Fanatec Beta Driver V289 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Comments

• Realy bad news.
    I thought the 2.5 base was supperior in all point to the 2.0 base, and for the feeling it's 100% exact but i can't understand why to ps3 mode was not ported to v 2.5 T_T
  • Realy bad news.
    I thought the 2.5 base was supperior in all point to the 2.0 base, and for the feeling it's 100% exact but i can't understand why to ps3 mode was not ported to v 2.5 T_T
    most probably licensing reasons.But on the product page it is very clearly documented that "no PlayStation system is and never will be compatible with this product".
    And tbh PS3 really is outdated and there is not much gain for a company to support that old generation of consoles still when a license will cost quite a bit...
    The CSW v2.5 is a future proofed wheel base with current gen in mind and probably also is Xbox Two (or whatever MS will call their next gen console) ready because MS in general is not that strict as Sony seems to be..
  • edited November 2017
    I gess i need to buy this little tool to play GT6 to my PS3 (The current ps4 gt game suck a lot) it can emulte a g27 on ps3, use the ps4 fanatec wheel with xbox one etc ...:
    https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/
  • Yeah, it's nice and handy gizmo.
  • I had problems today with my V2 base, it wont up or downshift from time to time so now i downloaded the 292 driver and i cant calibrate my wheel. when i push the off button on the base the screen on the BMW rim shows SFT. I tried the 289 driver but same thing. atfer self calibrating it goes 45 degrees to the left, shows 316 and after that CAL
  • I had problems today with my V2 base, it wont up or downshift from time to time so now i downloaded the 292 driver and i cant calibrate my wheel. when i push the off button on the base the screen on the BMW rim shows SFT. I tried the 289 driver but same thing. atfer self calibrating it goes 45 degrees to the left, shows 316 and after that CAL
    Sounds like a serious issue with the wheel base, as always it's better to contact Support directly instead of posting on the forums (if you haven't done so already).
  • Hhow driver install csw V2.5
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited February 2018
    I had problems today with my V2 base, it wont up or downshift from time to time so now i downloaded the 292 driver and i cant calibrate my wheel. when i push the off button on the base the screen on the BMW rim shows SFT. I tried the 289 driver but same thing. atfer self calibrating it goes 45 degrees to the left, shows 316 and after that CAL
    Hi Darko,
    the wheel tells you to calibrate the shifter (you have an H-shifter connected, right?) after the FW Update which has to be done always. The wheel Always stops 45° to the left if you do not calibrate the wheel center, like you always have to do after a FW update. So...I guess that after the wheel and shifter calibration your wheel will work as expected ;-)

"it wont up or downshift from time to time"
    That sounds like a hardware issue. Check after you properly performed the firmware update and after you verified that, check up with the support team. They will need to know if the shifting fails on the wheel (do you have a second one to isolate the issue) or on the external shifter.
  • I have a problem with my v2 base.
    It centers by itself when in windows. And also in games. I have to use a force to turn it to its extremes. That wasnt the case before. Also i can't open the settings page, there simply doesnt happen anithing when i try to.
    It centers by itself when in windows. And also in games. I have to use a force to turn it to its extremes. That wasnt the case before. Also i can't open the settings page, there simply doesnt happen anithing when i try to.
    uhm, why are you writing here in the beta thread for driver 289 when there is a newer one available?
    Please uninstall your driver and try the latest official one which is driver 292 for your CSW v2 wheel base, flash the firmware and see if the issue gets solved.

uhm, why are you writing here in the beta thread for driver 289 when there is a newer one available?
    Please uninstall your driver and try the latest official one which is driver 292 for your CSW v2 wheel base, flash the firmware and see if the issue gets solved.

Maybe the question was posted on this thread because there is not one for the latest driver. Should be, but there is not one. This is confusing, because any issues with the latest drivers are all discussed in this thread. Should not be the case. Should have a new thread, for many months now. 

Maybe the question was posted on this thread because there is not one for the latest driver. Should be, but there is not one. This is confusing, because any issues with the latest drivers are all discussed in this thread. Should not be the case. Should have a new thread, for many months now. 

dont fully agree because this thread is to discuss a beta driver (so when you wanna call it this is a betatest for a driver).
    There is actually no discussion forums available for the public drivers.
    But in general I agree that it would be nice to have such a discussion thread for public drivers... ^^
    But in general I agree that it would be nice to have such a discussion thread for public drivers... ^^
    You are both right...we want to expand our forum like a normal one. Customers should have more abilities to discuss and make custom threads etc.

@ Georg Winter
    I am pretty sure that our support live chat was available at the time you posted. This should be the primary destination to get help fast. Maurice' advice is a good one btw.
  • Hello
    Just to be clear, for CWB v2.5 64bit the latest is v292?...Thanks :)

• New beta driver V289 for testing purpose!

Install only if you are used to beta software and potential issues using such early software.
    No support can be given to beta software.
    If you have problems...revert to driver v281 or v261 and the included firmwares!
    ...alternatively previous beta drivers can be tested which are available in the forum.

Supported Wheels / Wheel Bases:
    CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Other USB accessories should also work fine:
    CSP V1, CSP V2, CSP V3, CSP V3i, CSL E P (LCK), CSR E P, CS USB

Accessories which are connected directly to a wheel / wheel base or USB pedals are not directly affected by the driver.

Changes:

• CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™ is fully supported
    • New firmwares included:
       - CSW V1 Base : CSW_Base_V300_rev1047_app
       - CSW V2 Base : CSW_V2_Base_V299_rev1046_app
       - CSW V2.5 Base : CSW_V2_5_Base_V298_rev1044_app
       - CSL E Base : CSL_E_W_Base_V296_rev1042_app
       - CSL E Base PS4 : CSL_E_PS4_Base_V297_rev1043_app => Newer than the FW on retail units. Recommeded to be installed!
       - EBLDC (CSW V2.5 / CSL PS4 Motor Driver): EBLDC_V18_rev162_app
    • Wheel bases do now remember the mode in which mode it was used. 
      - If you are using a CSW V2 (or CSW V2.5, CSL E WB) with UHX in PC mode and you restart the wheel it will boot directly into the PC mode again
      - Same goes for the CSL E PS4. It will remember if you used PC, PS4 or the compatibility mode.
    • Updated UWP support on all wheels for Forza Games in Windows 10
    • Fixed issue that control panel does not open
    • DEA and LIN has been removed from the tuning menu (it has been evaluated that those settings are not used by most customers and only confuse most users)
    • Spring effects have been optimized (be aware that you only benefit from this change IF a game/simulation uses spring effects)
    • Spring effect scaling using SPR in the tuning menu (be aware that you only benefit from this change IF a spring effect is used/activated by a game/simulation)
    • CSL PS4 firmware corrections
      - handbrake issues fixed
      - shifter SQ mode fixed
    Known issues:
    • None so far

Please report all issues which are found in this thread. Like mentioned before...there will be no support for the beta driver but all issues will be investigated to be resolved in future versions.

If you find any issues please post clear steps how the issue can be reproduced.

Please make sure that you mention as much information as possible (products/hardware involved, OS version, FW version, etc.) when you are describing problems with the new software. Videos/screenshots might ge a great help to analyze the issue.

If you find any issues while using this additional software please first deactivate the 3rd party software to make SURE if it is realted to the issue BEFORE posting it. We would still be interested in such software incompatibilites.

Thank you very much and have fun testing!

hallo Thomas i am Hendrik Hellemons from Holland i have csw 2.5 v3i inverted pedals brake perf kit F1 wheel csl p1 wheel use iT on ps4 pro with THE drivehub had in begin problems with fanatec Soon i be pc racing , you asked me too try beta drivers 289 and 291 and i did both works fine with ps4 pro and csw 2.5 at my home want too ask beta driver for v3i pedals thanks and still want csw V2 i also now have csw v1 wheelbase
  • Latest available driver v292 for the CSW v2.5 with latest firmware 317 is available at the support page for the v2.5. That driver is cross-compatible with all other Fanatec products, there is no seperate driver for the pedals.
  • on the Logitech g920 you can freely assign the keys LSB and RSB in the game on the Xbox, with Fanatec these keys are equal to LB and RB occupied and therefore not particularly useful. But I have heard that it will soon be synonymous with Fanatec with a new firmware.

Is there already news or a beta driver?
    edited March 2018
    Hi Sebastian,

I am not aware of the nature of this issue. Please feel free to send me some more detailed information by PM which clearly explains the issue as well as the information which you have "heard" and from whom. This topic is totally new to me.

I am pretty sure that the buttons have been double-mapped in the past because the Xbox One API did not feature more buttons ;-) If this has changed we might be able to adapt to this within FW.

THX!
  • I wonder if I can reset my CSW-V2.5 base to factory settings??? Base is all messed up or not sure Fanatec support did it all but asked me to send me an MRA to send to for repair or exchange .So of there is a factory reset to the box so I try for the last time.
  • Hello I am a new customer. I purchased the BMW Wheel. It come with the 2.5 Wheel base.

After i install the software i am able to update the firmware but afterwards cannot open properties to calibrate the wheel.

Also before install the software. i can go to USB Game controllers click on properties and it will open, but like i said above once i install the software i am unable to open properties.

I am on windows 10 64bit.

Help please
  • Hello I am a new customer. I purchased the BMW Wheel. It come with the 2.5 Wheel base.

After i install the software i am able to update the firmware but afterwards cannot open properties to calibrate the wheel.

Also before install the software. i can go to USB Game controllers click on properties and it will open, but like i said above once i install the software i am unable to open properties.

I am on windows 10 64bit.

Help please
    Try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling driver 292 with the CSW V2.5 powered on. You should be able to load the Gamecontroller again - if not, try another USB port.

BTW: For "calibrating" the wheel you dont have to open the properties page at all. Or what do you mean with "calibrate"?
  • How to uninstall the software already inside my V2.5 Easy to say uninstall To a new comer like him and me please explain
  • Good news finally got the software to load. apparently had my break plugged into the data port switched it to break port and i was able to configure the Wheel.

in the crew 1 I key bind the wheel but the car will not function with the wheel or pedals.

please help

• How to uninstall the software already inside my V2.5 Easy to say uninstall To a new comer like him and me please explain
    all you do is install the latest drivers once they are installed hold the power key on the 2.5 wheel base until it turns blue. then you will be able flash the latest firmware.
  • Thank you will try that . My base went to be repaired since day one when I bought it it never worked so how can I find out what version of firmware is installed
    @ Sam
    Every wheel will show the base FW on the display after the base booted up / initialized.
  • Very simple question my V2.5came from repair a brand new thatvnevervwotkedvso is the latest swift ware installed or i Need to start all from the very beginning
    ?
  • ?
    Yeah, that was hard to interpret. I think he (Sam) wants to know if his "back from repair" V2.5 has the latest firmware installed or does he have to reload everything from start. :-)

• Yes that’s what I am asking and no one can give me an answer
This discussion has been closed.