Housekeeping Update 2

13»

Comments

• Thanks for the update evilhomer let’s hope the same happens here as well. No news as of yet after almost a month of wait

• It would also be good if people not getting their orders are clear where they are located. I have placed several orders in the last few months and I get them all in a few days (paying for expedited shipping). I am in the U.S. that has included a DD+ , QR2s and Rally Modules.

• Logan thanks for sharing. Yes, it can be a number of factors affecting deliveries, but they seem so random. A response from the support would be sufficient. Supposedly, support responds in a few days - in fact they had responded to a question I sent before I ordered as a test in 3 days. After I ordered, I contacted 4-5 times and I still haven't received a response.

So order is not processed, I get no response at all, and I have half the ecosystem here waiting for the order. I have no idea how to approach this at all. If at least I knew what's going on, any reason, I wouldn't really mind as long as I am not kept in the dark. Last couple of days I have become obsessed with this, affecting my mental health.

• As of today my order changes status and ‘moved to warehouse’! Finally I can rest, knowing that something is working in the background! Hopefully everything is a smooth sailing moving forward!

• Seems my excitement was short lived. It seems Fanatec are printing labels but not actually handing product to UPS (in the EU/UK). Having seen it had shipped on 14th, it's still only at the label printed stage. I've been speaking to people whose status stay there for well over a week. Maybe that's what Fanatec mean by fixing issues, they haven't actually fixed it yet, they are just booking the shipping super early so it appears that EU warehouse issues have been resolved. Is what it is but take status changes with a pinch of salt, until UPS show it as actually on its way I wouldn't trust it

• Evilhomer even so, despite the late delays, things are still going on. Until I got this confirmation I thought my order was lost in oblivion. IF they printed the labels, eventually they are going to pick it up.

• Of course Nick agree, I just think its sneaky given all the bad press for Fanatec that they are using smoke and mirrors to make it look like they are back on target when the reality is they are most certainly still having EU warehouse issues. The CMO might have wanted to hold off sharing a blog on the matter.

If I was of a suspicious mind Id say they did it to attract people who were holding off until the delivery issues were fixed, to go ahead and make an order, despite there not being any improvements. They mostly likely did so to boost their order books given the financial state.

I'm in the process now of trying to cancel my order, let's see how I get on with that. Thankfully its on a credit card so if they don't respond I'll raise a charge back and let them deal with it

• edited May 16

I'm not sure which thread I had posted this to, but I had sent an email to the support before submitting my order, and it took them a few days to respond, but in the end, they did respond.

Fanatec does great products, it's up to you to decide whether you cancel or not, but if I were you I'd reconsider. I mean, you are almost there, hang in a little more.

• Hey Nick, I know I've been a Fanatec customer for 10 years, had multiple wheels and products. When I saw the QR2 and DD+ back in stock at 4-7 days I jumped on and ordered having seen this blog post I was confident I'd get the replacement with only a few days missing, putting my GT DD Pro for sale, which it did and has now gone.

Unfortunately we use the sim rig as a tool as well as a game. My son races karts in real life and the rig is used for KartSim to practice upcoming races and learn UK tracks. We have a few races coming up and I can't really wait any longer. I ordered DD + because I rarely, but every now and then play GT7. I'm just ordering the Simucube as I suggested. I can't play GT7 but that's ok. I'll take the improved quality and fact its next day delivery.

I also don't mind that Fanatec are having issues with delivery, what I take particular offence to is dishonesty. I bet I'm not the only person to see this blog and items come back in stock, to jump in and decide now it's safe to order, only to find out it's not. The dishonesty is the thing that erodes brand trust

• It's partially my fault, should not have put the DD Pro on sale until I had this in hand, it was a schoolboy error. But that's what happens when you trust the CMO of a company. The little I can do is take my 1000's of pounds elsewhere

• I understand your problem that it is also a tool to practice... I did the same thing, sold my CSL before ordering the DD+. The thing is that I don't play that often - lack of time and all - but when I do want to play, I really enjoy it.

Yes, the same thing that bothers me as well - not exactly dishonesty - but lack of communication. From a business perspective I understand that things are tough. However, business management is one thing and day-to-day another. Not really sure what their strategy is in regards to response, I guess since they have delayed so much, the prefer to not respond rather than respond sporadically and then others find about it and be pissed.

However, I am certain that things could be handled better. If you can't individually respond then share blog posts more often to keep us up to date. I am a fun of truthful communication. Say what happened - eg people are overwhelmed, people quit, we have encountered X problem, we are doing this to resolve it, we handle order this way, etc - I am sure people would be more understanding.

They could even follow some strategies like setup a system to handle email comms - sort by orders then RMAs then issues, then unresolved date descending, group by sender and respond in bulk - this could eliminate the tens of emails from the same individuals asking the same thing over and over again, complaining, etc.

• Nick, you mentioned you got a response from customer services. I have tried contacting but get a standard automatic reply. It doesn't mention anything about them contacting me only that it takes 1-3 days to dispatch items (that is utterly laughable) and not to further reply.

I would like to try and cancel the order amicably before I take the route of a chargeback through the bank. Did you use the contact link in the Information section/footer?

• edited May 16

...as I said, I tested by sending a message before my order was placed to evaluate whether support does in fact reply. And they did.

After my order though, I didn't get any response either, but during this time things have changed on the business side.

I also have a remaining slight fear of RMA'ing or contacting back for any reason, so I wouldn't like to be in your shoes. I don't think you are getting a reply. I think though that you can explicitly cancel your order before is sent to your warehouse. If they moved past that I guess you will either have to keep it or return it to get a refund, considering they are not attending pending comms. :/

I don't think a chargeback would work in this case, the bank would have to validate somehow that you didn't receive the goods, it's going to be a whole new process I guess. Never done that, altrough I had proactively contacted the bank to see if I am able to file a dispute. But they can prove that they have sent (or about to send items since I think they printed tracking receipts in your case, right?).

• Actually charge backs in the UK considerably favour the consumer. In fact I did a charge back for an item that didn't arrive and the bank essentially contacts the other bank and takes the money back. This was an international company as well. The item did eventually arrive (about a month late) and I was honest, contacted the bank and asked them to reinstate the charge.

So in this case I can request a charge back and if the wheelbase shows up I can accept and the money will go back on my account or refuse delivery so its returned back to them.

Fanatec's current business practices are not very ethical right now, with distance selling regulations, marketing rules etc all seem to be broken. They can't support their customers for products they sell. They seem to have improved things in the US (I wonder if that is due to the higher risks of litigation there forcing them)

• Liebe wartende...

Verliert nicht die Hoffnung!

Ich habe nach dem lesen eurer Beiträge Heute wieder Hoffnung erhalten.

Nach meiner Bestellung vom 05.05.24 von sechs Artikeln welche alle an Lager waren, (DD Extreme, Pedale, Sitz, CSL Rig, Halter Schalthebel und Schalthebel), habe ich soeben eine Mitteilung von Fanatec per Mail erhalten. Die Bestellung von allen sechs Artikeln ist heute anscheinend an UPS abgegeben worden. Und ja, ich habe jetzt eine Verfolgungsnummer.

Es sieht so aus, als würde ich meine komplette Bestellung in den nächsten Tagen erhalten.

Die Bestellung wird in die Schweiz geliefert, dies wird sicher noch wegen dem Zoll ein paar Tage in Anspruch nehmen.

Sobald ich alle Artikel von UPS erhalten haben, werdet Ihr wieder von mir hören.

Viel Glück, Geduld, Hoffnung...

• Just a small update from me and an apology. My item has now fully shipped. It was a few days later than advertised but not by much. With the confusion on whether it had shipped or not I discussed above that we might not get a response. That actually proved not to be true. Customer Service responded within 48 hours and supplied further details.

So after some mild stress and worry it does seem there are some big improvements starting to trickle through, and so apologies to the CMO it seems Fanatec are trying to sort things out so fair play to them and well done for realising somethings needed to change

• Excellent news evilhomer! Let's wait them out - I got a tracking number today, package to be delivered May 23rd (est)!

• I'm a first time customer in Australia. I have a rather frustrating experience. Put in my first order with Steering wheel with QR1 wheel base, and pedal around end of April. Had the order cancelled after realising QR1 is out of stock. Placed another order on 3/5/24 with QR2 this time, not dispatched since. Very disappointed.

• Hi Belma,

Thanks for the updates on logistics and fulfilment. Is there any efforts being made to improve software/driver support? You have some flagship products like the Monte Carlo wheel with Podium Button Module Rally that has fundamental non-operational issues on PS5 where sequential shifting is completely inhibited and almost zero compatibility on EA WRC, a game that is primarily linked to the Podium Button Module Rally content.

I believe the sequential shifter issue is with your driver/software and the EA WRC support is with EA/Codemasters but considering the Monte Carlo wheel with the Podium Button Module Rally is a €700 product, what is being done in-house and externally with EA/Codemasters to get this resolved asap for PS5?

Many thanks

Alex

• @ Alex

You're in the wrong section. Try reading through some of the driver threads such as 457, 456, & 455.

But no, there's going to be nothing asap about it.

• I get a defective wheelbase delivered and then they tell me it will be repaired? Are you guys deluded? I spend a lot of money so I want a new one. But anyway, I hope Paypal settles everything in the case and I get my money back in the end. I really hope so, because I don't want to be a customer of yours any more. If you rely on you, you will be abandoned! Other manufacturers don't s*** on their customers.

• Commande passer le 20 janvier pour volant clubsport avec modile endurance envoyer le 11 avril ups a perdu les colis ojourd hui toujour aucune nouvelle de fanatec aprer 5 ou 6 mail vrement deplorable !!

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member
    edited May 23

"The ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base has now launched in Japan, and the ClubSport Racing Wheel F1® will follow soon. We thank our Japanese customers for their patience! "

Soon? It's been 23 days since it's published. “Endless waiting”, vividly described this company.

• So after no response at all from Fanatec I raised a dispute with PayPal as completely run out of patients with the dire customer services.

I then (probably no way related) dispatch email from UPS for delivery to take place last Thursday, however due to shipping delays, not with Fanatec but with UPS as they had the packages, arrival this morning.

All of this bad press, customers waiting for their products and not knowing could be avoided, if Fanatec put some real effort into managing the customer services. It has certainly left a really sour taste in my mouth, yes delighted to of received the products and to get to experience it, but come on Fanatec, basics here, this being customer service

• The above post was in relation to order placed on the 15th April 2024.

"Ordered on the 15th April, CSL DD (8 Nm), CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2, QR2 Lite Wheel-Side, CSL Elite Pedals V2, QR2 Base-Side (Type-C). Knowing that the QR2 was on pre order for the 30th April.

Felt positive that on the 2nd May, order status changed on website to "Handover to warehouse" even after reading all the comments. Even though no email advising order change

Tried to contact Fanatec customer service 9th May asking for an ETA for dispatch, no response at all.

This customer service is shocking. Paid for equipment nearly a month ago, therefore raising dispute though PayPal to either refund or confirm items are actually going to be shipped. Seriously wished I had researched prior to placing order with Fanatec."

• Hello, I've decided to write here about my order because customer service doesn't even reply to me any more. I ordered during Blackfriday on 24 Nov 2023, then like many I was informed that there was no stock, so I was patient, and I waited. I then sent an email to support after 1 month and they replied to tell me that I had to wait. After 3 months I received an email asking me if I wanted to keep my order. Since then I've had no reply and no news. I'm looking for advice on how to get my money back or with some help from you on the forum.

• Hi

I ordered the dd+ extreme, the V3 pedal and the brake kit on may 2nd. unfortunately I didn't realize that the kit will be delivered on may 17th. Then I got the notification that it was 8th of august instead of 17th of may. after that I tried to call/email the customer service (without success), and finally I cancelled the order on 27th of may, got my money back the next afternoon, and ordered again only the parts that were in stock. This morning UPS delivered the packages on June 3rd (Europe, Hungary)

I thought I would write this down so that those who are as unsure as I am can see a positive story.

• Hi order placed 28 February and still no product can we take a look please?

• May 1st:

"The ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base has now launched in Japan, and the ClubSport Racing Wheel F1® will follow soon."

June 5th:

Launched.

36 days. This is what Fanatec's "soon" means, which, considering recent events, is kinda good.

• events ?