Fanatec Driver 402 (before 399) incl. new Firmware Manager for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• I have the same issue with driver 400, DD2, formula V2 and rf2. This happened as soon as I upgraded.

• Like some here i can't start "firmware update assistant" after drivers 400 install. csl elite, mc laren, v3i.

But after disconnecting the pedal via usb, i can now start "firmware update assistant" and flash wheel and base.

If i reconnect my pedal "firmware update assistant" doesn't start.

• Update & correction.

I have gone back to older beta to fix.

The button mapping issue also had two buttons mapped as one.

The rotary wheels response is very slow I had to scroll about two - three clicks before any thing happened on both sides.

Which means I was not gett the correct settings when required, if I was going from TC 7 to 6 I would end up in TC 4 or 5 not good for racing .

• Disregard my request. Problem is solved. When pedals usb is unplugged, the FW manager starts...

Everything is flashed and working properly.

Thank you Fanatec.

• podium dd1, formula wheel v2, pedal board v2, disconnecting the pedal board, the firmware assistant finally works, and I was able to do the update.

• Hi, updating from driver package 3.99 to driver package 4.00 shows 2 things at my Fanatec property page

1. Instead of PBME text and picture, I got Universal Hub text and picture
    2. with driver package 3.99, the update assistant got started after I confirmed the error message shown first, on 4.00 there is no error message but the update assistant is not even starting, nothing pop's up.

I deinstalled 4.00 and reinstalled 3.99, same as before => PBME is there and confirming the error message let the update assiant start.

• CSL Elite PS4 + CSL Elite Pedals LC + Formula Wheel V1

I have exactly the same problem, I can't open the firmware manager if I connect the pedals via USB

• Lordy Lordy! A what down Cluck... 😲 Or maybe a typo 😉

• edited January 2021

FW manager not starting: it seems the CSL Elite set is the issue when connected...

• I am having the same issue, I can't open the firmware updater with my pedals connected. Here is the .NET exception from event viewer:

Application: FanatecFirmwareManager.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.IndexOutOfRangeException

at FanatecFirmwareManager.UtilFirmwareVersion.IsFirmwareVersionPedalsUpdated(Boolean, System.String, FS_DEVICE_INFO)

at FanatecFirmwareManager.FanatecDevice.AllFirmwaresUpdated()

at FanatecFirmwareManager.MainWindow.FirmwareVersionSet(Boolean, Boolean)

at FanatecFirmwareManager.MainWindow.DisplayInfoUpdate(Boolean, Boolean)

at FanatecFirmwareManager.MainWindow.Initialize()

at FanatecFirmwareManager.MainWindow..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)

at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at FanatecFirmwareManager.App.Main()

• Has anyone tried the update for CSP v3 pedals? Do you feel any difference when driving?

• Removing the pedals worked for me, too. Firmware update successful. :)

• George DunkGeorge Dunk Member
    edited January 2021

My V3i pedal connections are very hard to get to. Is it okay to have both the USB and the RJ12 connected to the pedal base only and use one or the other as needed? Meaning I would use the USB connection after unplugging the RJ12 from the wheel base or visa-versa. I know not to use both at the same time.

• Sure, I do it that way too.

You can have a USB cable connected to your pedals while the pedals are connected via RJ12 to the base as long as you don't plug in that USB cable from the pedals to your computer.

Whenever you need to update the pedals, unplug the RJ12 from the back of your base and connect the usb from the pedals to the PC.

Just don't connect both at the same time to your computer.

• Otso LahtiOtso Lahti Member
    edited January 2021

I updated to v400 on Friday. I also updated all firmware. The process was smooth, but it did not restore my profiles. I’ve attached my devices below.

Ever since I got my CSW2.5 I’ve used the 328 firmware without issues.

iRacing worked fine with v400. However Automobilista 2 had a critical stutter issue. Both VR with Rift CV1. Automobilista 2 in Win 7 compatibility mode so SteamVR is used and not OculusVR. This trick also works with Project Cars 2.

Automobilista 2 would start ok, but even just sitting in the pitbox (but technically driving so not out of track in the menu) for 10 to 15 minutes would make CPU frame times climb from 3ms to 8-13ms. Unplayable due to the stutter.

It worked fine otherwise, but this issue would ruin all races as you can imagine. Last laps were undriveable.

I could also feel how the FFB became notchy with time. Turning the wheels while stationary was smooth at first, but very notchy after 10 minutes.

I tried downgrading to v381 and used its firmware on base, wheel and motor. Same issue in Automobilista 2.

I tried different USB ports. Only one Oculus Sensor. No shifter. Nothing worked.

Finally I decided to try v328. That worked as expected, like it always did. Frame times stayed in 3-5ms.

What could possibly cause this frame time hike? Is it the Fanalab support? Or is it possible that remnants of v328 cause this and I need to update in a very specific way?

—-

Wheel base: CSW2.5

Wheel: F1 2020

Pedals: CSP v3 (rj12)

Shifter: TH8A via USB

Windows 10

Oculus Rift CV1 with two sensors

• I have exactly the same issue. Disconnecting the pedals worked. Thanks for the workaround 🙂

• Attn. Marcel Pfister and Maurice Böschen...

A good news item....

You may recall the conversations regarding the McLaren V1 wheel shutting down my CSW 2.5 wheel base every time I attached it through FW updates 380 and 381.

Well, the good news, from my point of view, is that despite apparently not being able to replicate the problem, it is not the hardware. I have just installed 400 (I had not installed 399) and I can once again attach the McLaren V1 at will, as I could up to and including 373, without it powering the CSW 2.5. 👍️

Was the issue identified eventually or is it just luck that something in the changes has fixed it?

• Which driver OR firmware does show the issue: 400

Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue: 346

Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSW V1

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Universal HUB (1st edition not xbox compatible)

Driver Version: 400

Base FW Version:684

In Assetto Corsa the display have a huge lag on output the data from the game.

I allways listen a small noise from the base even when the car is stoped.

This only happen on Assetto Corsa. On Assetto Corsa Competizione its all ok, no noise and no lag on display.

Pls fix this

• Hi Marcel , Maurice and all persons,

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL ELITE BASE +
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): CLUBSPORT STEERING WHEEL F1 2020 LE
    • Driver Version: 400
    • Base FW Version: 684
    • Motor FW Version: 22
    • Wheel FW Version: 40

Racing F1 2020 on PS4 PRO.

After update firmware from 373 to 400 i found 1 mainly thing not normal comparing with the previously version i had installed:

1 - The thumb encoders rotary are with a big delay and very inconsistence, sometimes you move a little click and it change the position you want and sometimes you move than a click (2, 3 or 4 followed) and it don't change anything.

Another 2 things that i had already verify with some previous versions (365, 373, 380, 381) and now continue with that recent version 400 is that:

A) The 2 toggle switch, left and right we can press up and down, press up everything is ok but when press down the signal in game appear exchange.

For example: I mapping a mfd shorcuts on F1 2020 and everything is correctly even on steering wheel, i press left toggle switch up appear in game left toogle switch up and works with left toggle switch up. When i map for example the left toggle switch down, appear in game the simbol of a right toggle switch down but it works lik a left toogle switch down. This is not affect me directly because after mapping i know specificly where the button are and wich i atribute. Only make confusion when you are on the buttons controls and the symbol appear invert and you have to pay attencion to not wrong. )

B) On parameters in steering Wheel and the parameters on Fanatec Wheel Property Page, normally we have both sincronized, when i change in the SW it changes on th property page, without a unique exception, the BRF parameter, it's the only if i change on Property page it will not change on the SW and if i change on the SW it will not change on the Property Page.

CONCLUSION:

After all that,

i had made the downgrade from 400 to 373 and the point 1 (For me the mainly and the one i use all time) that i made report up, works very well withou any kind of a problem. For the Encoders Rotary the 373 version and also the 365 version are the most stable drivers and about that i choose stay 373 until you fix the problem i report.

Sorry my english and explanation, anything you wanna know please ask.

Best Regards.

Jorge

• I updated my DD1 to Driver 400 and now it's having issues. My DD1 is not as responsive any more, it has a lot of oscillation, and the worst issue is that there is a bad grinding feel coming from inside (noticeably loud as well). I spent a great deal of time tuning the settings in the setup but the issues still persist. I followed the "troubleshoot" instructions and tried to revert back to a previous driver but the issues still persist (I tried multiple drivers). Prior to the update, my DD1 was working great and it also didn't have the following settings in the setup: FFB Linearity, Natural Inertia, FFB Interpolation, and Force Effect. Could these be causing the issues? Is there a way for me to revert back to not having them in my DD1? Please help because at the moment my DD1 is unplayable. I'm new to Fanatec btw.

• edited January 2021

Reduce FEI to 80 and increase INT to 6 and the grinding should be gone.

Those settings were newly introduced with driver 352 over a year ago, so nothing really new anymore. What they do can be read in the driver 352 thread or updated manual.

• Maurice and Marcel,

- My DD1 + Formula V2 set is constantly freezing where the FFB is lost and the buttons are locked. Intermittently. I recently had Driver 372 installed and had a hardware problem. I sent it for repair to the US Fanatec and started using a V2 base and started updating the Beta drivers until version 399. When the DD1 returned from RMA, I assembled it and in the first hours I started to have the problem. I downgraded to the previous one and updated the QR and did the updates again until I reached the current 400 driver. The problem still occurs.

I have three steering wheels at home (two V2s - one with padlle - and one BMW GT2) and the same problem occurs with everyone. And only in DD1, base V2 normally works with any of the three steering wheels.

I did tests isolating the power connection of the DD1 and placing it directly connected to several USB (I have already changed the cables). The only thing that was different between the DD1 repair time, was the addition of two more arduinos (One Dash and one Led RPM). Running at the same time I have a JRT (Joel Real Time) and SimHub controlling 3 arduino and 3 Shakers).

I've done several tests and the freezing problem still occurs (there is no exact frequency - there are days that I run 3 hours and days that I run 15 minutes to give the problem. But every day it occurs).

Please help me with any indication of solution.

Thankful.

Regards,

• Quick question.

What is the tickable box on the top right of the new update manager window for?

I know it says manual firmware update but why there is the option there?

• To manually flash a new firmware (for example if it was forgotten to be included in a driver like the McLarenv1 Firmware in driver 399)

• I can not open Firmware update manager with FW 400.

CSL Elite V1.1

CSL Pedal with LC Pedal connected to USB port.

F1 esport wheel

When I updated to the FW 399, that was working, but then was connected the pedal set directly to the Base.

Try to connect again the pedals from usb to base?

• So normally have v3 connected to base, but as we need to to usb the pedals for this update had to change, done a clean install that went smoothly apart from the usual error from windows saying application failed to close properly, what I found with the V3's connected to the base is the vibration motors are so weak, can barely feel them, also calibrating the pedals you can clearly see the single is fluttering really badly, also it made the braking on track really weak just couldn't get the cars to brake nowhere near as late as before, so, switched back to the V3's back to direct connection to the base, all back to normal, vibration motors on the pedals were alot stronger, even though I think they should be better and always have, braking levels were back to normal.

• Attila SoósAttila Soós Member
    edited January 2021

I have no V3 pedal, I have CSL LC.... I can not open FW update, after I click to the FW update, it can not run, close all Fanatec setting panel and exit.

I connected back the pedals to the base, it works again, but this waym how can I update the pedals FW? That is possible troughout USB, or not now?

If the Pedals was connected to the USB port, the updater exit when I click UPDATE button.

This discussion has been closed.