Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• So, offer 3/4 is basically a CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack for Xbox One & PC without the load cell? Are the wheel base and pedals compatible with the RennSport Wheel stand?
  • David DeGreefDavid DeGreef Member
    edited November 2017
    Big unveil of new rim in about an hour?
  • Big unveil of new rim in about an hour?
    Where did you hear that it was in an hour?

• So, offer 3/4 is basically a CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack for Xbox One & PC without the load cell? Are the wheel base and pedals compatible with the RennSport Wheel stand?
    Nope...No elite Rim......
  • I'm interested in Offer 3.

It says the discount is 40% off from the regular 459.95$. Now, 40% off is 275.97$ and not 299.95$.

Will I get offer 3 at 275.97$?
  • Up to 40% does not mean 40%. It means something between 1 and 40% discount...
  • Guys in UK on Currys webpage we got some good offer. They don't care you got PS or xBox ;)
  • Up to 40% does not mean 40%. It means something between 1 and 40% discount...
    In fact it doesn't say "up to 40%", but rather "buy the kit get 40% off". That to me mans that the discount should be exactly 40%.
  • Here in German Language it says up to 40% Maybe a translation issue?
  • Can someone please enlighten me on the difference between the CSL Elite Wheel Base and the CSL Elite Racing "Base", apart from the apparent compatibility difference (Xbone/PC vs PS4/PC/"Xbone"), and less attractive rubber duck wrapping on the wheel (BF offer 3).

I'm a "sad" owner of a P911 GT2 wheel, which "died" last year after very few hours of racing during its lifespan, and I'm now hoping to get a better experience with the entry level CSL Elite(untill i win the lottery). I just don't wish to "water out" money on a CSL Elite Wheel, if the difference is big, and Fanatec presents a CSL Elite Racing Base in the near future, with the much nicer P1 wheel instead(CSL Elite Racing Wheel - P1)? 

Cheers Gents'... BR. Sven
  • Big unveil of new rim in about an hour?
    Where did you hear that it was in an hour?
    My conversion time is a bit off...no wonder I qualify last. 
  • My conversion time is a bit off...no wonder I qualify last. 
    Well...it IS friday now... 
  • Can someone please enlighten me on the difference between the CSL Elite Wheel Base and the CSL Elite Racing "Base", apart from the apparent compatibility difference (Xbone/PC vs PS4/PC/"Xbone"), and less attractive rubber duck wrapping on the wheel (BF offer 3).

I'm a "sad" owner of a P911 GT2 wheel, which "died" last year after very few hours of racing during its lifespan, and I'm now hoping to get a better experience with the entry level CSL Elite(untill i win the lottery). I just don't wish to "water out" money on a CSL Elite Wheel, if the difference is big, and Fanatec presents a CSL Elite Racing Base in the near future, with the much nicer P1 wheel instead(CSL Elite Racing Wheel - P1)? 

The 2 bases are basically the same mechanically. The PS4 licensed base has PS4 compatibility in the base. If you don’t want to play on PS4 you don’t need the PS4 version. XB1 compatibility is based on mounting a XB1 compatible rim, it isn’t in the base. They do offer a bundle with the alcantera version of the rim and load cell brake for more(CSL Elite advanced Package). Deal 3 is a good start, you can add a load cell brake kit and upgrade rim later.
  • I just took a V3 + 2 dumper kit, from a friend and I would take the steering wheel v 2.5 with Porsche steering, for me you can not do anything

The 2 bases are basically the same mechanically. The PS4 licensed base has PS4 compatibility in the base. If you don’t want to play on PS4 you don’t need the PS4 version. XB1 compatibility is based on mounting a XB1 compatible rim, it isn’t in the base. They do offer a bundle with the alcantera version of the rim and load cell brake for more(CSL Elite advanced Package). Deal 3 is a good start, you can add a load cell brake kit and upgrade rim later.
    Diffrens on CSL Elite Racing PS4 and X-Box

PS4: DirectSensor™ on the steering axis to prevent influence of the belt drive on the position sensor?
         Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate

X-Box: Sensor?
           Fast 500 Hz USB update rate

• ISR has a review that compares the bases. Firmware has improved clankiness in this video and now they also have a better xB1 rim in the more expensive package.
  • Damion PrevoDamion Prevo Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi, the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub will be compatible with your DD Base?
    Every Rim from every Series is and will be compatible with every Wheelbase. All 3 Series are one big eco system :)

Yes but not every rim is compatible with every system. As an Xbox One owner it is a little bit frustrating that I cannot use the BMW GT2, Porsche 918 RSR, the Formula Carbon, and the Formula Black racing rims because they are not compatible with the Xbox ecosystem. 

Here's to hoping Fanatec is making a high quality GT wheel or the BMW and Porsche wheel compatible for the Xbox One! :)
  • Damion PrevoDamion Prevo Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello All Sim Racers!

Can anyone recommend a quality or high quality wheel stand that is compatible with the V2.5 base and the V3 or the V3 inverted pedals? :)
  • so what time does this start US time
  • so what time does this start US time
    Thomas said 9:00AM CET time zone, according to Google, so that's 3:00 AM on the US east coast.
  • The math is definitely incorrect on offer number 3 ,the math is for a 35% savings. The wording on the ad is "Buy CSL Elite Wheel starter pack for Xbox One & PC get 40% off" which is 275.97 from 459.95 ,But no matter I will still be purchasing it even at the 299 price then maybe if they correct the error later I will have a $24 credit.
  • Hi Thomas I already seem to be having problems loading your website to get my CV3 inverted pedals :(
  • hello Thomas, first of all thanks for the offer this year! I am in the process of order the inverted pedal, but seems the pricing have some problem as the shown price is US$349 while in our forum it was told US$299. So could you please check and see! Thanks :)
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I know. The server performance is horrible. Again.

We are about to change that but we could not make it in time for this BF. Sorry for all the waiting time.
  • Thomas, price for the CSL elite starter package is not updated on the US site, and I cannot choose the McLaren wheel preorder on the US site either.
  • No CSL Elite starter bundle discount for Australia then?
  • Price of the CSL elite starter also not updatet in Germany. It was for a few minutes but i never were able to place an order because the website is unavailable most of the time. Now i was at least able to open the site again but now the CSL elite starter is back to normal Price  - 499,95€.

Something is a bit wrong here :)

• The website is unbelievable IE has crashed a dozen times. I'm still having trouble getting in and I think I've lost what was in my cart. I just hope I don't miss out because of poor web design.
  • Website doesn't work...
  • There you go, after many tries I get back into my cart to see the inverted pedals are out of stock. I am very angry and frustrated at the moment as it's not often I would spend $2000 dollars on gaming equipment. I would have had this payed for three hours ago if the site was made better.