Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• How do you contact Fanatec? No number no email no contact details.
    I am surprised about this question but it seems that we made something wrong if you really missed the "contact us" button which is right on top of our website. Does anybody has an idea to make it more obvious?
    Haha smart ass. Yes I saw it but I want to speak to an actual person. Clearly you did something wrong....you didn't provide a number.
  • Hi anyone can you please help me I’ve just order V3i pedals V2.5 base CSL elite wheel and V2 wheel bass but I’m unable to detach the wheel base to mount it to the V2.5 there are two tiny Alan keys I think? Underneath but I don’t have an Alan key the correct size to undo them. Does anyone know what size they are? Should there be an Alan key in the box to undo it?
  • I've been a Fanatec user since around 2009?, even supported Fanatec integration with major game publishers. There used to be a time when Fanatec couldn't stock enough inventory or even offer the kind of discounts they have today (though 2012 Black Friday was the best!). But for those of you missing the inventory supply for what ever reason, the reality of manufacturing time does stink, buts it's not for a lack of effort on Fanatec's end. At least Thomas will still likely honor the price due to the timing of the comments but Fanatec is just smaller specialty suppliers that can only go to Manufacturing so many times a year. Inventory costs are SO INSANE these days you need to know your demand nearly a year out, that includes replacement parts and referbs. Yes, none of this is making anyone feel better but what I will say, as someone who not only use Fanatec in my home for 9+ years, but also as a developer (so I've been under the hood in the SDK's etc) you can't get a finer set of kit. It's actually worth the wait, despite the pain of that wait :( In fact, it's remarkable how my current v2 still feels new to me, including my old BMW and Formula rims, despite the massive amounts of abuse it's taken since around... 2013? If it died tomorrow, it would get a Vikings funeral... if my PC died it gets replaced in 24 hours and forgotten on the 25th hour... 

For more context? As a dev, TM and Logitech throw stuff at me for free, in volume, but those kits won't ever find their way onto my personal chassis, and yes, I have to toy around with them too for more hours than most sim racers do in all their free time. Sucks to wait, but like a good chassis, you're investing in a long term product so the cost when divided across 24-36 months sorta makes them cheap, especially if it's a solid hobby, and I only stopped at 36 months because of perhaps wanting to upgrade down the road. 

Anyway, for what it's worth, your wait will be painful but if you knew what I and many other Fanatec owners know, it's even more painful than you can imagine so be thankful for what you don't know. Many of us are dependent on our gear like a respirator and when we hear of inventory being gone it even terrifies us... So much for my upgrade to v2.5 from v2.0, but the podium series is fast approaching (I hope sooner than later!)
    Only issue is that in 24 months the Xbox One platform, what I at least bought the CSL for, will be obsolete. And just like with the GT2 support might go down the drain and my CSL will only have a lifespan of 19 months due to this delay. So that takes a quarter out of it's lifetime expectancy.

I just can't fathom why they wouldn't be able to swap the PS4 bases for Xbox bases on customer request if the customer is willing to pay a premium for this swap. I have no use for the PS4 wheel, and the base isn't sold separately else I would've done that myself.
    I was an avid Xbox gamer, then I learned rather well in advance that Xbox One wasn't going to support Fanatec (from MS) and took a few months to get my head around it, realized I have lots of expensive gear and switched to PC... I still have an old 911 RS2 that works on PC, even the Fanatec Elite Forza wheel. Point being, PC is where the proper sims are anyway and every Fanatec product I've ever owned still works on PC. I still us an old original Fanatec plastic H shifter after all these years. And I now have VR and Triple screens, Motec displays on my iPad as a secondary screen etc. Basically the whole sim world opened up. I now have an Xbox one and PS4 but I never set my chassis up with either, no real desire too. So nineteen months of siming? You might find your need in Sims to expand by then, not your gear... We all come back home to PC at some point ;)
    I just can't be bothered with the hassle on PC of upgrading, installing, tweaking, updating etc. It's a never endless money pit as opposed to a console. It is what it is and it just works. I know its not the best for graphics or Sim racing but I am probably not that diehard. I like project cars, assetto corsa but also Forza motorsport. When my GT2 was still working and the Xbox One wasn't out yet I played much more on the Xbox 360 than on my superior pc. Why? Because pc always had issues. Driver updates, graphic glitches, vsync troubles you name.. I can't afford, or maybe I could but my wife would kill me, to get a proper sim setup with multiple screens etc. Hope the csl will make the wait worthwhile come April... Although in summer I don't want to be racing in my attack where it gets to 35 degrees Celsius.
  • "I was an avid Xbox gamer, then I learned rather well in advance that Xbox One wasn't going to support Fanatec (from MS) and took a few months to get my head around it, realized I have lots of expensive gear and switched to PC..."

I don't understand this - how Xbox one wasnt going to support Fanatec - plenty of ppl play with Fanatec Stuff on Xbox One....?
  • "I was an avid Xbox gamer, then I learned rather well in advance that Xbox One wasn't going to support Fanatec (from MS) and took a few months to get my head around it, realized I have lots of expensive gear and switched to PC..."

I don't understand this - how Xbox one wasnt going to support Fanatec - plenty of ppl play with Fanatec Stuff on Xbox One....?
    They are now, but none of the Fanatec gear was officially supported when PS4 and Xbox One first released so none of the gear you used on your Xbox 360 worked. Both Sony and MS tried to monopolize on the peripheral market. Now they just force you to use expensive RFID chips. Xbox is handled at the wheel rim (controller level) and Sony at the base. Fanatec leading selling point/USP back then was one wheel worked across all platforms. 
  • Hi anyone can you please help me I’ve just order V3i pedals V2.5 base CSL elite wheel and V2 wheel bass but I’m unable to detach the wheel base to mount it to the V2.5 there are two tiny Alan keys I think? Underneath but I don’t have an Alan key the correct size to undo them. Does anyone know what size they are? Should there be an Alan key in the box to undo it?
    4mm Hexagonal wrench :smile:
  • @Thomas ;Jackermaier,

Ich habe im Zuge des Black Fridays den "
    Universal Hub für Xbox One" zusammen mit dem "ClubSport Lenkradkranz Flat1" bestellt. Geliefert wurde aber der falsche Lenkradkranz "ClubSport Lenkradkranz GT Forza Motorsport".
    Ich habe den Support angeschrieben, es meldet sich aber seit Tagen niemand zurück.
    Ich habe versucht anzurufen, aber seit Tagen komme komme ich nur bis zur Ansage des Telefonauswahlmenüs, wenn ich dort irgendein Menü auswähle, höre ich nur kurzzeitig eine andere Warteschleifenmusik, mal mehr mal weniger lange, und komme dann wieder zum Auswahlmenü... als wenn mich jemand wegdrückt.
    Ich finde es sehr schade das es bei einem Premium Produkt zu einem Premium Preis nicht auch den entsprechenden Kundenservice gibt.

Auch hatte ich den Support kurz zuvor bereits angeschrieben das ich 2 Bestellungen aufgegeben habe weil ich befürchtet hatte das alle Artikel erst zusammen mit dem McLaren GT3 Lenkrad im Februar versendet werden, dann habe ich hier gelesen das in diesem Fall die bereits lieferbaren Artikel auch vorher versendet werden und man sich wegen der Protokosten bei Usern die ebenfalls 2 Bestellungen aufgegeben hatten, einig wird.
    Dazu wollte ich noch nachträglich zum McLaren GT3 Lenkrad den "ClubSport Quick Release" bestellen.
    Als Antwort für beide Anfragen habe ich nur erhalten: "..Eine Änderung Ihres Auftrags ist leider nicht mehr möglich.." ohne weitere Kommentare...?

Nun hoffe ich das ich vielleicht hier eine Antwort erhalte, im Speziellen wegen des falsch gelieferten Lenkrad weil ich so noch nicht einmal den Xbox Hub nutzen kann.
  • edited December 2017
    @Thomas ;Jackermaier,

Ich habe im Zuge des Black Fridays den "Universal Hub für Xbox One" zusammen mit dem "ClubSport Lenkradkranz Flat1" bestellt. Geliefert wurde aber der falsche Lenkradkranz "ClubSport Lenkradkranz GT Forza Motorsport".
    Ich habe den Support angeschrieben, es meldet sich aber seit Tagen niemand zurück.
    Ich habe versucht anzurufen, aber seit Tagen komme komme ich nur bis zur Ansage des Telefonauswahlmenüs, wenn ich dort irgendein Menü auswähle, höre ich nur kurzzeitig eine andere Warteschleifenmusik, mal mehr mal weniger lange, und komme dann wieder zum Auswahlmenü... als wenn mich jemand wegdrückt.
    Ich finde es sehr schade das es bei einem Premium Produkt zu einem Premium Preis nicht auch den entsprechenden Kundenservice gibt.

Auch hatte ich den Support kurz zuvor bereits angeschrieben das ich 2 Bestellungen aufgegeben habe weil ich befürchtet hatte das alle Artikel erst zusammen mit dem McLaren GT3 Lenkrad im Februar versendet werden, dann habe ich hier gelesen das in diesem Fall die bereits lieferbaren Artikel auch vorher versendet werden und man sich wegen der Protokosten bei Usern die ebenfalls 2 Bestellungen aufgegeben hatten, einig wird.
    Dazu wollte ich noch nachträglich zum McLaren GT3 Lenkrad den "ClubSport Quick Release" bestellen.
    Als Antwort für beide Anfragen habe ich nur erhalten: "..Eine Änderung Ihres Auftrags ist leider nicht mehr möglich.." ohne weitere Kommentare...?

Nun hoffe ich das ich vielleicht hier eine Antwort erhalte, im Speziellen wegen des falsch gelieferten Lenkrad weil ich so noch nicht einmal den Xbox Hub nutzen kann.
    Forum is English only.
    Phone support is available ONLY during 14:00 and 16:00 from Monday until Friday.
    Live Chat support is available almost 12 hours a day, including weekends sometimes. (as I write actually Live chat is available).

Because of the BF I am sure the webshop actually has quite a lot of work to do so to get the fastest help I would try the live chat support or phone support during their service times (actually in roughly 10 minutes thei open their service lines).
  • In defense for Fanatec, I've been a loyal customer since the Porsche 911 Turbo wheel and V-1 pedals.  Yes, sometimes reaching Fanatec can be frustrating but I've learned what times their live phone response is available as well following the procedures to initiate live chat.  Both have been very helpful through the years.  

I've made personal telephone contact WEST COAST time at 6:00AM!

Be sure to follow the instructions during the help section for your particular inquiry.
  • I received my V3i Yesterday and they feel so awesome. My first time trying out a Fanatec product. Thank you so much for the amazing deal!!!!!
    Vibration motors also work well and is a really nice feature. 

• William DoreWilliam Dore Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi anyone can you please help me I’ve just order V3i pedals V2.5 base CSL elite wheel and V2 wheel bass but I’m unable to detach the wheel base to mount it to the V2.5 there are two tiny Alan keys I think? Underneath but I don’t have an Alan key the correct size to undo them. Does anyone know what size they are? Should there be an Alan key in the box to undo it?
    4mm Hexagonal wrench :smile:

Thanks mate I found it just after I posted it that now I feel I'm going to be even more stupid but i don't to apply any major force to my CSL Elite P1 wheel I've undone the screw but can't seem to get the wheel off, am I doing something wrong?

• Anyone know if the rev lights on either the CSL base or the Xbox CSL P1 rev lights are supposed to work with F1 2017 on Xbox one?
  • Marino VicicMarino Vicic Member
    edited December 2017
    No rev lights not working on xbox one.
  • Marino VicicMarino Vicic Member
    edited December 2017
    Time to say goodbye Logitech,Thrustmaster and other toys. I sold my g25,g29 and T300 wheels now is time to sold tx and only keep Fanatec gear . CSR and CSL is great wheel but clubsport gear is awesome... After I took a couple of laps. I wonder what I was waiting for all this time.... I love Fanatec sim racing gear and from now on, buy only fanatec gear... Thanks for fast delivery and great deals for black friday.
  • THANK YOU FANATEC AND THOMAS!!! Got these bad boys delivered 2 days early!! Gooooddbyyee Crapy super loud yet faithful Mad Catz Steering wheel!! I jjust wish the rev lights on the base and wheel and the display on the wheel worked on F12017 on Xbox. Anyone know of any game that supports them or is it a Xbox issue? I def don’t blame you guys at all. Now that I’ve joined the Fanatec Family I gotta convince my wife to let me build a Gaming PC. This was my Xmas present that came early! Can’t wait for my McLaren Wheel!!!!
  • @Marino Vicic Pretty envious of that setup! Can’t wait for the handbrake for Dirt Rally!
  • @Marino Vicic Pretty envious of that setup! Can’t wait for the handbrake for Dirt Rally!
    Dirt rally with fanatec handbrake is a whole new level :-bd
  • No rev lights not working on xbox one.
    So you have a specific Xbox wheel and it has features that don't work on Xbox? That's a shame.
  • Yeah it seems Xbox doesn’t support any of the cool features RPM lights & display. Now it’s got me nervous that none of the cool features on the McLaren Rim will work on the Xbox. I tried Forza 6, F1 2017, and Dirt Rally. Time to start stalking graphics card prices... sigh
  • What about Xbox One X, anyone know if rev lights work on it ?
  • No rev lights not working on xbox one.
    So you have a specific Xbox wheel and it has features that don't work on Xbox? That's a shame.
    But on pc working great. Never did such things work on consoles. The shame is Forza is still not working with Fanatec handbrake ! And only who is guilty of it is Turn 10...
  • edited December 2017
    Yeah it seems Xbox doesn’t support any of the cool features RPM lights & display. Now it’s got me nervous that none of the cool features on the McLaren Rim will work on the Xbox. I tried Forza 6, F1 2017, and Dirt Rally. Time to start stalking graphics card prices... sigh
    Really? None of the latest xbox racers do any of that? Although i just bought a CSL Elite ps4 with CSL elite wheel p1, i have an xbox one x and just bought all the latest racing games for xbox platform. I do have a ps4 pro but went with xbox games due to increased power. I may have made a costly mistake :( Anyone know which ps4 games support rev lights and display? I believe i saw Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 with it. Strange it works on ps4 but not xbox.
  • Hi,

I bought CSL Elite Bundle (Xbox One starter pack) on BF sale. Yesterday when I played Assetto Corsa the wheel stopped working for a moment, and when it get back, the Force Feedback didn't work and the steering wheel when leave alone slowly turning left to the limit. Does anyone had similar issue? One day earlier I played Assetto Corsa much longer with the same car and same track without any issues.
    I have 313 FW version with 292 driver.
    One of our forum user reported the same thing with 336 FW version.

Best Regards
    Piotr AKA DrFugazi
  • Hi,

I bought CSL Elite Bundle (Xbox One starter pack) on BF sale. Yesterday when I played Assetto Corsa the wheel stopped working for a moment, and when it get back, the Force Feedback didn't work and the steering wheel when leave alone slowly turning left to the limit. Does anyone had similar issue? One day earlier I played Assetto Corsa much longer with the same car and same track without any issues.
    I have 313 FW version with 292 driver.
    One of our forum user reported the same thing with 336 FW version.

Best Regards
    Piotr AKA DrFugazi
    Hmm I had the exact same problem with my GT2 wheel about 7 years ago. For me it was a hardware defect.
  • Really? None of the latest xbox racers do any of that? Although i just bought a CSL Elite ps4 with CSL elite wheel p1, i have an xbox one x and just bought all the latest racing games for xbox platform. I do have a ps4 pro but went with xbox games due to increased power. I may have made a costly mistake :( Anyone know which ps4 games support rev lights and display? I believe i saw Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 with it. Strange it works on ps4 but not xbox.
    I have made the same mistake. I sold my G29 (and PC2, F1 2017 for PS4) and bought the Xbox One Compedition Pack. And now rev lights and display wont work. So I have to go to PC?? Maybe someone can test it on XBox One X?
  • Time to say goodbye Logitech,Thrustmaster and other toys. I sold my g25,g29 and T300 wheels now is time to sold tx and only keep Fanatec gear . CSR and CSL is great wheel but clubsport gear is awesome... After I took a couple of laps. I wonder what I was waiting for all this time.... I love Fanatec sim racing gear and from now on, buy only fanatec gear... Thanks for fast delivery and great deals for black friday.
    wow...like the seat. Nice setup!
  • Time to say goodbye Logitech,Thrustmaster and other toys. I sold my g25,g29 and T300 wheels now is time to sold tx and only keep Fanatec gear . CSR and CSL is great wheel but clubsport gear is awesome... After I took a couple of laps. I wonder what I was waiting for all this time.... I love Fanatec sim racing gear and from now on, buy only fanatec gear... Thanks for fast delivery and great deals for black friday.
    wow...like the seat. Nice setup!
    Thanks seat is good but for the price that the cost is not something special ! But Fanatec set is amazing this V3 pedal are not from this world ^:)^ Also shifter working great sequential mode work like real race car
  • I still have no tracking number more than one week after ordering and it's so annoying.

Nobody replies to my messages, even the Aliexpress stores reply and Fanatec doesn't. Something's really not right.
  • edited December 2017
    Merry Christmas to me! Finally got this on Friday

• Jozsef HalmiJozsef Halmi Member
    edited December 2017
    I've missed those deals, because I did not have internet connectivity during that period, and I'm really down.

Is there any chance to get a discounted price on the CSL Elite Starter Pack, or see another discount in the near future? I know that calendar promotion is going on, but I could not place a single bet yet because of the high load on the website.

Thanks.