Fanatec Driver 402 (before 399) incl. new Firmware Manager for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• CLS Elite V1 here. With the 684 firmware the degrees of rotation are borked. Setting the wheel to 1080°, the driver page reports around 78° when turning the wheel actually 90°, Also in game calibration (only tested in iracing) did not work out in the way to get the real wheel synced to the virtual wheel.

Reverting to WBFW 680 solved the issue.

• Rev + Gear indicator Idea for future Beta releases

(when the menu jolts are fixed ;) )

• Hi!

Trying to upgrade from v381 to the latest v399 firmware.

When trying to upgrade I get a message box stating:

"A problem has been encountered while reading versions.xml! Please contact FANATEC support for help".

Tried to repair, and during the repairing process I get another message:

"One or more property sheets have been left open. Please close them first, them uninstall again."

I then close a error window that pops up with that message and the process completes.

However, when entering the USB Controllers properties page to try and update the firmware I get the 1st message.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Edgar.

• It's a known issue.

There is a working workaround it seems which is to change your Windows Regional Format to German (Germany). Then this error with the version.xml should not appear anymore.

• hello fans. updated to v399 and everything correct. but as some people say, I have also noticed a change in the FFB. especially on ps4. In GTS. Same configuration and LIN revised as well.

• edited January 2021

I upgraded 2 days ago to 399. The firmware upgrade was easy and no problem. I like very much that messages displayed on base oled are replicated also on wheel rim led.

Today I got the time to drive more with the new version. Definitely something is different. DD2 with Porsche podium rim. I play ACC same car same track since a lot of time. New driver and firmware, same old tuning settings. The driving feels different. I will try to explain. Now I dont feel the loss of traction fast and clear enough as in 381. Also I think that details for road surface feels much more than before .. like unnaturally/artificially amplified. Also the change in FFB during turn is not smooth, it's like the force comes more sudden and with couple of peaks. And of course my laptimes are worse.

And finally I am not sure about this, but now I think the FFB bar in ACC goes higher than before. I am not sure about this and if it is related, because I look at this bar only when I do whatever (in game or in tuning menu) changes to FFB, and I have not done any before the upgrade to 399.

I intent to rollback to driver 381 and it's firmwares.

Any expected issues or things to prepare before the downgrade?

• Dirk BoersmaDirk Boersma Member
    edited January 2021

Hello, i did the update to Version 399, did the firmware update and updated the v3 pedals to 1.31 through usb (rj12 cable disconnected) , After that i connected the pedals through rj12 to the base again, but then the pedals wheren't recognized in the fanatec menu (i could see the bars when i pressed the pedals, but there was no option in tuning menu to set the brakepressures) and the pedals where also not recognized in fanalab. I reinstalled driver 399 but same result. After that ii installed driver 3.81 and everything was working again as it should.

So basicly i am now using the old driver with new firmware.

• I'm not sure what exactly you mean, I don't have a problem with the degrees of rotation.

• Hello Maurice, I would like to ask you if you know when the official 399 driver is going to be ready (approximately...) Thanks in advance!!

• Jeffrey KingJeffrey King Member
    edited January 2021

Only had one issue while updating my CSW v2.5.

Initially did the install with the 918 RSR wheel to it, everything updated and calibrated without issue. When the manager prompted to remove/install any other wheels for update, I installed my 911 GT3 w/PBME connected to a Universal hub. Update completed, but when it came time to calibrate the wheel it switched from PC to Xbox mode.

After digging through the Universal hub literature I was able to switch it back to PC mode and completed the calibration without further issue.

Also took the time to disconnect my CSL w/LC pedals from the RJ12 jack and connect via USB. Sad to see no updates were available but everything appears to be functioning, just need some time in ACC to test the pedals with connectivity via USB as opposed to RJ12.

• Like that fix is ever going to happen... the issue is there since September 2019 and there hasn’t been any progress on it since. And Fanatec still mentioned the screen as a feature... which it would be if it didn’t influence the behaviour of the motor in a negative way.

Seems that all DD1/2 owners have bought a product that is never going to function 100% since it’s hardware related.

• Podium DD1

Podium Hub

Endurance module

Updated the DD1 firmware was fine but Hub and BME wont update, getting this error

ERROR Unknown Update Mode!

Error: Connect device failed(Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.).

• Is it possible to make just the new V3 pedals driver available as a separate download? I checked the V3 product page, it's not there. I'm very happy with the last version DD driver and don't want to risk changing it.

I'd also be very interested to hear what changed with the V3 pedal update? Can you provide details Maurice? Only one user has commented so far, he said they feel much better.

• you could unplug the base from the USB and just update the pedals. the loadcell response is smoother now.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Contact support, it could be a lose contact between base and wheel causing this.

I would suggest to contact support as it might be hardware related. Could be a lose contact between base and wheel, means also could be either of both.

There is no advantage using USB but the advantage of RJ12 is that you can adjust the load cell with BRF on the fly through the wheel and save those settings while via USB you need to do it over the driver UI and you cannot save it for different Tuning Menu settings. Another benefit is you need 1 less USB less.

• Hi Marcel, Thanks for the reply!

I wrote an update on this:

I also had this problem with V381.Now I put the Driver 380, downgraded only the Wheel base firmware to 679, and it does seem to work for the moment...I suspected the problem came from the Wheel Base as I have the problems on different wheels (McLaren V2). I do not see any hardware damage also...

I do not know however if the problem comes from the PC Driver itself, or the Wheel Base Firmware...

Do you think I still need to contact support?

Thanks and have a great day

are you using manual or automatic calibration in the driver? because this can influence the range in which BRF adjusts. In automatic mode try to press the pedal hard so it can calibrate to it's max, in manual mode press hard and hit the set max button. Maybe your current max is lower than it was before the update.

Which wheel base are you using with the Formula V2?

which wheel was attached and did you update mutliple wheels in the process, just one or none?

We were not able to reproduce this yet, can you try different things like with and without a wheel or also change a tuning menu setting and see if this is saved or not saved as well when re-booting.

note, settings are saved back to the base again at the end of the update process when closing the firmware managere. It's not saved directly after the base firmware update and other updates still pending.

is it the first time you try to update them or did you update them before and it worked? Can you try removing the BMEs USBC from the hub and see if the hub updates fine then?

if it works with the older version please try for a couple of more days to see if the issue is gone. Then give the new driver another try and if it immediately comes back then it's clear to be caused by the newer firmware. Let me know when you did that, then we'll take a look what it could be.

edited January 2021

Everyone where the Tuning Menu settings weren't saved:

• What base and wheel(s) were used?
    • Do you have a shifter and was the shifter calibration part of the process?
    • Did you only update the base or did you update one wheel or multiple wheels as well?
    • Try different combinations like doing the process with or without a wheel/shifter or different wheels to see if it makes a difference
This discussion has been closed.