Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• .Ran GT sport for the first time today since PDs last update, whenever i raced online the wheel would just disconnect, not just once but every lap, unable to do anything until i re booted it, was fine all night on Pcars 2. GT has now been relegated to the shelf until (not holding my breath) PD get this sorted.
  • .Ran GT sport for the first time today since PDs last update, whenever i raced online the wheel would just disconnect, not just once but every lap, unable to do anything until i re booted it, was fine all night on Pcars 2. GT has now been relegated to the shelf until (not holding my breath) PD get this sorted.

I git the same issue in both games (pcars2, GTsport), diconnected wheel after some seconds!!!!

• I have no connectivity issues. Are you using an USB hub? If so in some cases such a hub can cause disconnects.
  • I also never had any disconnect of the wheel.....not in any game ( I use GTS, Dirt Rally, PC2 and AC )
  • now it works again normal, after reset/flash FW. Strange thing :-)
  • Mine is plugged directly into the ps4, never jad an issue with untill last night, had been playing pcars2 for around 3 hours issue free, switched to GT Sport, jumped into a friends lobby, every lap the wheel would disconect, left the lobby the wheel worked fine in offline races....
  • Good news on the Fanatec blog:

"Full Implementation of the CSL ELite Racing Wheel in GTS (blue mode): I have received an update from Polyphony and got the confirmation that the wheel is already implemented in the code and that they are fine tuning it. Unfortunately I did not get any confirmation when this change will be patched to the game."
  • Hello everybody,

Yesterday I finally had time and rest to unpack my new CSL Elite Racing Wheel and Club Sport V3 pedals. First, the new firmware has been added to the wheel base and the CSP V3. Everything went well.

Wheel: v293 / 335 on display
    CSP V3: v293 / Ver. 1.30 (displayed after update in the Fanatec software window)

Then I connected the Wheelbase and CSP V3 to the RJ12 cable. Then I connected the Wheelbase to the Playstation pro with the USB cable. Playstation started and connected via the Playstation button on the steering wheel. Unfortunately I had to realize that the pedals are not recognized or work in any game.

Games: Dirt Rally, Gran Turismo Sport and (F1 2017 demo), (Project Cars2 demo)

Steering wheel will be detected in F1 2017 and all buttons and steering wheel will work, but the CSP V3 will not respond. Not in blue mode - not in purple mode. The same with the other games.

When I connect the pedals to the PC via USB, the Fanatec software window shows that the throttle, brake and clutch are working properly. I mean, if you press them, the green indicator bars will react.

Does anyone have a solution? I search through internet, Youtube - forums etc.
    but no solution found.

Many thanks in advance!
  • I had the same problem, it was the rj12 to rj12 gable
  • edited February 2018
    Hi, i‘m using the CSL Elite an the V3i. All Works nearly perfect... Maybe its a Special Problem. I‘ve make best Notice from the helpdesk from Fanatec. Competent and helpfull. Use it!
  • Hello Ron,

that makes me hope.

@Gordon
    Yes, Fanatec Support was very friendly and helpful. The support also assumes that it is a defect on the RJ12 cable and send me a new next week.

greetings
    Ralf

p.s Ron, are you possibly the Ron of the Youtube videos? If so, good explanatory videos about Fanatec Equipment. Thanks for that!
  • I have placed an order with Amazon UK for the CSL Elite for ps4 with load cell pedal set and handbrake

Presumably these will be shipped by Fanatec once the pedals are in stock?

I have been advised delivery will be on March 1st

Excited is an understatement! 
  • Hi at all,

On Tuesday came the new RJ12 cable and that was the problem that the pedals were not recognized.
    Now everything is perfect. The pedals react as they should and it is a lot of fun.

Thank you all for your support
    Ralf

p.s
    Tuesday night, Polyphony Digital has performed server maintenance from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm. Update is now available.
    Unfortunately only new vehicles and racetracks.
  • Any idea on how long it usually takes support to respond to an issue? I’ve been waiting for over 30 hours now due to a defective directional stick on my wheel.... Sucks man, spent over a grand and then had to wait 3 weeks for delivery and only got to use it for an hour before the damn thing broke when I slammed into a wall on my game (these things got some serious power compared to my g29 I was using lol) I’m in the USA and not sure how to call them or the time conversion. Any advice would be greatly helpful.
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello TIM MORGAN.
    Are you talking about the CSL Elite wheel for the PS4? Did your small little "joystick" on the left side of the wheel brake?
    If yes.....I had the same and it was only a small issue and a rubber O-ring fixed it. I called FANATEC support on phone during office hour and they have been very helpful.
    You must try to contact them during office hours in german time.
    Good luck
  • Hello TIM MORGAN.
    Are you talking about the CSL Elite wheel for the PS4? Did your small little "joystick" on the left side of the wheel brake?
    If yes.....I had the same and it was only a small issue and a rubber O-ring fixed it. I called FANATEC support on phone during office hour and they have been very helpful.
    You must try to contact them during office hours in german time.
    Good luck

Yeah it’s the joystick on csl p1 wheel, luckily the csl elite for my ps4 works like a champ for everything but GTSport. Hearing others had same issue both relieved and disappoints me as these things are pretty pricey to have these simple issues with quality. I am going to have to figure out difference in time and their hours of operation along with how to make international call I guess. Was really hoping they would have responded to my 2 messages by now as it is close to 48 hours. Thank you for your input Jorg Ziegler
  • Hello Tim, then I know what Problem YOUR p1 rim has. As I said before, it is a rubber O-Ring which needs to be put inside the "joystick" which keeps it inside the mechanics, I got that O-Ring from FANATEC and since that day I put the O-Ring inside the joystick my CSL Elite PS4 Rim works fine without any problems. Just try to get in contact again with FANATEC support, maybe through email then.
    Good luck.
  • Which settings are best in Assetto Corsa  on a PC, the CSLwheel is not listed in the game controller settings.
  • I first purchased the original Play Station purely because of the release of Gran Turismo, and I have been a fan of both ever since even though I enjoy many other titles and gaming on a PC. 

GT Sport fairs quite well with respect to attributes of a simulator (although not the best), yet it is what I would consider, above all other titles, pure Automotive Erotica with its graphics, design, presentation, media generation capabilities etc. As an overall package, GT Sport is a very beautiful and unique experience.

It is thus truly unfortunate, the state of affairs with regards to Polyphony Digital's lack of proper integration of Fanatec's CSL Elite & Club Sport products into GTSport. Being unable to utilize such exceptional equipment with such an exceptional game, is truly an exceptional shame. 

I am currently in the market for racing simulator equipment (electro-mechanical hardware and cockpit) for more than just GT Sport. With regards to electro-mechanical hardware, considering function/form-to-price ratio, utilizing equipment such as the CSL Elite with the Club Sport Pedals V3 and Shifter SQ V1.5 is relatively unmatched (from what I understand). The Thrustmaster T-GT may be excellent with GT Sport (due to its full integration!), yet it comes as quite a pricey package whose equipment neither seems equal to, nor with the same appeal to that of Fanatec's (especially the pedals!). I also understood that the T-GT is not necessarily outstanding with other titles. Thus, in due time I will be purchasing Fanatec's products and suitable cockpit and just want to understand further what to expect with regards to current compatibility/performance/experience of the Fanatec equipment with GT Sport. 

Essentially, I am looking for some relative detail with regards to the latest performance (force feedback quality, accuracy/precision, transmission of vehicular/environmental details, electro-mechanical smoothness, configuration and calibration etc.) of the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 and mentioned peripherals in GT Sport given the latest v. 1.13 update.

Most of the recent discussions I see on here are with regards to Polyphony Digital's implementation (or lack there of) of the CSL Elite into GT Sport and am unable to find clear, concise and consistent expressions of actual performance with this most recent update. I have indeed read varying comments regarding inaccurate force feedback, unimpressive feeling of the wheel at 'center', oscillation, lack of track/surface information transmittance etc. (all echoing since launch of GT Sport), however these expressions are first, basic descriptors, second, there seems to be varied opinions on such performance parameters, and third, it is unclear as to the occurrence of these performance issues with regards to time frame (occurring at what point in the time-line of updates). Clearly the CSL Elite is still running in 'Compatibility Mode', even after the latest v. 1.13 update, yet can anyone elaborate on the performance of the CSL Elite and mentioned peripherals as of this latest update? 

With regards to the Club Sport Pedals V3, there seems to be compatibility issues with the clutch pedal as well as with the 'Vibration Motors' of the throttle and brake pedals. First of all, correct me if I am wrong but it seems the clutch pedal does not function. Secondly, if I am not mistaken, it seems the vibration motor on the brake pedal does not function, and regarding the throttle's vibration motor, some say it functions while others say it does not. Can someone please confirm/clarify these details?

This subject may have been beaten to thriving life, yet I cannot find clear, in depth and consistent information. I would thus appreciate any of your input or feedback.

Thank you. 

- Farah Shaaban
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited March 2018
    @ Farah Shaaban,
    well you wrote pretty much ;-) I use the CSL Elite PS4 Version and the older FANATEC CSR Elite Pedals with my PS4 and this package works totally fine for me ( Games: GTS, PC2, AC, Dirt Rally on PS4 ).

Talking about GTS on PS4 I can only report about my personal view about it !
    1. Yes the CSL Elite is still with the latest update 1.13 running on "purple" Compatibility mode. 
    2. My personal experience is that the game reacts pretty accurate on all steering inputs....I turn the wheel right and the car moves right and so on.....AND there is definitely feel for the simulated G-force in the game and forces of the car when turning into corners. The ONLY thing which I really can NOT feel in the wheel is the FFB about surface structure differences and curbs and so on. That feel is lacking and very dull for my opinion, compared to Assetto Corsa on PS4 GTS is still not there where it should be, but that is nothing new because we all wait for full implementation of the wheel, hoping to get rid of the center oscillation and getting a real FFB of road surface textures and curbs and so on.
    I am writing nothing new here, just hope to answer some of your questions.
    About the Club Sport Pedals V3..........I can not say anything, because I own the older CSR Elite Pedals which work superb with the PS4 with all the mentioned games I have. The Club Sport Pedals V3 look awesome and I am sure they are superb on PC, I guess they are overkill for the PS4, especially when users mention that many features don't work on the PS4.

• Farah ShaabanFarah Shaaban Member
    edited March 2018
    @ Jörg Ziegler

Yes, If I continued writing just a little more, the post would have magically turned itself into an epic. It is good I stopped where I did! ;)

I am glad to hear the force feedback quality as well as accuracy/precision are good. These are the most important aspects. The transmission of circuit detail is a very useful and enjoyable characteristic to have and hopefully one day (in this lifetime) it will be implemented.

If in fact others feel relatively positive (as do you) about the current state of performance in GTS, then it seems I may have had a worse impression of the state of things given the several negative reviews out there. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. 

Regards.
  • Hi, I've been using my csl elite bundle with GTS for a couple of months now also using the playseat challenge. I'm not fully sold with the wheel yet. I'm using these settings: 
    sen. 59
    FF,100
    SHO;100,
    ABS,100
    DRI,-5
    FOR,100
    SPR,OFF
    DPR,OFF
    BRF,20
    FEI,90
    Using feedback and sensitivity settings in game at 1 and 1.
    If anyone would like to share their settings for GTS, it would be very appreciated. 

My positives are, I get great feedback but not sure if its to its highest quality as its my first wheel.
    Also the accuracy when turning seems spot on. basically the wheel does its job in purple mode.

The negatives are lack of buttons that you can use in the game, I use my controller to navigate its much easier. The oscillation is really bad when your lining up before a race online, then as soon as 321 GO its fine. But i get some small oscillation when driving in a straight line.

A part of me wishes i would of bought the G29 to start with as its cheap and works fine with GTS from what I've seen on youtube.

And with the playseat it took me some getting used to. messing with the positioning of the wheel and the straps for the height. i ended up drilling more holes into the plate so that the wheel wouldn't be so close to my body. I feel like the height of the wheel when mounted to the seat is too high. It would be nice to change the height of the wheel. No matter how low or high you set the seat the wheel is still at the same height of your body. 

Thanks to everyone who is sharing their experience with fanatec and GTS. hopefully the oscillation will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Ciao.
  • Ronald MorrisRonald Morris Member
    edited March 2018
    Been enjoying my CSL Elite for almost 2 weeks now, but encountered a weird problem tonight.

The wheel/wheelbase now randomly stops accepting button/pedal/turn inputs in the middle of racing while on the PS4, It forces me to press the mode switch or turn it off and back on again, at which point it starts working after hitting the guide button. My wheel was working just fine until I started playing GT Sport this evening, when the problem manifested itself.

I tried playing Dirt 4 and had the same issue. I tried redoing the firmware, but the problem still persists.

Whats causing it, and how can it be fixed?

Items attached to the wheel include the CS Shifter and the pedals w/ loadcell brake.
  • Finally:

"
    We are happy to announce Fanatec wheel support for Gran Turismo Sport! Dust off your PS4 and prepare to download the new patch tomorrow!

"

From: https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec/posts/1682346078508048

• Hi everyone, At last ! But... Leds and digits are missing. Really ??? I feel like it’s a provocation from PD... However I feel that overall sensations are much much better ! Although I had to lower the FF a bit because the CSLbegan to disconnect in the middle of turns, which might annoy me quite soon... I also feel that I handle the pedals better (?) Too bad that only the standard wheel is graphically displayed when reassigning buttons, as I use the formula rim... What are the new « official » settings in blue mode in GTS, if any...? Renaud PS : not many inputs since this last long awaited big news... you must all be playing GTS...
  • @Renaud

you are in the "wrong thread", all least there is new proper one for your findings in GTS with CSL Elite. There will be most of your questions answered already.

At the moment there is ONLY the standard rim of the CSL Elite implemented in GTS. I don't know if the McLaren Rim or other Fanatec Rims will be added with it´s features and button layouts later, as Mr. Jackermeier did not comment on that!?
    I also want to use the PIT Limit speed button on the rim ( in GTS not customizable, because in game after entering the PIT there is only a full animation and not manual driving to the pit which is lame ). The pit animation should start only after you have reached your pit and stop after changing tires and fueling, I want to drive manually in and out of the pit.

For me personally buying a McLaren Rim makes only sense when I can customize the buttons in the in game menus, which would be in Games GTS, PC2 and Assetto Corsa ( for AC I will not expect anything because Kunos does not update anymore since they work on the new game ).

• Hello would appreciate any wheel settings for the csl on gt sport as ive just downloaded the patch and mine feels terrible really snatchy and awful so if anyone gets it feeling ok please post your wheel settings thanks a lot Sion
  • edited April 2018
    Hi!!!! Yesterday my Fanatec Wheel stopped accepting values for the Drift Variable under zero!!! (only accepts +1 to +5 and off!!! ) Values bellow the Off value don´t apear!!!  Why should this happen?? Done something wrong??? (I´m under Mode Blue)
  • Thomas Jackermeier said in Oct. 2017
    GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.
    Hi Thomas, we are close to 2019 already and your wheels are still not fully supported by GT Sport. I mean the display (gear and speed indicators) is still not working. Can we expect any further improvement here? Cheers, Thorsten
  • Just installed update 1.31 and guess what, the display is still dark. No gear and speed indicator. Is that Polyphny Digital's understanding of supoorting a fully licensed PS4 wheel?

Thomas could you please be so kind and address this to PD again? Many thanks!