CSL DD - Burning smell from motor

2»

Comments

• In the beginning it's what i wanted to do a Logitech G923, and then the Trustmaster T300 RS GT to finally choose Fanatec :/ and now all i have is headache, stomachache and nothing to play.

• After sent ticket to support i got the 7th day (Today) this morning mails from Fanatec with usual questions about incident and other one with RMA. Now i have to pack all again and go to post office like last time.

• crx90icrx90i Member
    edited February 3

Same thing started happening yesterday to my CSL DD GT 8nm

Sadly its out of warranty but havent been used too much as I have a full time job, a 3 hour commute and a familly...

The worst part is that I was just trying a brand new Mclaren GT3 wheel I ordered from Fanatec, 20 laps into Spain Assetto Corsa and started smelling burnt plastic...

Submitted a ticket to see if I can at least pay to get it repaired.

Was considering the new 15nm Clubsport DD+ and a few QR2 hubs for my wheels but not so sure now, the desing looks the same, just a longer motor, wondering if the maindbooards share the same faulty components and flaws... Not willing to trhow away more than 1K on faulty equipment.

Depending on the outcome of this I'll decide if its better to sell all my Fanatec gear and jump over so Simucube or Simagic, I'll forget about GT7 and keep myself on PC only 😪

• edited April 10

Same issue here, I started with iRacing with my freshly installed set for about an hour. After this started ACC and after two and a half laps disconnected and made the same smell as you described.

Support ticket created :(

This is my firs Fanatec set, and didn't use it for 2 hours. I'm using my G923 now again.