Bizarre issue of CSL Pedals not working after LC Pedal even without LC Pedal

2»

Comments

• Hi Dave

Glad to see your pedal problem has been resolved.

I received an email from Fanatec Support with lots of helpful advice on how to solve my issue. The first thing they suggested was to go back into the game and go to the settings menu. I did that and changed a few things and then returned to the game. Magically it all now works! I'm not sure what I did but it seems OK now. The second fix they recommended, if the first did not work, was to download and install driver 440. I have downloaded it but not installed it yet. Not sure if I still need to install this now that it seems to be working. I will go back to Fanatec Support and ask them what I should do.

Well done to Fanatec for coming back so quickly and providing helpful advice.

• Hey, could you tell us what the suggestions they made to change in the menu were?

• HI Irfaan

Not much really. They just said test the games in compatibility mode and in PS4/5. I didn't do this as they also suggested that I check the settings in each game. I did that first when in playstation mode on the wheel base. I was in the driving game ACC and the settings/options in that game are so complicated I didn't know what changes to do. I just clicked on a couple of changes at random and then went back to the game. You can image my surprise when it all worked!

The other things they suggested if the above did not work was to download the driver 440 and update the firmware on the wheelbase. Driver 440 link is https://admin.forum.fanatec.com/uploads/697/T3QSNL6Z3PUM.zip

They then suggested connecting the loadcell pedals to the PC using the USB, having first disconnected the RJ12 connection from the pedals to the wheelbase. Then refresh the firmware in the pedals. When completed, disconnect the pedal USB and reconnect the RJ12 from the pedals back to the wheelbase. Then connect the wheelbase USB back to the PC and in the pedals section deactivate the manual calibration mode for the pedals. Connect the USB back to playstation and try again.

Hope one of these fixes solves your problem.

• I know it's been a while but I just bought a 2nd hand load cell set off of eBay for $120 that came with all 3 pedals. I only needed the LC but for that price and it was the cheapest one, I bought it. Now I am having the same issue. I am 90% sure that the loadcell pedal/electronics is the issue. The old brake (now clutch) and accelerator didn't work when I transferred just the LC as my 3rd pedal. Same issue when I switched the PCB in the black box from the 2nd pedal to the original one I had. The brake/clutch doesn't have a black box just the wire so I switched them too. Same issue. So I reverted everything back, to where they belonged and tried it with how is was shipped (so all 3 were the 2nd hand pedals) and still, brake/clutch, and accelerator didn't work. But, for all the different combinations I tried, if I didn't plug up the LC (so just brake and accelerator) they worked fine. But once I plugged the brake into the clutch, and the acc to the loadcell, then loadcell to ddpro, only the LC worked. Idk why this is still an issue, but I figured that this may help someone narrow it down to just being a LC issue not the other pedals. (again not 100% sure but idk what else it would be)