Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• So if I preorder now a DD1 I will get one with the DD2 motor?
    Or am I missing something?
  • YES you should be getting a DD1 with a DD2 motor, nothing has stated otherwise as yet.
  • So if I preorder now a DD1 I will get one with the DD2 motor?
    Or am I missing something?
    As Hughie already mentioned, nothing has stated otherwise. Fanatec said they are going to let us know when something is changing here.
    But keep in mind that the motor will get other electronics in the DD1, so the torque is a little bit lower than on the DD2.
  • any update ?
  • any update ?
    for what? End of April is still 4 months away so why should there be any new update...? :D
  • Happy New Year, to all you happy Fanatec people......, and even the sad or angry ones.....

• Happy New Year to all the hard working people at Fanatec, and may the new year bring lots of joy and happiness to everyone....
  • Used the voucher on Dec. 29. and got my Universal Hub today (Jan. 03.)! :D Although Fanatec's website still doesn't state a delivery date, UPS got me updated about the status so I was at home. Can't wait until I have collected all components to rebuild VW's Polo WRC steering wheel which lead them to Rally Championship four times...

Thanks Fanatec for that gift! :-bd
  • any update ?
    for what? End of April is still 4 months away so why should there be any new update...? :D
    Because Thomas's comment on gtplanet forum above?
  • Youness AmalYouness Amal Member
    edited January 2019
    Used the voucher on Dec. 29. and got my Universal Hub today (Jan. 03.)! :D Although Fanatec's website still doesn't state a delivery date, UPS got me updated about the status so I was at home. Can't wait until I have collected all components to rebuild VW's Polo WRC steering wheel which lead them to Rally Championship four times...

Thanks Fanatec for that gift! :-bd
    Lucky Guy. I have ordered a CSW2.5 December 23th after big problem with my CSW 1 and the status still processing. Not impossible I receive my DD2 before...
  • Lucky Guy. I have ordered a CSW2.5 December 23th after big problem with my CSW 1 and the status still processing. Not impossible I receive my DD2 before...
    Hmm, that's too bad. My order history still also says "processing". Something in Fanatec's system seems to not work properly... Maybe you get operated from another location so that shipping takes so long around the holidays!? Have you tried the message function below the order history to ask Fanatec about the status?
  • Lucky Guy. I have ordered a CSW2.5 December 23th after big problem with my CSW 1 and the status still processing. Not impossible I receive my DD2 before...
    Hmm, that's too bad. My order history still also says "processing". Something in Fanatec's system seems to not work properly... Maybe you get operated from another location so that shipping takes so long around the holidays!? Have you tried the message function below the order history to ask Fanatec about the status?
    Yup, very broken. I bought the LE F1 wheel as well as the CS shifter and Handbrake. All 3 have been delivered. Fanatec’s site says the shifter and handbrake are processing and “payment verified” for the wheel. Maybe they’re still deciding what free gift to send me for Christmas? :-D
  • I want to upgrade my gear and switch to the "DD" world in the near future.

The podium (DD1) looks fine for me and I can wait up to May 2019 - but is  there a benefit from (pre)order it now or should I wait until it´s available? To get the DD2 hardware (motor) sounds good - is it confirmed? And what about the first stock in May? Can it cover new orders as well or just preorders?
  • As far as i'am aware the first batch/s will have the DD2 motor installed in the DD1. I was told by Dominic that, that they may consider keeping the DD2 motors in the DD1, but that wasnt confirmed. 

Its up to you weather you want to pre-order or buy when on or after the release date. 

• I want to upgrade my gear and switch to the "DD" world in the near future.

The podium (DD1) looks fine for me and I can wait up to May 2019 - but is  there a benefit from (pre)order it now or should I wait until it´s available? To get the DD2 hardware (motor) sounds good - is it confirmed? And what about the first stock in May? Can it cover new orders as well or just preorders?
    Several months delay but Fanatec shall still have capacity to get the DD1 motor running? I don't think the first batches will have a different motor than DD2. But anyway, its power will be reduced to DD1 level. But to be fair - I also preordered to get the big motor, I like oversizing. B-)

I don't think that my following thoughts on your dilemma are new to you but I don't want to ignore your other questions:

Preorder now means:
    - to get the thing before all people who order after you. But nobody knows if this really affects the delivery date and I don't think that Fanatec will give infos on this topic...
    - to have a chance for another "sorry"-voucher, in case they don't deliver until end of april ;)

Order when available means:
    - to have this high amount of money on your account, just in case anything unforseen happens

Now you're alone with the decision but I wish you good luck to find the right way for you! *-:)
  • Some updates from Fanatec at EOM would be great!
  • 104 days to go till 30.4.19 :)

shipping by container from china takes around 6 weeks. means around 2 months time left to fix the problem, start production, shipping.
    so there is not really much time left.

there should be a info incomming next few days. otherwise there could be another delay, again :)
  • Please make an info.
  • edited January 2019
    Yee its getting kinda lame in here now, think its time we needed to spice up this thread with some tease news or some bickering about the delays or no info getting updated, even if theres no info to update.....image
  • Out of topic but, when will the Podium driving wheel be available? April? 

I think now the PS4 version should release with the DD1 and DD2. As to a podium rim, nothing has been announanced.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Out of topic but, when will the Podium driving wheel be available? April? 
      The Podium Racing Wheel F1 is due to launch at the end of April, alongside the Podium Wheel Base DD1 and Podium Wheel Base DD2.
      The Podium Racing Wheel F1 is due to launch at the end of April, alongside the Podium Wheel Base DD1 and Podium Wheel Base DD2.
    Sooo Dom, how are we looking now bud,

Can I take it that your comment means that alls well,and no other complications have arisen.
    Can we expect any boosts inperformance with this extra research and development time or is this extra time only mearly to fix the original problems ? 
    BTW can we get a peak of the software UI  
    X_X
    Im still waiting on Doms answer...... image
  • One thing I dont understand if the F1 2018 LE wheel is Clubsport and they writing that the PS4 F1 is a podium wheel, whats the difference other than color? And will the new podium F1 2019 be any different than 2018 LE other than color scheme since they also call that a podium wheel and not clubsport?

Best regards
    Bjørn
  • One thing I dont understand if the F1 2018 LE wheel is Clubsport and they writing that the PS4 F1 is a podium wheel, whats the difference other than color? And will the new podium F1 2019 be any different than 2018 LE other than color scheme since they also call that a podium wheel and not clubsport?

Best regards
    Bjørn
    The PS4 F1 rim is also a ClubSport rim but it has the Podium Advanced Paddle Shifters already attached and comes bundled with the Podium Racing Wheel Base for PS4. Other than color thats the only difference, technically its still a ClubSport rim. Same for F1 2019, I dont remember they ever called it a Podium Wheel. I totally believe that the F1 2019 will also be a (limited) ClubSport Wheel. It's just a free compensation for all DD pre-orders before they announced the delay but no Podium Wheel I guess..
  • Please please can we have some official update, I pre-ordered the DD1 back in August 2018 with expectation the product would be delivered on the 8th December. I bought this wheel as I knew my G25 after 10 years cannot withstand anymore heavy abuse. Well this weekend my G25 showed even more signs of an earlier death, she is so loose I think it will only last another 2 weeks maximum of which I will be forced to buy another wheel. I should of had my DD1 by now and not facing this worrying problem and further expense.
  • Please please can we have some official update, I pre-ordered the DD1 back in August 2018 with expectation the product would be delivered on the 8th December. I bought this wheel as I knew my G25 after 10 years cannot withstand anymore heavy abuse. Well this weekend my G25 showed even more signs of an earlier death, she is so loose I think it will only last another 2 weeks maximum of which I will be forced to buy another wheel. I should of had my DD1 by now and not facing this worrying problem and further expense.
    Your G25 has to stay alive 3 more moths as the DD1 and DD2 were delayed until 30th April....
    That's why they converted our "Free wheel" into a store credit.  If it's not going to make it, go get yourself a CSL. I'm sure you can flip it when the DD1 is released.