Fanatec Beta Driver V289 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

14567810»

Comments

• I've had the motor firmware 18 since I got my wheel v2.5 over a year ago now, I remember asking Remco whats the 18 mean in the display after startup....I don't think it's new motor firmware, but just new in the driver detecting it  
  • Ok it makes sense now... i updated and its still 18 then i pushed update motor FW again and got the same message so that's the updater telling me no need to update motor FW.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Ok it makes sense now... i updated and its still 18 then i pushed update motor FW again and got the same message so that's the updater telling me no need to update motor FW.

Glad you got it worked out. My friend received his wheel before mine so he was telling me the same thing Stephen mentioned.
    Quick question. Is the FEI only available on CSW V2.5 bases? Don't see it on V2
  • Quick question. Is the FEI only available on CSW V2.5 bases? Don't see it on V2
    What is FEI? I have it on my v2.5 Wheel base 
  • edited April 2018
    i think FEI and FOR do basically the same thing.....i have asked that in a few post but No response yet :-\"
  • i think FEI and FOR do basically the same thing.....i have asked that in a few post but No response yet :-\"
    no, not at all.
    Force is giving you FFB force/strength.
    Force Effect Intensity is to reduce sharpness of FFB effects (basically smoothing out FFB spikes). With a lower FEI you will loose FFB sharpness but you gain a more silent base because you dont get extreme loud FFB spikes when driving over high curbs etc.
    For CSW users there is no need at all to change FEI to anything lower than 100 because that base really doesnt make much noise at all (unlike the CSL Elites).
    FOR is also suggested to just leave at 100 or increase up to 120 if you want exeggerated overpowered FFB effects (note that with a higher FOR setting the fans will have to work more to get the motor cool) but I also wouldnt lower this to anything lower than 100. At least on PC.

You can also read anything about FEI in one of Thomas earlier Blog posts about FEI and in the Manual for the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4. Note that the blog post and the manual diffe and are describing the usage in the opposite direction. Manual is more recent and therefore the correct behaviour of the implemented FEI setting (so with FEI 100 you get the most detailed raw FFB effects and with a lower FEI you add artificial smoothing so you loose FFB sharpness).
  • edited April 2018
    on the McClaren rim Can some one test the mappable shifter paddles...
    test pull left paddle and see if you get a stable reading then test right paddle and see if you get a stable reading...
    The left paddle is stable and will Hold at 50%  but my right shifter paddle the reading is Not stable it goes up and down constantly --> EX: if i want to make clutch bite point 50% it wont stay on 50% .... i tried this with both hands also to make sure that my right hand is not shaking and same results.

I doubt its a hardware issue it maybe in the FW the right shifter paddle needs tweeking.

Right paddle Reading is Not stable on the Wheel Oled screen or on the PC Fanatec wheel properties page.
  • I'm using the Clubsport Universal Hub, the left and right paddles on the hub work fine but,... the group button 5 (Left, Mid, and right buttons) do not work....Having two hubs and 8 spare button groups, I have tested all hubs and buttons, and the group button 5 is still not working so, yes, I would say this is a driver fault!
  • I'm using the Clubsport Universal Hub, the left and right paddles on the hub work fine but,... the group button 5 (Left, Mid, and right buttons) do not work....Having two hubs and 8 spare button groups, I have tested all hubs and buttons, and the group button 5 is still not working so, yes, I would say this is a driver fault!
    Sorry i should have specified i was talking about the mappable paddles on the McClaren rim
  • Quick question. Is the FEI only available on CSW V2.5 bases? Don't see it on V2
    Yes, in v2's there's no FEI, only in v2.5 and Elite's.
    Quick question. Is the FEI only available on CSW V2.5 bases? Don't see it on V2
    Yes, in v2's there's no FEI, only in v2.5 and Elite's.
    Thanks Rami.
This discussion has been closed.