Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• JP Mens said:
    @Lukas; Try  purple mode, in game FFTorque 4, FF Sens 1. Wheel Sen 580, ABS 100, ff 100, sho 30, for 100 all other weel settings off. It works for me..
    But this setting will not eliminate the oscillation, right?

I only experience oscillation during the autodrive period just before the start of a online game.. Holding the wheel loosely is enough, the moment the race starts the oscillation is gone.. 

• As long as I do not move the wheel in any direction the oscillation starts immediately also during a race not only before the start of the race.
  • As long as I do not move the wheel in any direction the oscillation starts immediately also during a race not only before the start of the race.

Sounds a lot worse, have you tried my settings?? I think Dri -5 was the problem with GTS.. Do you have problems with other games and on the PC??

• Meanwhile Fanatec is sending free CSL ps4 wheels to GT Sport streamers so they can do live - positive reviews and tune people into buying their non supported product.
     Nice move Fanatec :).
    And to all the above people saying that PD needs time to implement the support, that they have a lot of other issues to repair in the game, well guess you guys don't really care to see that PD already has the Fanatec sdk and can be easily implemented through a patch, that's not the issue at all. Something else is the reason behind the fact that the promise of having it implemented by the end of the year was deleted from the first page.
    Yeah i'm being a bit of a d*ck here but i kinda tend to be when i spent money on unfulfilled promises and get the silent treatment from Fanatec.
    Would gladly have someone come forward and say "hey sorry guys but it seems that the wheel is not going to be implemented in the next few months, or ever" than feeling ignored.
    i agree yet again...   all you see online is   these guys  getting  free gear and saying the only problem is  its a little noisy and  the  looseness of the wheel..  moving it up and down.  no one tells the truth i think it is time to not only show the truth ! but to tell it as well !! thomas  has left this forum due to  not wanting to deal with  the  monster he created ..... so maybe its time to take it to the public  ..??? i dont want to  and i dont want to  **** on fanatec  because they are the best it took me years to save up  but i bought these products on  a lie i am glad i bought the   Xbox wheel or i would be  a total hate monger right now  but i  am having fun with forza 7.. just off topic  have you noticed how much fanatec and  forza logo look alike ? 
  • joe muise said:
    Meanwhile Fanatec is sending free CSL ps4 wheels to GT Sport streamers so they can do live - positive reviews and tune people into buying their non supported product.
     Nice move Fanatec :).
    And to all the above people saying that PD needs time to implement the support, that they have a lot of other issues to repair in the game, well guess you guys don't really care to see that PD already has the Fanatec sdk and can be easily implemented through a patch, that's not the issue at all. Something else is the reason behind the fact that the promise of having it implemented by the end of the year was deleted from the first page.
    Yeah i'm being a bit of a d*ck here but i kinda tend to be when i spent money on unfulfilled promises and get the silent treatment from Fanatec.
    Would gladly have someone come forward and say "hey sorry guys but it seems that the wheel is not going to be implemented in the next few months, or ever" than feeling ignored.
    i agree yet again...   all you see online is   these guys  getting  free gear and saying the only problem is  its a little noisy and  the  looseness of the wheel..  moving it up and down.  no one tells the truth i think it is time to not only show the truth ! but to tell it as well !! thomas  has left this forum due to  not wanting to deal with  the  monster he created ..... so maybe its time to take it to the public  ..??? i dont want to  and i dont want to  **** on fanatec  because they are the best it took me years to save up  but i bought these products on  a lie i am glad i bought the   Xbox wheel or i would be  a total hate monger right now  but i  am having fun with forza 7.. just off topic  have you noticed how much fanatec and  forza logo look alike ? 
    Thomas  i am not a terrible guy..  i will not  go online  with a video  and  comments concerning the  truth as everyone has experienced it in this ..  forum so i will wait 2 days  for you to  step up and  take responsibility and  explain  what was happening  .. what has happened ... and  finnaly what is going to happen ??? i think this is  fair as we have waited and waited so   PLEASE  ANSWER THOSE THREE QUESTIONS ............
  • Afbeeldingsresultaat voor laughing out loud emoticon
    joe muise said:
     i will not  go online  with a video  and  comments concerning the  truth as everyone has experienced it in this ..  forum so i will wait 2 days  for you to  step up and  take responsibility and  explain  what was happening  .
  • edited December 2017
    JP Mens said:
    As long as I do not move the wheel in any direction the oscillation starts immediately also during a race not only before the start of the race.

Sounds a lot worse, have you tried my settings?? I think Dri -5 was the problem with GTS.. Do you have problems with other games and on the PC??

No, this oscillation issue is a 'GT Sport only feature'. And with your settings it's even worse compared to my setup (I'm using DRI -5 instead of OFF). But anyway many thanks for sharing yours!

And I made another test using my Clubsport Base V2 together with the Cronusmax instead of the CSL Elite Base. Because this is a G29 emulation as well I have this oscillation issue with this setup also (as expected). Seems that Polyphony Digital implemented a nice Fanatec feature here... I really hope they will provide us with an patch soon.
  • JP Mens said:
    As long as I do not move the wheel in any direction the oscillation starts immediately also during a race not only before the start of the race.

No, this oscillation issue is a 'GT Sport only feature'. And with your settings it's even worse compared to my setup (I'm using DRI -5 instead of OFF). But anyway many thanks for sharing yours!

And I made another test using my Clubsport Base V2 together with the Cronusmax instead of the CSL Elite Base. Because this is a G29 emulation as well I have this oscillation issue with this setup also (as expected). Seems that Polyphony Digital implemented a nice Fanatec feature here... I really hope they will provide us with an patch soon.

Strange though how experiences can differ when using the same software/hardware combo.. From unplayable to satisfactory to good.. I’ve playing/racing with fanatic gear sins 2011, mainly PC, later Xbox 360 and now PS4 pro.. PS4 is the only platform that has given me problems..

• There has always been a steering wobble issue in every release of GT over the years. I remember doing the 24 hour endurance races round Le Mans and Nürburgring, it was like holding on to a Jack hammer on the long straights for 3x8 hour sessions. Either suck it up, or stop playing until the wheel is fully supported.
  • edited January 2018
    Holding a jack-hammet describes it perfectly. It can be minimized (DRI and FOR are the two major parameter here).But I really would like to see it's beeing eliminated with an upcomming patch.
  • edited January 2018
    JP Mens said:
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this on GT Sport but at times my fanatec CSL Elite (ps4) goes off center. Like 90 degrees to the side in the middle of an FIA Nations race or anything. Is it the settings on my wheel that's messed up or is it just the fact that there is no fanatec compatibility on GT Sport other than purple mode. Sorry just very frustrated at my wheel as I've tried to adapt to it going off center every day. It's frustrating and I'm afraid to even do endurance races and very competitive races. Because if that continues to happen as much as I think fanatec makes beautiful products, it's just not worth it and I might as well pull my Logitech G29 back out so I don't have to worry about my wheel going off center. If there is perhaps a way around this that would be nice. Happy New Years everyone hopefully 2018 brings Fanatec support on GT Sport as we all have been waiting long enough. I'm aware that's most likely a PD thing to get in the game. And I know fanatec is doing everything they can. The wait sucks. Jordan

I'm also seeing the csl wheel going off centre all the time!! every single race by the end no matter how short it is. The wheel is off centre. I have no doubt this is due to the fact that the wheel isn't fully compatible with ps4 sport. You can't even select it as a wheel choice in the wheel options. 

This needs to be fixed! I get that thrust master wants to establish itself as the "main" wheel for sport. And that the delay to getting fanatec fully supported on sport in some way is due to this business strategy. I mean lets face it if your ever concerned about why something isn't working properly just follow the money. Look up and see who's trying to do what and the why behind it. 

What ever the issue, it comes down to some pretty stupid fighting between wheel companies for control. Personally I say put them all out at the same time let the players decide who the best is. At this point I would say its fanatec wheels if your looking for the best product. And thrust master if you want to save some money and get decent performance. I have both and thats what I have come to the conclusion on. 

(I'm keeping this argument short as it really doesn't matter who the best is. At this point all that matters is letting fanatec have proper support on GTsport so we don't have to play the game in purple mode with a wheel that comes out of alignment every bloody race.) no one can play or race competitively like this! it's just really stupid. 

@JP MENS:

what kind of a BullS*** response is this guy: 

Never happened to me, GTS in purple has been stable the last few weeks.. Best wishes for 2018.. 

Either your planting this reply because someone told you to for reasons beyond stupid or lame by any ethical standard or practice. Or your not playing from the same location with the same issues! in both cases this makes your reply unwanted. Your not helping with a problem that exists. Please keep your responses to yourself as they don't apply here and aren't helping anyone solve the issues with the csl wheel on GTsport in north America. 

FTR JP man: we should NOT have to be playing sport in purple mode. the fact that we do, means the wheel is NOT WORKING PROPERLY! Saying it's stable?? wtf does that even mean in relation to the wheel not having proper support like all the other racing wheels. A proper/ stable working csl racing wheel in GTsport should be in the blue mode end of story.

Keep your socks one Richard Deering.. I’m just sharing my experience with the GTS/CSL combo as are you, there is no reason to get so wound up about it.. I don’t give a monkeys ass if you believe me or not, the purple mode in GTS has been stabile for me the last few weeks.. I’m sorry for you if it’s not, but wild en unfounded accusations will not help at all..  

You shared a vague opinion that offered no insight or help to the problem. You said as little as possible! I'm mean, why even post anything if all you wanted to say was something that essentially can be summed up as:  "worked for me, Hey see ya all later". 

There are alot of pissed off customers that need some direction and answers not useless replies that deflect the issues. 

The csl clubsport wheel for GTsport goes off centre!! constantly on all tracks some worse then others but make no mistake its is happening. For the amount of money it costs to by this rig a problem this huge shouldn't exist or there should be some direction being taken to fix it. You can't race long races at all as it gets so bad your literally driving sideways trying to go straight. This is a serious issue and it needs some thought fun insight into how it can be fixed or what's steps are being taken to make it work. 

• edited January 2018
    First of all a happy new year to all of you! And most important, stay healthy.

I never experienced that my wheel goes off centre. The only issue I have is this annoying oscillation and of course the missing CSL Elite in the GT Sport Controller Setup menue. But from my point of view the off centre problem seems not to be a general one.
  • Happy new year to you as well Thorsten, I hope that when your wheel is working we can race sometime.

• got a refund from Sony for gt sport. can we have an update on wen at all this wheel will have full support. I do think have xbox or pc the wheel is a ps4 wheel first. if I want to play xbox or pc I would have bout csl 2.5.
  • I like the colours Richard, cheers things up a bit.. Next time you might use pink or orange because green is not so easy to read on black.. If you would have read some more pages off this tread then you would have seen that I and many others have shared ideas and settings to see if they improved the feeling of the CSL wheel.. In some cases it worked, mine for instance, and in other cases it didn’t..  What annoys me is the tone of the conversation of some participants.. From conspiracy theories and insults to threats.. Come on, we are not talking about a worldwide fraud with defect AED’s that costs dozens of lives.. There’s a combination of 3 companies Sony/PD/Fanatec that can’t get their act together.. Fanatec being by far the smallest and it has to hope that Sony/PD gives the CSL problems enough priority to solve them asap..  

I’m not saying that what you are expiring is not thru, absolutely not before the patches I was cursing the wheel as well.. Don’t forget that for every CSL there is maybe a 1000 Thrustmaster/Logitec wheels and I don’t think Sony/PD is going to lose a lot of sleep over a few dozen angry CSL users..

But anyway, all the best for 2018 and I sincerely hope that one day you can enjoy the wheel in GTS as I do.. 

• guess I'm making a vid with   it  focusing on the  wheel and  what id  does and what it doesn't do.  but it won't be  ohh look I have a fanatic  its the best.... it will be the truth.... see I bought it  with the  promise of it being licensed for the ps4  but if you use it on the ps4 mode you loose your   throttle you get ZERO FORCE FEEDBACK and the only way   you get force feedback is to put it in  compatible mode  now you got ff but  less throttle  2 months  busting my ass on  gt sport to win 1 race only to notice the throttle is less then 75% so no matter how good I race I was never going to win ...yaa hahaha **** funny   poor fella cant  win!!!!!!!!! well this poor **** fella  is a  disabled  fella!!!!    I saved for 3 years  for  a good  sim wheel i found one..   it was expensive but  seemed worth the investment and  was advertised  both  by fanatic and  all their  utubers as the only triple threat heel  that  is licensed for the ps4 BLUE LIGHT   and  if useing a  xbox wheel  it would  switch to xbox  GREEN LIGHT  and it has a pc mode  I would have been happier if I hadent  been  charged not  once  but 3 times . once for  fanatic then for  currency exchange and then again at customs  so my total for  1530 set up was 2200 dollars   and then to get it home  to plug it in do the updates  .... then connect it to my PS4  to find  it does not work  and to come here hoping to get  an answer  only to be ignored or made fun of  ....  so  lets see what happens when this  **** fella  goes online  ..I have all the  conversation  saved  since I have been online here I am so tired of  not  getting answers or  help  but instead ignored or laughed at  so maybe I should post my story 
  • For the record my CSL works on compatibility mode in GT Sport only thing lacking is the gear display and the vibration in the V3 pedals, as far as i am concerned it is a PD issue not a Fanatec one, games developers don't have to make their games compatible with any or all peripherals ( just look at PSVR) PD have said they would make the Fanatec fully compatible maybe any one with issues regarding the CSL not working in GT should direct their rage at Polyphony Digital.. just sayin

• Oh Tim, not again an advice. It's all about the communication between Fanatec and the customers. Thomas mentioned that he is in direct contact with Kazunori himself. So assuming they found a common language or a translator why there is no further info regarding the progress since quite some time now...?
  • Oh Tim, not again an advice. It's all about the communication between Fanatec and the customers. Thomas mentioned that he is in direct contact with Kazunori himself. So assuming they found a common language or a translator why there is no further info regarding the progress since quite some time now...?
    Prey tell what advice am i supposed to give? Thomas has said PD will sort it, this is obviously what he has been told what more can he do? He has given us a workaround that does work until PD get their act together, something that he shouldn't have needed to do but has. My wheel no longer oscillates because i spent time playing with the settings so that it doesn't as for me sharing these, not a problem, but like has been said previously FFB settings are a very personal thing and one suit does not fit all...

• JP Mens said:

I like the colours Richard, cheers things up a bit.. Next time you might use pink or orange because green is not so easy to read on black.. If you would have read some more pages off this tread then you would have seen that I and many others have shared ideas and settings to see if they improved the feeling of the CSL wheel.. In some cases it worked, mine for instance, and in other cases it didn’t..  What annoys me is the tone of the conversation of some participants.. From conspiracy theories and insults to threats.. Come on, we are not talking about a worldwide fraud with defect AED’s that costs dozens of lives.. There’s a combination of 3 companies Sony/PD/Fanatec that can’t get their act together.. Fanatec being by far the smallest and it has to hope that Sony/PD gives the CSL problems enough priority to solve them asap..  

I’m not saying that what you are expiring is not thru, absolutely not before the patches I was cursing the wheel as well.. Don’t forget that for every CSL there is maybe a 1000 Thrustmaster/Logitec wheels and I don’t think Sony/PD is going to lose a lot of sleep over a few dozen angry CSL users..

But anyway, all the best for 2018 and I sincerely hope that one day you can enjoy the wheel in GTS as I do.. 

There were never any threats given because of the CSL wheel failure. Just alot of frustration and anger towards some false advertising. Conspiracy theories will always arise out of failure to produce based on promises made. You don't have to know all the facts to get the feeling that someone has dropped the ball. I hope it isn't fanatec I hope the fault does lie with PD. It doesn't really matter who's more at fault the bottom line is the csl wheel doesn't work in the mode it was designed to work in for a game it was said it would work with. 

The CSL wheel should work in blue mode on ps4. If it doesn't, then we should be informed that it doesn't and that steps are being taken to make this right. Some where between fanatec / sony and PD there has been a lack of effort or intent to resolve the CSL wheel issues on GTsport. I don't think what's being asked is particularly hard to do either. So the reason why it's not being done is the questions that are driving my anger and discontent. 

Trying to tune the wheel in purple / compatibility mode to make it "work better" is pointless and not the issue. TBH I don't want it to work a little better in a mode designed for backup should the REAL mode (blue mode) not work. You don't try to fix plan B(purple mode) you revise Plan A (blue mode) and make it work the way it was suppose to in the first place. 

This is a very fixable problem not some unrealistic request we the users of racing wheels are asking for. The "tone" being used is necessary. It seems that when you act too nice and sweet no one gives a S*** what you are talking about. It's only when you get up in their face and push the issues that things seems to move forward somewhat. regardless if this is a Fanatec issue or PD issue. Fanatec needs to get up in PD's face about it and gets some answers/ resolutions to the problem.  

This issue needs to be addressed. the CSL wheel for ps4 GTsport needs FULL compatibility. Proper support. As of this email/post IT DOES NOT.

side note: I tried to do an online race at panorama. It was 3 laps  3 LAPS!!  by lap 1.5 my wheel was off centre by 90 degree! You cannot race like that! its ridiculous and impossible to expect someone to have to try and recenter the wheel while driving full tilt. some tracks are less extreme with the wheel losing centre in smaller degrees. But the issues remains the same. The worst places it occurs are on hairpins or tight 90 degree turns. Also and FTR three is no pedal vibration effects for braking or acceleration. 
    TBC: I am running the CSL wheel for ps4 with V3 pedals. I live in canada so it's the north american version. 

What I would like to have happen yesterday? someone make the wheel work properly with GTsport!! 

what I would be willing to support and be patient about. Someone telling me that there are plans to fix these issues and that more time is needed. 

If I can't get this then maybe i've made the wrong investment. maybe its time to consider returning the wheel and pedals and going for the new thrust master wheel put out to compete with the CSL. I don't want this option I want to like fanatec but your making it really hard with all this crap thats STILL going on. I'm most likely going to post and write about the issues until I hear about something being done. pretty much every time I want to go race and can't. I'm just going to post and comment instead. 

Please fix your wheel fanatec please!! 

• Leo WongLeo Wong Member
    edited January 2018

I think that PD gave Thomas the idée that it would be an easy problem to solve and he communicated that to the community/CSL users.. Naïf maybe, but not dishonest.. I’m the owner of a small company and besides the taxman no one tells me what to do, but sometimes thinking/knowing that your right is not enough.. Optics/perception count and reputation is much easier lost than gained.. Do a recall for the unhappy CSL users, how many are there 20/50/100?? I think that will be cheaper in the long run.. Or at least come clean, tell them/us how hard you are fighting and explaine that the timeline is not in your hands.. I think most Fanatec users will stay loyal, thrust the company and wait..

• For the record my CSL works on compatibility mode in GT Sport only thing lacking is the gear display and the vibration in the V3 pedals, as far as i am concerned it is a PD issue not a Fanatec one, games developers don't have to make their games compatible with any or all peripherals ( just look at PSVR) PD have said they would make the Fanatec fully compatible maybe any one with issues regarding the CSL not working in GT should direct their rage at Polyphony Digital.. just sayin

If PD is the culprit in all of this. It's going to be hard to talk to them about it. I've tried reaching them before but everything is in Japanese. Unfortunately I don't speak Japanese so it makes it really hard to communicate with them. 
  • Richard Deering, it sounds like you have a problem with your wheel, re the losing centre, now i have never had a fanatec wheelbase apart so this is supposition, maybe you have a loose encoder or a loose belt or pulley, **** happens, your pedals don't vibrate because in GT the csl is emulating a logitech G29 which doesn't have any vibration feature, the last issue is down to Polyphony Digital not currently supporting the wheel, 

have you these problems in any other game?

• JP Mens said:

I think that PD gave Thomas the idée that it would be an easy problem to solve and he communicated that to the community/CSL users.. Naïf maybe, but not dishonest.. I’m the owner of a small company and besides the taxman no one tells me what to do, but sometimes thinking/knowing that your right is not enough.. Optics/perception count and reputation is much easier lost than gained.. Do a recall for the unhappy CSL users, how many are there 20/50/100?? I think that will be cheaper in the long run.. Or at least come clean, tell them/us how hard you are fighting and explaine that the timeline is not in your hands.. I think most Fanatec users will stay loyal, thrust the company and wait..

If the goal of any company is to grow and become successful. Then recalling their products to solve the problem(s) would be a huge step backwards. This isn't really about the issues pending it's the principle of the matter. How would it look for fanatec if they have to try and explain to new potential customers that they made a product but couldn't get it to work properly on a major gaming platform for a major title (GTsport). I know for a fact that I wouldn't buy from a company with a unresolved issue like this. not a chance! I'm pretty sure other would see it the same way as well. 
    It's dishonest to suggest a product will do something that you aren't first 100% sure it can do. Being nieve or ignorant to the facts of the matter is not acceptable. I get that they might have believed this problem would work itself out and that the timelines for when something is ready for sale and all bugs have been worked out can't always align. But thats where diplomacy and transparency should come into play. It feels like everyone is waiting for everyone else to fix the issue. I'm hoping that steps are being taken as we speak. It would nice to know that they were. I don't want to see fanatec suffer from all of this. 
  • Leo WongLeo Wong Member
    edited January 2018

I wrought my comment before I read yours Richard, but I think it mostly applies.. Living next door to Germany, the base of Fanatec, I just want to state we North Europeans try not to use such an aggressive tone in the debate.. But as Tim suggests maybe there is a mechanical fault with your CSL, send it back for repairs.. This is a almost un moderated Fanatec forum where sometimes even the CEO reacts, I don’t see Sony or PD give this service..

• Richard Deering, it sounds like you have a problem with your wheel, re the losing centre, now i have never had a fanatec wheelbase apart so this is supposition, maybe you have a loose encoder or a loose belt or pulley, **** happens, your pedals don't vibrate because in GT the csl is emulating a logitech G29 which doesn't have any vibration feature, the last issue is down to Polyphony Digital not currently supporting the wheel, 

have you these problems in any other game?

If I have a loose encoder or belt / pulley. It would be very unlucky. I'm meticulous with all my hardware. Like you have said S*** can happen. at this point I hope thats the case at least then it's fixable. I have only used the wheel with GTsport. I haven't played around with any other racing games as this was the one I was waiting for. I would be surprised if something came loose however. The wheel is solid feeling and the issue of going of centre varies from track to track. It's not always the same issue the same way. To me at this point it doesn't feel like a hardware malfunction. 

Ya full compatibility will be needed for the pedals to vibrate i realized that early on when setting it up. :(
  • so you haven't tried it with any other game, so you dont know if it is the wheel or he game that is at fault, yet you come on here saying fanatec needs to fix it ..bu you cant tell them what needs to be fixed because , well because what? you dont know because you havent bothered to find out if the problem persists on other games, because if it doesnt then is it still fanatecs fault?
  • JP Mens said:

I wrought my comment before I read yours Richard, but I think it mostly applies.. Living next door Germany, the base of Fanatec, I just want to state we North Europeans try not to use such an aggressive tone in the debate.. But as Tim suggests maybe there is a mechanical fault with your CSL, send it back for repairs.. This is a almost un moderated Fanatec forum where sometimes even the CEO reacts, I don’t see Sony or PD give this service..

why do you think I bought from fanatec in the first place! I hate monopolies on anything. I would like to see fanatec succeed in the market. especially and specifically with PS. 
  • edited January 2018
    so you haven't tried it with any other game, so you dont know if it is the wheel or he game that is at fault, yet you come on here saying fanatec needs to fix it ..bu you cant tell them what needs to be fixed because , well because what? you dont know because you havent bothered to find out if the problem persists on other games, because if it doesnt then is it still fanatecs fault?
    When I plug in a thrust master wheel and race in GTsport it works.

when I plug in my fanatec wheel into GTsport it doesn't work! 

I have two other friends with the SAME issue! The same wheel setup. 

of course I don't know what needs to be fixed!! if I did i would say hey fanatec this is what's wrong with the wheel please fix it. 

If the wheel DID work on other platforms then the fault must lie with PD. The one it doesn't work on. which imo still resides in the hands of the wheel makers to resolve the issue(s). I was told by fanatec through the sales and advertising that this wheel works for ps4 specifically GTsport. and at this point that is not true! it only partially works.

I shouldn't have to run tests on a wheel to see if it works on other games and what have you when I'm told it is suppose to work on the game I bought it for! 
  • why does the thrustmaster  wheel work? because they paid pd a lot of money to have the gt logo on that pile of poo the T GT,,, your not prepared to help yourself, all you want to do is whine, my suggestion to you is go buy a thrustmaster like the other gt fanboys and when that fails, which from my experience wont be long you will have something else to whine about