CSL DD (5 Nm) Electronic burning smell from motor and stopped working

2»

Comments

• The 7th day (Today) i received this morning mails from Fanatec with usual questions about incident and other one with RMA. Now i have to pack all again and go to post office like last time.

• Hi, quick update on my situation :

CSL DD burned too.

After several tries, I managed to get the return email from support on January 10.

January 17: Support response, we will send you a RMA. Without any additional questions.

January 18 : RMA in mailbox.

January 19 : My dead CSL DD has just been sent by post.

X fingers.... What I can say, even if I am disappointed with the equipment, is that the after-sales service is very understanding and helpful.

• which driver did you have installed and which steering wheel were you using when it burned?

• Hope all will ok this time to you.

• @zeko,

I do not know anymore.

The last ones that I installed just after receiving the CSL, at the end of December.

The steering wheel is the Mc Laren for Xbox.

• means problematic 455

• I've found my last log. Confirm : 455.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

FANATEC Firmware Updater Wizard

Driver Version: 455

Call Date: 29/12/2023 13:54:31

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[START TRACE]

FWMNGR: FirmwareManager::DataFolderInitialize local folder checked...

FWMNGR: FanatecDevice::Enumerate 

FWMNGR: FanatecDevice::DeviceInfoGet

FWMNGR: Device Product ID: 32

FWMNGR: Device Name: System.Char[]

FWMNGR: Device Type: 1

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Wheel Base: 1.1.11.3 Status:0

FWMNGR: Wheel Type: 17

FWMNGR: Base Type: 10

FWMNGR: Steering Wheel Type: 11

FWMNGR: Pedal Type: 2

FWMNGR: Shifter State: 2

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Rim: 47.0.0.0 Status:0

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Motor Major: 1.0.3.2 Status:0

FWMNGR: Firmware Version WQR: 6.0.1.1 Status:0

FWMNGR: IsAPMConnected: 0

FWMNGR: ModuleType: 0

FWMNGR: FirmwareVersionRimModule: 0.0.0.0 Status:0

FWMNGR: FanatecDevice::WheelBaseEnumerate bDeviceFound=True

FWMNGR: FanatecDevice::PedalsEnumerate bDeviceFound=False

• @Cedric Bredard is this the second time you've got this issue?

• Have you tried to ask for justification for this?

Because if it happened 2 times it can happen a third time....

It means that in the repair they use the same bad components used during the first assembly. 

This really scares me a lot.

• Two times i got a new one so they doesn't repaired and explained anything. I think really this model of DD have problems with overheating, it doesn't have fans and 8nm is too much then i suppose. It have great possibility it break again a third time if they send me new one again. I supose they rather should refund me the DD or give me the possibility with little money added and what i paid already to get more high quality model. During this time losted i can't drive, i can't have fun. This is why i bought this then in the beginning.

• 5nm here, so i don't think is the boost your problem.

Let's cross the fingers

• Update:

I finally received RMA and sent the DD back for repair.

I see from tracking that it was received, but I haven't received any confirmation email or update from fanatec.

How long will the repair take now that they have received it? Another month? :(

• Last time it took 1 month between sending and return.

• I received news from Fanatec today, the second DD i got is now repaired. Fanatec gave me tracking number so wait and see...

• 1 month :(

So for me will be like 1 month to get RMA ready and 1 month to have back the DD.

Not bad at all, i cannot really get how they can continue to survive like this.

• This time it's faster, they says they repaired it i should get it tomorrow so less than 3 weeks.

• I finally received my csl dd. Unlike you Cédric, it was mine who came back.

I put it back in driver 454... I play on Xbox series X. I played for a good hour without any problem... I was scared to death. I always smelled to make sure it didn't burn!

On ACC perfect. Forza, still these constant tremors... I'm very afraid that this is what caused the overheating the first time...

I have adjusted the settings at length to reduce these vibrations but it is still not perfect at all.

I quickly tried F1 2023. It looks pretty good. After an hour I stopped. Nothing to report! I'm praying... I'm crossing my fingers... Hopefully it holds!

• Good to you if it works, i received mine yesterday and i didn't tried it yet. Did you reduced FFB too? I'm just asking me how long we could play before problems. 1 hours/2 hours maybe more i don't know.

• Hi,

Yes, in Forza I reduced the FFB. In ACC I didn't touch anything.

I ask myself the same question... Last night I really wasn't calm. One hour, no plancha :)

It's Forza that worries me the most with these constant vibrations in the steering wheel...

So I lowered the driver to 454. I feel like the steering wheel menus are simpler. If so, the problem came from the driver?

• edited January 31

It's a part of the problem yes. A lot of people have problems with lasts drivers. I was on 451 on both burned and it worked ok til it burn so i don't know. Anyway i will down FFB in AC and FH5 too so wait and see.

• Tried almost 2 hours of driving, always working, as i said i reduced FFB on 5 nm, no smell, no hot currently.

• Hello people, i have the same problem, mine just last less than 30min (csl DD 5nm on iracing)

it happens on the screen menu so i think its not because of FFB, its some construction problem. smell like burn plastic and cant conect anymore

Until now 1 week and i have no response from fanatec.

we wait so long to recieve the bundle and after that this happens, not good 🤨