Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• hello, recently I buy a product(kit starter CSL ELITE WHEEL 300€+49€ delivery shipping) on black friday day, you just sent me an email where the product was charged in my bank account "facture" you did not send me anything again and I do not see any order in my fanatec.com account Please need help contact me! Thanks!
  • I just want to say, I ordered 2 sets of V3i pedals last weekend (Friday and Saturday) and both orders show "shipped" status with a delivery date next week.  I have had no issues with any transaction or communication.  Everyone on here seems to be quick to complain.
  • I would like to buy a base wheel and pedals for my son for Xmas but it is showing no availilbity on these items until March 2018. Please can you help? 

Tim McKeithan
    We ran out of stock and the only thing we could do is to give you the low price even for pre-orders
    Hi Thomas, 

As a former GT2 user (unfortunately it broke down after 200 hours of use) I wanted to jump on the CSL wheel to get back to (sim) racing. We were told in a Facebook post when your site was completely broken on Friday: not to hurry and that there was plenty of stock... Until I ordered and saw afterwards it was a pre-order for April 2018...  Do you usually only re-stock once every 4-5 months?

I even wanted to pay a premium to switch out the CSL base with the PS4 CSL base, but that is not available separately and you don't change bundles I was told (although there are only virtual bundles I guess and nothing is really prepackaged together?).

Now there is no affordable option for an Xbox One wheel, because the PS4 comes with a rim I don't use and the CSW 2.5 is too expensive for me.

The only option left, after getting excited for your sale and being let down by technology of your website, is to go to a competitor and invest in their eco system rather than yours. I was looking at upgrades in the coming months, but I am left empty handed.

What stings the most is the promise made that there was going to be plenty of stock and we had nothing to worry about. Now I have payed over 500 euros for something that is so far away that I can't justify keeping my order alive...

PS. Better to change words from pre-order to back-order as that is what it is.
    Surely there has to be a base somewhere.....100%stock is gone? If that is the best you guys can offer then damn I'll go somewhere else. Is there anything that can be done?
  • Where can I find a bundle that will be here by Xmas?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    To everyone waiting for a response or confirmation: Please rest assured that your inquiry will be solved to your satisfaction but please be more patient as catching up will probably take until middle of next week. To all people who did not get a product in stock: I am very sorry for that. I did promise that we have plenty of infentory and this was true. The demand was simply incredible high and much much higher than last year. There is nothing we can do on this as we would also love to sell more products at the regular price but we all have to wait for new inventory.
  • Thanks for the Feedback Thomas !

I will keep rocking my ancient DFGT until next week then :)
  • To everyone waiting for a response or confirmation: Please rest assured that your inquiry will be solved to your satisfaction but please be more patient as catching up will probably take until middle of next week. To all people who did not get a product in stock: I am very sorry for that. I did promise that we have plenty of infentory and this was true. The demand was simply incredible high and much much higher than last year. There is nothing we can do on this as we would also love to sell more products at the regular price but we all have to wait for new inventory.
    Any chance of getting a great deal on the other base? I am ready to buy but just can't afford it at its full price at the moment.
  • I've been a Fanatec user since around 2009?, even supported Fanatec integration with major game publishers. There used to be a time when Fanatec couldn't stock enough inventory or even offer the kind of discounts they have today (though 2012 Black Friday was the best!). But for those of you missing the inventory supply for what ever reason, the reality of manufacturing time does stink, buts it's not for a lack of effort on Fanatec's end. At least Thomas will still likely honor the price due to the timing of the comments but Fanatec is just smaller specialty suppliers that can only go to Manufacturing so many times a year. Inventory costs are SO INSANE these days you need to know your demand nearly a year out, that includes replacement parts and referbs. Yes, none of this is making anyone feel better but what I will say, as someone who not only use Fanatec in my home for 9+ years, but also as a developer (so I've been under the hood in the SDK's etc) you can't get a finer set of kit. It's actually worth the wait, despite the pain of that wait :( In fact, it's remarkable how my current v2 still feels new to me, including my old BMW and Formula rims, despite the massive amounts of abuse it's taken since around... 2013? If it died tomorrow, it would get a Vikings funeral... if my PC died it gets replaced in 24 hours and forgotten on the 25th hour... 

For more context? As a dev, TM and Logitech throw stuff at me for free, in volume, but those kits won't ever find their way onto my personal chassis, and yes, I have to toy around with them too for more hours than most sim racers do in all their free time. Sucks to wait, but like a good chassis, you're investing in a long term product so the cost when divided across 24-36 months sorta makes them cheap, especially if it's a solid hobby, and I only stopped at 36 months because of perhaps wanting to upgrade down the road. 

Anyway, for what it's worth, your wait will be painful but if you knew what I and many other Fanatec owners know, it's even more painful than you can imagine so be thankful for what you don't know. Many of us are dependent on our gear like a respirator and when we hear of inventory being gone it even terrifies us... So much for my upgrade to v2.5 from v2.0, but the podium series is fast approaching (I hope sooner than later!)
  • Good day all, I have some measurement questions for Thomas or any CSW 2.5 owners (or v2 as well, assuming the dimensions are the same):

1) Depth from the front of the wheel base to the back of the steering wheel or paddles, whichever is shorter (I know it may vary from rim to rim, multiple answers would be welcome). 
    2) Height from the top of the wheel base to the drive shaft with a wheel attached.

Planning on buying a v2.5 in the coming months and would like to know beforehand the feasibility of setting up my center monitor between the wheelbase and the steering wheel. My monitor is pretty slim (24mm at the bottom) so I'd just like to know how much wiggle room I have to pull this off...many thanks in advance!
  • edited November 2017
    I did promise that we have plenty of infentory and this was true. The demand was simply incredible high and much much higher than last year.
    I can confirm. I made 2 orders on friday at 17:00 and 20:00, and in these 3 hours the ID grows in 1.200 orders (even with the web overload).

Congratulations for this success. Please improve your webserver.
  • I've been a Fanatec user since around 2009?, even supported Fanatec integration with major game publishers. There used to be a time when Fanatec couldn't stock enough inventory or even offer the kind of discounts they have today (though 2012 Black Friday was the best!). But for those of you missing the inventory supply for what ever reason, the reality of manufacturing time does stink, buts it's not for a lack of effort on Fanatec's end. At least Thomas will still likely honor the price due to the timing of the comments but Fanatec is just smaller specialty suppliers that can only go to Manufacturing so many times a year. Inventory costs are SO INSANE these days you need to know your demand nearly a year out, that includes replacement parts and referbs. Yes, none of this is making anyone feel better but what I will say, as someone who not only use Fanatec in my home for 9+ years, but also as a developer (so I've been under the hood in the SDK's etc) you can't get a finer set of kit. It's actually worth the wait, despite the pain of that wait :( In fact, it's remarkable how my current v2 still feels new to me, including my old BMW and Formula rims, despite the massive amounts of abuse it's taken since around... 2013? If it died tomorrow, it would get a Vikings funeral... if my PC died it gets replaced in 24 hours and forgotten on the 25th hour... 

For more context? As a dev, TM and Logitech throw stuff at me for free, in volume, but those kits won't ever find their way onto my personal chassis, and yes, I have to toy around with them too for more hours than most sim racers do in all their free time. Sucks to wait, but like a good chassis, you're investing in a long term product so the cost when divided across 24-36 months sorta makes them cheap, especially if it's a solid hobby, and I only stopped at 36 months because of perhaps wanting to upgrade down the road. 

Anyway, for what it's worth, your wait will be painful but if you knew what I and many other Fanatec owners know, it's even more painful than you can imagine so be thankful for what you don't know. Many of us are dependent on our gear like a respirator and when we hear of inventory being gone it even terrifies us... So much for my upgrade to v2.5 from v2.0, but the podium series is fast approaching (I hope sooner than later!)
    I appreciate the kind words for sure. I just wish there was a way I could get my hands on his set of Petals & Wheels to give my son for Christmas. That's all he's asked for is a set of these wheels and pedals. I understand supply and demand for sure but I can't necessarily go to my son and say hey you'll have to wait till April to get your gift. The crazy thing is I had everything on my basket ready to go I went to the other room to get my wallet I came back 10 minutes later and then it said arriving end of March. Yeah timing does suck absolutely.
  • With the website issues on Friday I got charged for 3 McLaren wheel preorders when I wanted one. I've sent some emails to customer service before I contact my bank. On a positive note, my inverted pedals got delivered today! WOO HOO!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Brandon said:
    With the website issues on Friday I got charged for 3 McLaren wheel preorders when I wanted one. I've sent some emails to customer service before I contact my bank. On a positive note, my inverted pedals got delivered today! WOO HOO!
    3 ? Look at what my basket said before I was ready to checkout. LOL

• Hahahaha that’s awesome and just made my day!
  • Brandon said:
    With the website issues on Friday I got charged for 3 McLaren wheel preorders when I wanted one. I've sent some emails to customer service before I contact my bank. On a positive note, my inverted pedals got delivered today! WOO HOO!
    3 ? Look at what my basket said before I was ready to checkout. LOL

Lol, don't forget to add shipping!
  • My order for two of the CSL Elite wheelbase bundles and one set of v3i pedals hasn't had any update on the order, still listed as processing.
    These talks of April/May waits and deliveries have me worried although the Australian store still lists them all as in stock so I presume it's simply a case of working through a large number of orders.

Hope they get sent out soon.
  • Brandon said:
    I had the opposite problem haha. I stayed up till 3am on first day of sale trying to get my big order through which included the McLaren wheel. On Saturday the site was working well enough for my order to get accepted. I noticed afterwards the McLaren wasn't included! I didn't bother to reach out to customer service to fix it since i read many Facebook comments saying their orders wouldn't ship till feb because of it. But i now see Thomas mentioning they will ship separately. Perhaps they can sell me one of yours :smile:
  • Brandon said:
    I had the opposite problem haha. I stayed up till 3am on first day of sale trying to get my big order through which included the McLaren wheel. On Saturday the site was working well enough for my order to get accepted. I noticed afterwards the McLaren wasn't included! I didn't bother to reach out to customer service to fix it since i read many Facebook comments saying their orders wouldn't ship till feb because of it. But i now see Thomas mentioning they will ship separately. Perhaps they can sell me one of yours :smile:
    I hope so, I will post when it gets resolved.

Only issue is that in 24 months the Xbox One platform, what I at least bought the CSL for, will be obsolete. And just like with the GT2 support might go down the drain and my CSL will only have a lifespan of 19 months due to this delay. So that takes a quarter out of it's lifetime expectancy.

I just can't fathom why they wouldn't be able to swap the PS4 bases for Xbox bases on customer request if the customer is willing to pay a premium for this swap. I have no use for the PS4 wheel, and the base isn't sold separately else I would've done that myself.
  • edited November 2017
    I've been a Fanatec user since around 2009?, even supported Fanatec integration with major game publishers. There used to be a time when Fanatec couldn't stock enough inventory or even offer the kind of discounts they have today (though 2012 Black Friday was the best!). But for those of you missing the inventory supply for what ever reason, the reality of manufacturing time does stink, buts it's not for a lack of effort on Fanatec's end. At least Thomas will still likely honor the price due to the timing of the comments but Fanatec is just smaller specialty suppliers that can only go to Manufacturing so many times a year. Inventory costs are SO INSANE these days you need to know your demand nearly a year out, that includes replacement parts and referbs. Yes, none of this is making anyone feel better but what I will say, as someone who not only use Fanatec in my home for 9+ years, but also as a developer (so I've been under the hood in the SDK's etc) you can't get a finer set of kit. It's actually worth the wait, despite the pain of that wait :( In fact, it's remarkable how my current v2 still feels new to me, including my old BMW and Formula rims, despite the massive amounts of abuse it's taken since around... 2013? If it died tomorrow, it would get a Vikings funeral... if my PC died it gets replaced in 24 hours and forgotten on the 25th hour... 

Only issue is that in 24 months the Xbox One platform, what I at least bought the CSL for, will be obsolete. And just like with the GT2 support might go down the drain and my CSL will only have a lifespan of 19 months due to this delay. So that takes a quarter out of it's lifetime expectancy.

I just can't fathom why they wouldn't be able to swap the PS4 bases for Xbox bases on customer request if the customer is willing to pay a premium for this swap. I have no use for the PS4 wheel, and the base isn't sold separately else I would've done that myself.
    I was an avid Xbox gamer, then I learned rather well in advance that Xbox One wasn't going to support Fanatec (from MS) and took a few months to get my head around it, realized I have lots of expensive gear and switched to PC... I still have an old 911 RS2 that works on PC, even the Fanatec Elite Forza wheel. Point being, PC is where the proper sims are anyway and every Fanatec product I've ever owned still works on PC. I still us an old original Fanatec plastic H shifter after all these years. And I now have VR and Triple screens, Motec displays on my iPad as a secondary screen etc. Basically the whole sim world opened up. I now have an Xbox one and PS4 but I never set my chassis up with either, no real desire too. So nineteen months of siming? You might find your need in Sims to expand by then, not your gear... We all come back home to PC at some point ;)
  • 3 ? Look at what my basket said before I was ready to checkout. LOL

you have to be a VIP, there was a limit of 2 parts per user. After all, you saved about $ 7,000 ;-)
  • edited November 2017
  • Brandon:  Your question re the distance from the wheel and the base?  You have the paddle shifters and the disconnect to the base which must be taken into consideration.  The distance is approx between the base and the shifters is a very rough 2". I would not suggest putting a monitor between them.   You need to have access for the disconnect of the wheel from the base, the on/off buttons, etc. However, my center monitor is about 7" behind the base and works fine.
  • I had the opposite problem haha. I stayed up till 3am on first day of sale trying to get my big order through which included the McLaren wheel. On Saturday the site was working well enough for my order to get accepted. I noticed afterwards the McLaren wasn't included! I didn't bother to reach out to customer service to fix it since i read many Facebook comments saying their orders wouldn't ship till feb because of it. But i now see Thomas mentioning they will ship separately. Perhaps they can sell me one of yours :smile:
    Looks like they cancelled my extras, you might try to contact them. Good luck!
  • How do you contact Fanatec? No number no email no contact details.
  • Brandon:  Your question re the distance from the wheel and the base?  You have the paddle shifters and the disconnect to the base which must be taken into consideration.  The distance is approx between the base and the shifters is a very rough 2". I would not suggest putting a monitor between them.   You need to have access for the disconnect of the wheel from the base, the on/off buttons, etc. However, my center monitor is about 7" behind the base and works fine.

Thanks for the reply. Which wheel did you use for those measurements? I appreciate the suggestion; I'm curious because I've seen videos of people successfully racing with their monitors in that position using a CSW v1 (most were with the formula black, others with the BMW) so I figured it was viable. Will probably still experiment with it since my monitor is around 3/4" - 7/8" thick, and with the Xbox hub and a deep rim like the oval or drift, and with no paddle shifters, it might be possible? Thanks again.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    How do you contact Fanatec? No number no email no contact details.
    I am surprised about this question but it seems that we made something wrong if you really missed the "contact us" button which is right on top of our website. Does anybody has an idea to make it more obvious?
    I am surprised about this question but it seems that we made something wrong if you really missed the "contact us" button which is right on top of our website. Does anybody has an idea to make it more obvious?
    Xmas lights

Call it "Support" and not "Contact us"

Subconsciously the brain notices that "Contact us" is imperative and means "I have to do something" and therefore rejects this options. In contrast "Support" is received subconsciously as very positive and therefore people notice this button much faster and easier.

• :-bd :-bd
    How do you contact Fanatec? No number no email no contact details.
    Make the button("contact us" ) as a red flashing light.