ClubSport DD+ Update

Comments

• Tomaz HocevarTomaz Hocevar Member
    edited February 6

Don't expect to get it before march or april and when you finally get it, expect it to have coil whine and you'll have to send it back, and there for add another two, three or four weeks for rma if they answer to your support ticket soon enough. Go live your life now and stop checking for updates every few hours. You will get an email with the updates or if it get's shipped.

• Siemka, czy mogę wiedzieć kiedy złożyłeś zamówienie? Pytam bo jestem ciekaw czy będą wysyłać zgodnie z datą zamówienia, jak już do tego dojdzie, moja to 17.12.2023.

Pozdrawiam

• Hello Fanatec,

It seems you have now time to participate in Youtube Videos to answer questions about your customer service and products availabilities, that's great.

But it would be more appropriate if you can first take this time to give such kind of information for customers that have paid for these product and still awaiting for an update and valid shipping date.

The disregard of customers is not part of good relationships.

• Yannick tienes toda la razón, creo que en Fanatec no lo pueden hacer peor.

• I placed my order for Clubsport DD+ on Oct. 23 and am patiently waiting for the order with no complaint so far but I honestly am tired of seeing updates saying to wait another two weeks again and again.

I bought 2023 F1 wheel, V2 pedal, QR2, etc. in Black Friday and received them in early Dec. but can't use none of them for two months because DD+ hasn't come yet.

I am not sure it is common in Germany or in Europe but I've never seen a company taking customer's money before shipping actual orders in USA. Since you did Fanatec, you are responsible to give the customers, who paid already for the orders, constant updates with correct info, no lies. I don't want to see another post saying another two weeks. If you want to say so again, please make it happen this time.

• Or you can do it like me and pay a second base the GT DD Pro and do it with that until the DD+ arrives.

• I applaud Thomas for taking the time to speak with an influencer. He was direct with his answers and business can treat that directness both ways. It does leave room for interpretation regarding the answer he gave about if he would change anything about the pre sale so I’ll leave that to individuals to sort for themselves.

what I took from the information is that because Sony gave them a chip that had not been tested yet it is taking longer to get the chip to pass Sonys tests than either company thought it would.

for me it’s a no-fault situation as both company’s believed that the testing would be smoother than it is. Thomas said it perfectly. He built in buffer time for his expected release date but he wishes he would’ve built in more of it.

decision making in business is unforgiving and tough. It’s very much a damned if you do damned if you don’t situation with every choice made.

• You must have seen a different interview to most as that is not what I took from the interview at all. He basically said nothing and gave evasive answers. He didnt commit to anything and pretty much blamed everyone else for their problems. The simple fact is that they should NOT be selling a product based on the HOPE that they get a license. Sony could still turn round and say no. Dont forget that.

Plus there are a lot of orders not fulfilled that arent even for the DD+ so whats the excuse for those? They cant blame Sony for that

• First he gave business person answers. He addressed the questions posed to him professionally. No one is going to throw their own business directly under the bus. So you kind of have to read between the lines. You may not like it but that’s how it is in the business world. It’s a dirty stinky place.

Sony can not say no, they have already provided the security chip. They are just working out the bugs. Thomas made this point very clear. It’s testing that is holding them up. Contracts and paperwork is already signed.

the outstanding orders that are all messed up were addressed as well. He said they had massive system failures coupled with a new logistics company that caused a bunch of headaches right? Add to that an overwhelming number of support tickets that flooded the system and what do you end up with? A bunch of orders that are fumbled. And never ending tickets from tens of thousands of people asking the same question. “Where’s my order?” He says this is all straightened out. What he means by this is the system failure issues have been handled so to him there is no problem, however in reality this means that once the never ending stream of freaked out people’s support tickets stop coming in the faster they can process exactly where they are at. Basically stop pestering them and give them a chance to catch up. If you have sent a support ticket don’t keep sending them. That just makes it worse.

on that note I don’t know if you have ever done business with specialty product manufacturers but the more times you call them, the more you email them, the more you pester them with when is my product going to be finished?, the more you ask for updates to the point of being intrusive the more likely it is that that company will push your order to the bottom of the pile, your emails go unanswered, your items being sent to the back of the line. I know that doesn’t seem like good business but when you hold the copyright, license, insurance ticket to make said item. The more power you have to look at someone and tell them tough sh$!! And believe me it happens more than you think it does. Not every business is out to kiss its customers as**s and that’s just facts.

hope some of this rambling made sense.

• If I decide to use DD PRO as a second base, I will also have to purchase QR2 for the base since my wheel comes with QR2. Moreover, I don't need a second base anyway so I will probably be selling it later as a used item. I don't want to spend another extra money for Fanatec's fault. The original available date when I placed the order was 12/13.

• Woow estamos en las mismas la mía es 12/12 y sigo a la espera me han recomendado hacer algo similar pero no vale la pena seguir gastando cuando toda la culpa ha sido de Fanatec, así que solo esperemos porque algún día llegará, todos los plazos se cumplen

Wow, we're in the same situation, mine is 12/12 and I'm still waiting. They recommended that I do something similar but it's not worth continuing to spend when it's all the fault of Fanatec, so let's just wait because one day it will arrive, all the deadlines are fulfilled

• The problem here is that TJ and you say the old orders have been straightened out, and that is NOT the case. I have an outstanding order from Nov 23rd that had no pre order items, only a universal hub, advance paddle module, and button caps. All items were in stock in the US. That's all. Still haven't gotten them. Had to send multiple support tickets because each time they'd respond with a copy/paste response instead of actually helping my specific case. On my 6th email I got a legit response but basically they said 'oops, sorry you didn't get this order. That's because we didn't send it. But I don't know why we didn't send it. We will look into it." It's been about two weeks since that email. Does this sound like it's all been resolved?

• edited February 7

Por fin se mueve mi pedido de la DD+!!! hice el pedido el 21 de octubre y he recibido un email de que lo han enviado al almacen!!!! comienzan los envios!!!

• Guys received the confirmation for the dd+ right now that is handover to the warehouse and got the invoice (germany)

• Potwierdzam, dd+ jest w trakcie wysyłki, również otrzymałem fakturę.

• ScSc Member

Yeeeeeees, got the info too, also from germany

• Its happening guys yeeeees^^

• yes!!!

• Me too!!! So excited💪💪💪

• I just received this e-mail:

"Dear sim racer,

We are thrilled to say that the ClubSport DD+ has begun shipping to customers! It took a little longer than expected, but final clearance from Sony is complete.

Please note:

• Our warehouse will begin processing shipments in the order in which they were received.
    • Depending on the batch your pre-order was assigned to, your order may have a different availability date. This date should be visible in your Fanatec account.
    • For technical reasons it is not possible to do partial shipments. If your order contains a product with a later availability date, the entire order will be on hold until that date.
    • If your order requires customs documentation, processing may require several additional business days.

We apologise for the postponement – while much of the situation was out of our control, our original estimated availability date was too optimistic. We always try to be as realistic as possible with our preorder dates, but there is room for improvement. Thank you very much for your patience; we are sure the ClubSport DD+ is worth the wait!

Happy sim racing!

Team Fanatec"

No movement on my order yet, but I just had a look and everything else included in my order is "in stock" in Australia so hopefully no additional delays.

• just receive the email from Fanatec too! finally!!

• Right guys, I also just got the email and it was also marked as "handed over to the warehouse" in my account. Maybe it really happens 🤞

From Germany

• Yeeeeessssss

• Enjoy your stuff I really convinced when it arrives it will be a game changer 😁

• YES!!!!!!!!

Time to 🥳🥳🏁❤️🏁🥳🥳

• Now hopefully UPS will not mess anything up.

oct 24th order, being prepared for shipment. Nice.

• Here the same mate, if they send it out today I will have it tommorw 😀