Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• Adam DyeAdam Dye Member
    edited December 2017
    All we ask is an update or date  as Thomas assured or promised us.

• JP Mens said:

What colour is on then?? Try a hard reset, take the power lead out of the base and reboot.. Normally the mode button cycles blue, red, purple and yellow (hold button 5 sec I think).. Have you updated the firmware yet??

JP Mens said:

Have you posted this video to customer service of Fanatec Niclas?? Maybe they know a solution, has it ever worked properly?? 

It has been like this since I first started it a couple of days ago. I have sent a message butbwill also contact customer service.
  • All we ask is an update or date  as Thomas assured or promised us.

Agreed. And for people who feel uncomfortable with complains on this update, just ignore and you don't really need to talk back. Please shut your front door. We're complaining to Fanatec, not to people who are satisfied. Please go to your room and play the game.
  • If you want privacy use the ‘contact us’ page, this is the blog where people voice opinions.. 

• This thread is getting very messy, iv'e said some stuff above whilst very angry and that's never good when read back.  i apologise for any upset i've caused with my posts.

However, as I said above i've tried Forza 7 on Xbox One X and now cant go back to GT.  On Forza the feel from the wheel is amazing and car control is so much easier with traction off, I cant tell you the difference its night and day.  To the anyone returning their Fanatec wheels just because of GT, remember thats only one game.  You WILL regret returning it.........

I have now come to terms with the fact that the wheel may never be implemented in GT but if it does, cracking ill play again.   For now the Forza experience is pissing all over GT
  • I am really thinking for a refund. The only game i will play the next year is GT Sport. The feeling of the wheel in GT is just unacceptebale for me. My good old T500 did the job much better. I wanted to raise up for the next level but for me its just one step back. I think the officiall licesend ps4 wheel isnt the best choice for ps4 gamers. (this sounds weird... sad) Yes, the quality, the materials... this thing is a nice piece of hardware. But without the needed support on the software site its simply useless for me.
  • I have an issue as well here, the wheel discalibrates every time I race.

I'm using a CSL Elite PS4 and V3 pedals, playing GT sport updated latest firmware.

When it works, it works good. That said, it only works like 50 percent of the race, then I have to press the tool button and recalibrate again. This works in offline racing but online, I'm having a huge disadvantage. I feel like I'm holding up a long time now since I got this wheel but I'm not sure if it's better than my T500RS wheel... Can someone give me any advice?

the problem is that the center of the wheel becomes something totally different, like more to the left or right.
  • I have an issue as well here, the wheel discalibrates every time I race.

I'm using a CSL Elite PS4 and V3 pedals, playing GT sport updated latest firmware.

When it works, it works good. That said, it only works like 50 percent of the race, then I have to press the tool button and recalibrate again. This works in offline racing but online, I'm having a huge disadvantage. I feel like I'm holding up a long time now since I got this wheel but I'm not sure if it's better than my T500RS wheel... Can someone give me any advice?

the problem is that the center of the wheel becomes something totally different, like more to the left or right.
    Hey Andre, i have the same issue, the wheel loses its center position while driving. I contacted the support. Fanatec asked me if I want to change the codewheel sensor. I first did that on my own, but that did not help in my case. So I sent it to fanatec, my wheelbase is in repair right now.

What are you thinking between the T500 and the CSL compared in GT Sport, for me it was a step back right now (with no native support).

• it's a shame what shitstorm you're loosing here! clear up your problems with the wheel (I have none, I'm just getting faster and faster) among you from Fanatec! Solutions or serious questions is ok, but what I read here annoys !! unfortunately
    Gordon, each to their own. Mileages, experiences and expectations vary.

Here's my experience, if it helps a first time visitor to these pages to make an informed decision then it was worth typing.

I was previously a G29 and then T300 user before switching to Fanatec about 9 months ago. I didn't get along with the feel of the gear driven G29. The T300 had a good 'feel' but two failures within 12 months and shockingly poor customer service response (weeks to respond) to direct communications was disappointing. Thankfully, the retailer came good and refunded on both occasions.

So that's the background that prompted my move to Fanatec. It was a big step for me to make such a significant investment and I'll confess that in the first month of ownership of my CSL Elite (PS4) I regretted my purchase. My club sport pedals were magnificent. Sturdy, well built, good design, adjustable and remain an absolute pleasure to own and use. Thumbs up Fanatec.

The wheel base, again, sturdy, well built, smooth and powerful with an added layer of tuning adjustments available, right there on the wheel rim! Thumbs up Fanatec.

But - I had so many frustrating evenings trying to get the 'right feel' on Project Cars 1 and Assetto Corsa. Added to which, I nearly lost a tooth filling every time I ventured near a raised kerb in Project Cars and simply couldn't find the right wheel weight for corners, without amplifying the awful kerb clatter.

I'll confess that I gave up and contacted Fanatec Customer Services for a refund (within the return window). I received a response within 2 hours and all the support I could ask for in arranging a return and refund. Thumbs up Fanatec

With the Fanatec gear back in its box and waiting to be collected by the shipping company, I purchased another T300 and set it up - WHAT THE....... the FFB felt horrible, notchy and 'dull'. It wasn't, of course, it was still the same capable, functional wheel it had always been - but I had gotten used to the smoother, more alive, more detailed and more powerful feel of the Fanatec wheel. 

I had made a mistake, in my haste and impatience I had given up when I was clearly 80% of the way there with my set up efforts. I asked Fanatec Customer Services if they would reverse my return request. As has become the norm when contacting Fanatec, a favourable response came back within 2 hours and I kept my Fanatec gear. Thumbs up Fanatec.

A few weeks later, I had the wheel set up almost perfectly. I say almost, because I had to dial down the force a little lower than I liked, so that the kerb force was manageable for me.

Fanatec technicians came to the rescue though. They released a beta firmware update that gave users the option to turn the kerb forces down without impacting on wheel weight. Thumbs up Fanatec.

However, me and my Fanatec continue to have a love, hate relationship, not unlike owning a classic performance car - when the car is in tune there is no greater pleasure than hitting the open road and enjoying the thrill of driving. When the carburettors are out of balance, it's a pain to start, cuts out at junctions and won't hit peak revs and becomes somewhat less pleasant to drive.

So is the story with my Fanatec

Project Cars 1 works very nicely on my wheel, thanks to great patience and an excellent Fanatec firmware update.

Assetto Corsa also very works nicely on my wheel, again thanks to great patience and an excellent game developer firmware update (not that long ago, the game did not save my wheel profile on shutdown nor allowed me to assign buttons to it. The games developers released an update)

Project Cars 2 hit the stores missfiring like a v12 on 7 cylinders. Full compatibility they said. Supported Fanatec wheel they said. It wouldn't recognise my wheel, the FFB was average (at best) and generally unpleasant and lacked detail - but the important thing to note is that it was not Fanatec who developed or released the game. I knew my wheel was good, so I switched back to PCars 1 and AC whilst SMS got their act together. In the meantime, Fanatec came up with a work around. Switch to Compatibility Mode and crack on. Thumbs up Fanatec.

Then came GT Sport. Full compatibility they said, Again, no wheel recognition and hopeless FFB. But I knew my wheel was good, so I switched back to the other titles and even did a bit in Cars 2 on 'purple mode' while PD get their act together. True to form (unlike PD, who have released 4 patches in 8 weeks without the hit of a fix) Fanatec came up with a work around. Here's a firmware update, select G29 on the GT Sport screen and you're ok to use the wheel, albeit with some features not yet implemented. Thumbs up Fanatec.

So where are we today, after more game patches and many evenings re-tuning FFB settings because of game developers 'tweaking patches'

My CSL Elite is outstanding and a pleasure to use on Project Cars 1 and 2, as with Assetto Corsa too. GT Sport is useable (again providing you are patient and tune to suit) and when PD eventually pull their finger out and patch in full compatibility, I see no reason why my CSL Elite won't be the best option out there for me, on all the titles.

And for those who may be considering a move over to pc in the future, imo, my CSL Elite (PS4) on R3E and rFactor2 on pc is outstanding with staggeringly impressive detail and feedback.

The marketplace is good for us. There are choices for those who want to plug in and forget, right through to those who want the best possible immersive experience they can get. However, in my limited experience, it's just like that classic car - if you want that level of immersive experience you also need to bring along patience, understanding and time.

Finally I have one piece of advice for new owners - I see no point is asking anyone else for their Force Feedback settings. It is a very, very personal thing and one size definitely does not fit all. What one racer will think is great, another will try and think - awful- thats why there are so many adjustment sliders to play with! In conjunction with your Fanatec manual, my advice - read as much as you can about the game developers explanations of their FFB tuning tools and go your own way.

Keep up the good work Fanatec.

Paul, your experience is mine. Need some times to set everything as i prefer and the final result is good.

Nothing is perfect "out-of-the-box" expecially a so personal tasted thing like FFB.

I'm happy with GTS setting (apart from oscillation from the center position when the car is stopped in pitlane)

I'm quite happy with PJC2 setting (just some things to be tryed again)

I'm very, very happy with V3i pedals (now rumble motors working)

Just to have a comparison, can you post your settings for this two sims ? Maybe i can find something better from your experience..

Thanks even if you'll not do that

Luca

• edited December 2017
    Hi Luca, you wrote that the V3 pedal rumble motors are working. Could you please share a few more details here? Which game, wheel mode etc. Because my rumble motor on the throttle is not working.
    Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • This thread is getting very messy, iv'e said some stuff above whilst very angry and that's never good when read back.  i apologise for any upset i've caused with my posts.

However, as I said above i've tried Forza 7 on Xbox One X and now cant go back to GT.  On Forza the feel from the wheel is amazing and car control is so much easier with traction off, I cant tell you the difference its night and day.  To the anyone returning their Fanatec wheels just because of GT, remember thats only one game.  You WILL regret returning it.........

I have now come to terms with the fact that the wheel may never be implemented in GT but if it does, cracking ill play again.   For now the Forza experience is pissing all over GT

i totally agree with you  in all areas   after playing forza on my  xbox wheel and getting what i expected from the  best wheel in the market   then playing   GTS and  playing on  the ps4 mode and get  90% throttle and  almost no ff or play on what i have been told to play on the  compatible mode purple  and get great FF and lose 15% more throttle its frustrating because i  didnt have alot to start and  i over spent to begin with and i   got charged 3 times for this gear  first from  fanatec then  from the states  curencey exchange  the when it was delivered  by the time i got  the ps4 wheel bundle csl  Xbox wheel  the load cell break and the static shifter which i find out i cant use with what i ordered ( they could a said hey  your paddles dont come off) my total was 1,125 from fanatec then  380 from the states  another 187.52 a total for was 1,692 for something i  had researched and  researched  to make sure it would work with ps4  GTS only to find out  after all that it did not so i was  aguably upset

• Dear Thomas,
    don't you think it's time for a statement here? I'm sure we do not need to remind you on your promisses beeing made in the past. I'm pretty sure you are totally aware of them. So let me please ask you again and many thanks in advance for your highly appreciated reply.
    1. Do you expect that your wheel will be fully supported by PD and SMS?
    2. If so what do you think when it will happen finally?
    3. How about sharing the state of play in terms of your discussion with PD and SMS with your customers which are actually 'somehow involved in' your sallary?
    Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • joe  muisejoe muise Member
    edited December 2017
    just bought forza 7..  GTS can pound sand !!   if  it ever does a patch to  make my wheel  usable as it should be. awesome ill play  if not  sa'la'vie  but i know  forza  will and does  work with my wheel ... saddest part is i bought this  because i am a PlayStation guy  since the first one ..   so much money  on a wheel... an investment cant collect dust so XBOX here i am i know the Xbox  is fully functional with the wheel  hell they even have  clutch  adjustments or at the least  recognition..   PS4 has nothing  for a wheel its barley compatible... and its meant for the PlayStation .. sad it wont get much time on what  it was made for and yes i to agree  we should be kept in the loop... Thomas even when we know  it is  negitive  ... your lack of  response to this thread  shows there is no good news in the near future otherwise you would be interactive  with the thread telling  your customers  the ones that have  made you wealthy !!! whats going on  with  your product  they/we  bought from you with the promise of  it working like it should.. just saying
  • Hi Luca, you wrote that the V3 pedal rumble motors are working. Could you please share a few more details here? Which game, wheel mode etc. Because my rumble motor on the throttle is not working.
    Cheers,
    Thorsten
    PJC2 in PS4 mode.
  • joe muise said:
    just bought forza 7  GTS can pound sand   !! if  it ever does a patach to  make room for  my  wheel awesome ill play  if not  sa'la'vie  but i know  forza  will and does  work with my wheel ... sadest part is i bought this  because i am a P.S guy  since the first one but  so much money  on a wheel investment cant collect dust so XBOX here i am i know the Xbox  is fully functional with the wheel  hell they even have  clutch  adjustments or at the least  recognition   PS4 nothin  for a wheel thats ment for the playstation   sad it wont get much time on what  it was made for and yes i to agree  we should be kept in the loop thomas even when we know  it is  neg  ... your lack of  response to this thread  shows there is no good news in the near future otherwise you would be interactive  with the thread telling  your customers  the ones that have  made you wealthy  what what going on  with  your product they/we bought from you with the promise of  it working like it should.. just saying
    This is unreadable. lol.
  • joe muise said:
    just bought forza 7..  GTS can pound sand !!   if  it ever does a patch to  make my wheel  usable as it should be. awesome ill play  if not  sa'la'vie  but i know  forza  will and does  work with my wheel ... saddest part is i bought this  because i am a PlayStation guy  since the first one ..   so much money  on a wheel... an investment cant collect dust so XBOX here i am i know the Xbox  is fully functional with the wheel  hell they even have  clutch  adjustments or at the least  recognition..   PS4 has nothing  for a wheel its barley compatible... and its meant for the PlayStation .. sad it wont get much time on what  it was made for and yes i to agree  we should be kept in the loop... Thomas even when we know  it is  negitive  ... your lack of  response to this thread  shows there is no good news in the near future otherwise you would be interactive  with the thread telling  your customers  the ones that have  made you wealthy !!! whats going on  with  your product  they/we  bought from you with the promise of  it working like it should.. just saying

this better andrew ? lol

• I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this on GT Sport but at times my fanatec CSL Elite (ps4) goes off center. Like 90 degrees to the side in the middle of an FIA Nations race or anything. Is it the settings on my wheel that's messed up or is it just the fact that there is no fanatec compatibility on GT Sport other than purple mode. Sorry just very frustrated at my wheel as I've tried to adapt to it going off center every day. It's frustrating and I'm afraid to even do endurance races and very competitive races. Because if that continues to happen as much as I think fanatec makes beautiful products, it's just not worth it and I might as well pull my Logitech G29 back out so I don't have to worry about my wheel going off center. If there is perhaps a way around this that would be nice. Happy New Years everyone hopefully 2018 brings Fanatec support on GT Sport as we all have been waiting long enough. I'm aware that's most likely a PD thing to get in the game. And I know fanatec is doing everything they can. The wait sucks. Jordan
  • I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this on GT Sport but at times my fanatec CSL Elite (ps4) goes off center. Like 90 degrees to the side in the middle of an FIA Nations race or anything. Is it the settings on my wheel that's messed up or is it just the fact that there is no fanatec compatibility on GT Sport other than purple mode. Sorry just very frustrated at my wheel as I've tried to adapt to it going off center every day. It's frustrating and I'm afraid to even do endurance races and very competitive races. Because if that continues to happen as much as I think fanatec makes beautiful products, it's just not worth it and I might as well pull my Logitech G29 back out so I don't have to worry about my wheel going off center. If there is perhaps a way around this that would be nice. Happy New Years everyone hopefully 2018 brings Fanatec support on GT Sport as we all have been waiting long enough. I'm aware that's most likely a PD thing to get in the game. And I know fanatec is doing everything they can. The wait sucks. Jordan

Never happened to me, GTS in purple has been stable the last few weeks.. Best wishes for 2018.. 

• edited December 2017
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this on GT Sport but at times my fanatec CSL Elite (ps4) goes off center. Like 90 degrees to the side in the middle of an FIA Nations race or anything. Is it the settings on my wheel that's messed up or is it just the fact that there is no fanatec compatibility on GT Sport other than purple mode. Sorry just very frustrated at my wheel as I've tried to adapt to it going off center every day. It's frustrating and I'm afraid to even do endurance races and very competitive races. Because if that continues to happen as much as I think fanatec makes beautiful products, it's just not worth it and I might as well pull my Logitech G29 back out so I don't have to worry about my wheel going off center. If there is perhaps a way around this that would be nice. Happy New Years everyone hopefully 2018 brings Fanatec support on GT Sport as we all have been waiting long enough. I'm aware that's most likely a PD thing to get in the game. And I know fanatec is doing everything they can. The wait sucks. Jordan

I'm also seeing the csl wheel going off centre all the time!! every single race by the end no matter how short it is. The wheel is off centre. I have no doubt this is due to the fact that the wheel isn't fully compatible with ps4 sport. You can't even select it as a wheel choice in the wheel options. 

This needs to be fixed! I get that thrust master wants to establish itself as the "main" wheel for sport. And that the delay to getting fanatec fully supported on sport in some way is due to this business strategy. I mean lets face it if your ever concerned about why something isn't working properly just follow the money. Look up and see who's trying to do what and the why behind it. 

What ever the issue, it comes down to some pretty stupid fighting between wheel companies for control. Personally I say put them all out at the same time let the players decide who the best is. At this point I would say its fanatec wheels if your looking for the best product. And thrust master if you want to save some money and get decent performance. I have both and thats what I have come to the conclusion on. 

(I'm keeping this argument short as it really doesn't matter who the best is. At this point all that matters is letting fanatec have proper support on GTsport so we don't have to play the game in purple mode with a wheel that comes out of alignment every bloody race.) no one can play or race competitively like this! it's just really stupid. 

@JP MENS:

what kind of a BullS*** response is this guy: 

Never happened to me, GTS in purple has been stable the last few weeks.. Best wishes for 2018.. 

Either your planting this reply because someone told you to for reasons beyond stupid or lame by any ethical standard or practice. Or your not playing from the same location with the same issues! in both cases this makes your reply unwanted. Your not helping with a problem that exists. Please keep your responses to yourself as they don't apply here and aren't helping anyone solve the issues with the csl wheel on GTsport in north America. 

FTR JP man: we should NOT have to be playing sport in purple mode. the fact that we do, means the wheel is NOT WORKING PROPERLY! Saying it's stable?? wtf does that even mean in relation to the wheel not having proper support like all the other racing wheels. A proper/ stable working csl racing wheel in GTsport should be in the blue mode end of story.

• Interesting, guys. But here's another possibility:
    I'm getting the wheel off center problem with a Thrustmaster T-GT in GT sport. Maybe this glitch is upstream of the controllers?
  • Bryan Ray said:
    Interesting, guys. But here's another possibility:
    I'm getting the wheel off center problem with a Thrustmaster T-GT in GT sport. Maybe this glitch is upstream of the controllers?
    That's off topic lil dude.
  • edited December 2017
    Meanwhile Fanatec is sending free CSL ps4 wheels to GT Sport streamers so they can do live - positive reviews and tune people into buying their non supported product.
     Nice move Fanatec :).
    And to all the above people saying that PD needs time to implement the support, that they have a lot of other issues to repair in the game, well guess you guys don't really care to see that PD already has the Fanatec sdk and can be easily implemented through a patch, that's not the issue at all. Something else is the reason behind the fact that the promise of having it implemented by the end of the year was deleted from the first page.
    Yeah i'm being a bit of a d*ck here but i kinda tend to be when i spent money on unfulfilled promises and get the silent treatment from Fanatec.
    Would gladly have someone come forward and say "hey sorry guys but it seems that the wheel is not going to be implemented in the next few months, or ever" than feeling ignored.

I'm also seeing the csl wheel going off centre all the time!! every single race by the end no matter how short it is. The wheel is off centre. I have no doubt this is due to the fact that the wheel isn't fully compatible with ps4 sport. You can't even select it as a wheel choice in the wheel options. 

This needs to be fixed! I get that thrust master wants to establish itself as the "main" wheel for sport. And that the delay to getting fanatec fully supported on sport in some way is due to this business strategy. I mean lets face it if your ever concerned about why something isn't working properly just follow the money. Look up and see who's trying to do what and the why behind it. 

What ever the issue, it comes down to some pretty stupid fighting between wheel companies for control. Personally I say put them all out at the same time let the players decide who the best is. At this point I would say its fanatec wheels if your looking for the best product. And thrust master if you want to save some money and get decent performance. I have both and thats what I have come to the conclusion on. 

(I'm keeping this argument short as it really doesn't matter who the best is. At this point all that matters is letting fanatec have proper support on GTsport so we don't have to play the game in purple mode with a wheel that comes out of alignment every bloody race.) no one can play or race competitively like this! it's just really stupid. 

@JP MENS:

what kind of a BullS*** response is this guy: 

Either your planting this reply because someone told you to for reasons beyond stupid or lame by any ethical standard or practice. Or your not playing from the same location with the same issues! in both cases this makes your reply unwanted. Your not helping with a problem that exists. Please keep your responses to yourself as they don't apply here and aren't helping anyone solve the issues with the csl wheel on GTsport in north America. 

FTR JP man: we should NOT have to be playing sport in purple mode. the fact that we do, means the wheel is NOT WORKING PROPERLY! Saying it's stable?? wtf does that even mean in relation to the wheel not having proper support like all the other racing wheels. A proper/ stable working csl racing wheel in GTsport should be in the blue mode end of story.

Keep your socks one Richard Deering.. I’m just sharing my experience with the GTS/CSL combo as are you, there is no reason to get so wound up about it.. I don’t give a monkeys ass if you believe me or not, the purple mode in GTS has been stabile for me the last few weeks.. I’m sorry for you if it’s not, but wild en unfounded accusations will not help at all..  

• Ive never had the off center problem and it was always stable. I even found a good setting now that helped me getting into GTS again. Only a bit of shaking during the start and thats it. So no need to send my wheel back. Besides its incredible with iRacing :smile:
  • Bryan Ray said:
    Interesting, guys. But here's another possibility:
    That's off topic lil dude.

No it’s one topic, Bryan states that ‘his’ Thrustmaster has the ‘off center problem’ as well (always/sometimes ??).. So maybe, just maybe it’s a GTS problem and not a Fanatec problem.. Never forget Fanatec is a (very) small player in the market or do you think that for instance a Bodnar /Accuforce DD wheel would be recognised in a PS4 game?? 

• edited December 2017
    Dear Thomas, you wrote:

- GT Sport has been released and it works great with the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel.
    - There is no need to update the product page as our wheel will be fully compatible with GT Sports. No reason to panic.

Have you ever tried GT Sport in this so called "purple" compatibility mode? How do you like this wheel oscillation...? I know the reason behind it is because of a recent patch from PD. But you mentioned you are in direct contact with Kazunori himself. So what is the big deal here that this issue obviously can not be solved???

Please ask the PD crew to fix at least this oscillation problem with the next patch.This is really annoying!

And of course I've tried various settings already. But I don't want to reduce the in-game settings for FFB intensity and sensitivity in order to minimize the oscillation. This is not even an acceptable workaround.
    This oscillation is simply a bug that should be fixed please. Many thanks.
    Cheers,
    Thorsten
  •  
    JP Mens said:

Keep your socks one Richard Deering.. I’m just sharing my experience with the GTS/CSL combo as are you, there is no reason to get so wound up about it.. I don’t give a monkeys ass if you believe me or not, the purple mode in GTS has been stabile for me the last few weeks.. I’m sorry for you if it’s not, but wild en unfounded accusations will not help at all..  

JP, could you please share your ingame and wheel settings?
    Ive never had the off center problem and it was always stable. I even found a good setting now that helped me getting into GTS again. Only a bit of shaking during the start and thats it. So no need to send my wheel back. Besides its incredible with iRacing :smile:
    And Andreas, could you share yours as well, please?

I would much appreciate it as I don't even play GTS, since it doesn't work with the blue mode, but maybe with good setting I could give it a shot in purple.
  • @Lukas; Try  purple mode, in game FFTorque 4, FF Sens 1. Wheel Sen 580, ABS 100, ff 100, sho 30, for 100 all other weel settings off. It works for me..
  • Fei 10-30 just try
  • JP Mens said:
    @Lukas; Try  purple mode, in game FFTorque 4, FF Sens 1. Wheel Sen 580, ABS 100, ff 100, sho 30, for 100 all other weel settings off. It works for me..
    But this setting will not eliminate the oscillation, right?