Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• My CSL ELITE works better in the native Mode (purple Mode) since Update from 9.1. \:D/
  • edited February 2018
    Hello everybody. Just got home from work and was full of anticipation, because today finally my CSL Elite Bundle was delivered. And yes, I know it's not fully supported yet, but the Purple mode would have been enough for me, because everything is better than a controller. Now I have to read here that it does not even work in Purple mode since today. Is this really the case and can I leave the boxes packed in the corner?
    Can anyone officially confirm this?
  • Now it works - suddenly... strange thing. Dont panic - it working. Sry!
  • Danny, from now on I call you the brave one. Good to see that it was a false alert.
  • edited February 2018

Now it works - suddenly... strange thing. Dont panic - it working. Sry!
    Thanks for the answer  :D
  • So Carsten, time for unboxing.
    Unfortunately, it is not quite that far with unboxing. So far I have only checked if everything was in the boxes.
    My choice for the racing seat fell on the Playseat Challenge (due to space and my wife), which unfortunately only offers one possible mounting position. But these would have been too close to my body.
    So on Thursday I gave the mounting plate to my co-worker to have new holes milled by CNC. Actually, there would have been enough time for that, the planned delivery date was the end of February. And then on Thursday evening I received the message from UPS 3 packages are on their way to me. And since yesterday until next Tuesday, I'm not at work.
    Now
    since I have no suitable table for alternative attachment, I am currently waiting with the next step. In addition, we have 2 small children running around here and I would not know where else I can keep it safe for the time except in the boxes.
    ;)
  • edited February 2018
    Hey Guys, So I have been following this Thread, as I also own a csl ps4 Set. As I mostly bought it for gt Sport , I was quite dissapointed when I found the Info in this Thread. But I have good News: http://www.motorsport-total.com/games/news/fanatec-direct-drive-wheel-betatest-rueckt-naeher-18020903 In this German article you will find Info regarding the new dd wheels......buuuut also the Info that the full Implementation ist finished And the only question left Open is, which Update will Bring it into the game.so seems Like we will all be satisfied in the very near Future...bless bless Bless
    Unfortunately, it is not quite that far with unboxing. So far I have only checked if everything was in the boxes.
    My choice for the racing seat fell on the Playseat Challenge (due to space and my wife), which unfortunately only offers one possible mounting position. But these would have been too close to my body.
    So on Thursday I gave the mounting plate to my co-worker to have new holes milled by CNC. Actually, there would have been enough time for that, the planned delivery date was the end of February. And then on Thursday evening I received the message from UPS 3 packages are on their way to me. And since yesterday until next Tuesday, I'm not at work.
    Now
    since I have no suitable table for alternative attachment, I am currently waiting with the next step. In addition, we have 2 small children running around here and I would not know where else I can keep it safe for the time except in the boxes.
    ;)

Just lengthen the straps Carsten, I’m 185 cm and can put the CSL at arm’s length in the PS Challange.. It’s much more versatile than it looks.. 

• Why is the CSL Elite wheelset still advertised as ps4 Licensed when it clearly is not

If it was I would have bought one!

• Why is the CSL Elite wheelset still advertised as ps4 Licensed when it clearly is not

Well, good news then. You can buy one!
    Because the CSL E RW IS officially licensed for PS4. Without a official PS4 license you would not be able to implement the Sony PS4 security chip inside the wheel base.
    The CSL E RW has this Sony PS4 security chip built into the base because it is fully licensed by Sony.

So, go and spend your money on this wheel and have fun! :)

What gave you that idea?? You can play all currant PS4 race games in either pruple or blue mode.. 

• edited February 2018
    JP Mens said:
    Why is the CSL Elite wheelset still advertised as ps4 Licensed when it clearly is not

What gave you that idea?? You can play all currant PS4 race games in either pruple or blue mode.. 

According to the Fanatec users on GT Planet the latest update 1.12 has removed the purple compatibility ability and until it appears on the controller list on GTS it will not work at all?

• JP Mens said:
    Why is the CSL Elite wheelset still advertised as ps4 Licensed when it clearly is not

According to the Fanatec users on GT Planet the latest update 1.12 has removed the purple compatibility ability and until it appears on the controller list on GTS it will not work at all?

Thats a falso information, purple mode still works. And you cant judge a PS4 license by just GTS. Even if GTS would not work the wheel would be still fully PS4 lincensed.
    You can play GTS in pruple mode just fine and in the very near future it will be playable in blue mode with the wheel appearing in the controller list.
  • edited February 2018
    JP Mens said:
    So Carsten, time for unboxing.
    Now
    ;)

Just lengthen the straps Carsten, I’m 185 cm and can put the CSL at arm’s length in the PS Challange.. It’s much more versatile than it looks..

The straps are currently about 0.5 cm behind the fifth line, so I can sit comfortably and get no back pain (I'm 1.81 m tall). If I then attach the mounting plate with the front 4 holes (with the middle 4 you cover the mounting holes of the wheel base as you know) and extend my arm, my wrist is far in front of the rear area of ​​the mounting plate.
    The difference to the middle of the quick release (measured with the drilling template) was about 5-6cm then. If I add the further structure of the steering wheel I would have ended at a minimum of 10cm difference (after sighting the steering wheel, I can confidently correct this value upwards). And that would not have resulted in a comfortable steering position and I would probably have touched the straps while steering.
    If I now attach the modified mounting plate to the front 4 holes, I can move the wheel base up to a maximum of 4cm forward. When mounting the plate to the middle 4 holes, I can now mount the wheel base but then no longer move it forward or backward. This mounting position would move the wheel base forward by a total of 5.5cm.
    I hope that minimizes the difference so far that I can reach a comfortable steering position.
  • According to the Fanatec users on GT Planet the latest update 1.12 has removed the purple compatibility ability and until it appears on the controller list on GTS it will not work at all?

Thats a falso information, purple mode still works. And you cant judge a PS4 license by just GTS. Even if GTS would not work the wheel would be still fully PS4 lincensed.
    You can play GTS in pruple mode just fine and in the very near future it will be playable in blue mode with the wheel appearing in the controller list.
    Thank you Maurice
  • Hopefully someone can help me on this matter. I am trying to map buttons on the wheel for the MFD but nothing I do seems to work. Is there a tutorial anywhere to show me how to do this for GT Sport? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith.

• Map buttons on GTS is a piece of cake. Just go to G29 options and remap them. I've mapped the MFD to the X, O, square and triangle buttons with ease. Also I've remapped R2, R3, L2 and L3. If you like, you can even map the joystick or shift paddles, everything very easy.
    Only buttons you can't map are the PS, OP and SH buttons, but you can't do it on any other wheel either.

Hope this helps.
    Here a post I did how to map buttons.
    Options -> controllers -> G29
  • Keith WelchKeith Welch Member
    edited February 2018
    I've tried that but nothing works. I'm on the current firmware and I'm in purple mode. I can select the button to map but I cannot assign a new button for it. I'm just trying to find out what I'm doing wrong. Maybe my wheel is inop!

Keith.
  • Did you activate the wheel ones ps4 is on and before starting GTS by long pressing the ps button on your wheel and confirm with the X button also on your wheel?

If so, can you navigate in the ps4 menu as well as in the GTS menu using the joystick and X/O buttons on your wheel, just as you would do it with the ds4?

If so, did you confirm your buttons assignments in the g29 menu by pressing the "Ok" button before leaving the g29 settings menu?
  • I am going to say I "think" I have done the things you mentioned. I can play the game. I am getting good force feedback throughout game play. When you mention if I activated the wheel, I think so.

Is the led above the PS logo button supposed to light up? If so, it does not.

I can navigate the game and menus with the joystick and X/O buttons.

I just can't seem to figure out a way to change the mapping of the buttons.

I guess I'll just wait until the wheel is fully implemented in the game and try it then. I know this should be easy, but I am just not getting it. But thanks for your help.

Keith.
  • JP Mens said:
    So Carsten, time for unboxing.
    Now
    ;)

The straps are currently about 0.5 cm behind the fifth line, so I can sit comfortably and get no back pain (I'm 1.81 m tall). If I then attach the mounting plate with the front 4 holes (with the middle 4 you cover the mounting holes of the wheel base as you know) and extend my arm, my wrist is far in front of the rear area of ​​the mounting plate.
    The difference to the middle of the quick release (measured with the drilling template) was about 5-6cm then. If I add the further structure of the steering wheel I would have ended at a minimum of 10cm difference (after sighting the steering wheel, I can confidently correct this value upwards). And that would not have resulted in a comfortable steering position and I would probably have touched the straps while steering.
    If I now attach the modified mounting plate to the front 4 holes, I can move the wheel base up to a maximum of 4cm forward. When mounting the plate to the middle 4 holes, I can now mount the wheel base but then no longer move it forward or backward. This mounting position would move the wheel base forward by a total of 5.5cm.
    I hope that minimizes the difference so far that I can reach a comfortable steering position.

Sitting position is a very personal thing, I like to stretch arms and legs.. At the last line setting of the PS Challenge  my wrists are at par with the CSL wheel and the knees slightly bend.. You just look over the wheel, sitting is very comfortable, getting up a lot harder J.. I wouldn’t drill anything until you race a few hours..   

of course it is licensed, wouldn't work if it wasn't 

• Tony Iglesias I got it figured out. Thanks for the help.
  • Glad to hear it worked for you :)

• Sorry for asking that again. But regarding the throttle pedal rumble motor on my V3 pedals I have a question. I found some contradictory posts here whether the motor works in GTS or not. Mine is not working. Just the brake pedal rumble works fine. Any advice...? Testing both rumble motors with the driver control panel on my PC works perfectly fine.

Many thanks in advance!
  • Hi Thorsten

really disappointed... from the last GTS patch, my gas rumble motor pedal, doesn't work anymore... and the wheel starts oscillating hard on straigth...

I hate PD !!

• I also get the feeling that the oscillation got worse than better.
  • I have csl elite + v3 pedals. Gas rumble never worked in GT Sport. Brake rumble works if I set some ABS percentage in tuning menu. I guess in purple mode this is normal behaviour.
  • Many thanks for your feedback regarding the rumble motor. So let's hope it will work after the final patch from PD.