Fanatec Driver 402 (before 399) incl. new Firmware Manager for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• PS4/PS5 playing ACC

WIth the 380 driver this was in the fixes:

ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2: 

• Fixed Thumb Encoder missing inputs.

The input lag (missing inputs) was reduced but it is still there in all versions released after the version 380. Is it something that could be looked at?

Connecting the base to the computer and switching to PC mode then there are no missing inputs.

• Yesterday I reported the same issue like you, if you saw. Waiting for some answer/position.

For now I maintain the 373 driver which is very stable with rotary encoders.

• I did read your post and thought well let's also post my experience. The more people report, the better it is :)

• Can it be explained please what actually changed on the v3 pedal driver? Would love to hear the technical details. And, can that driver please be made available as a stand alone driver and not part of this package? Thanks.

• Everything went great on my v2.5, love the new updater.

Only issue is the notchy feeling that develops with motor firmware 22. I'll take the coil whine of v20 over that.

• No i had to disconntect the pedals from the usb of my computer. I have the CSR Elite Pedals which are normally not connected to the wheel base, but directly to the computer.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD2
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Universal Hub for PC
    • Driver Version: v400
    • Base FW Version: v684 (HW v16)
    • Motor FW Version: v40 (HW v2 - ACV v3)
    • WQR FW version: v6 (HW v0)
    • Wheel FW Version: no FW on Universal Hub for PC
    • FanaLab Version: no

Hi,

I have a question about feeling/settings. (less sensation in center)

Coming from v345 to v400, this update works for the first time. Well I had "Error: Connect device failed" during DD2 Motor Driver update... but Wheel Base was detected again after a Wheel Base restart. And then motor FW update worked.

I just followed the update instruction... I didn't do anything else. Do I need to execute some extra steps like "Erase Motor Calibration"?

Coming from v345, I previously had this following settings: SEN 1080 - SHO 100 - ABS OFF - FOR 100 - SPR 100 - DPR 100 - NDP 5 - NFR 25 - FEI 90

After the v400 upgrade, all settings have successfully restored. As recommended I change the Interpolation from raw to 6 (5 seems good too). Linearity is set to OFF (I guess because settings were restored).

Coming from v345, feeling is smoother... less sharp. (iRacing only, linear mode, +/- 55Nm (no clipping) for GTE/GT3). I just did a 5 minutes tests but I notice that I have less information in straight line... less connected to the road. General feeling is smoother but also a little bit too damped for me. I try quickly LIN 'ON' but I need to put way higher FFB. I tried with 100% in FFB on DD2 with LIN 'ON'.

So, what do you suggest me to change to have more feedback/informations on weak forces (straight line)?

First do I need to Erase Motor Calibration? Launch Motor Sensor Calibration? Better to set LIN on 'ON' or leave it on 'OFF'? Some current settings to change? (NDP, NFR, FEI) I also have a new setting NIN set to 'OFF' for the moment.

Thanks!

• Has anyone updated the V3 pedals? I have mine connected via the RJ12, but if the firmware manager balks at loading when they are connected to USB.....what's the point?

• if you came from v345 you got some new settings to play with: INT (interpolation) and NIN (natural inertia).

on default INT is at 6 and smooths the FFB out quite a bit, try to set it to something like 2 or 3 and see if you get back some of the details you are missing at the moment.

If you flashed a new Motor FW it's always adviced to erase the previous motor sensor calibration and redo that process, but I would actually suggest you run the new driver without any motor sensor calibration as it fixed the stickiness and notchiness of the overall FFB for some here (me included).

If you have to set the FFB so high and you still aren't happy with the strength leave LIN at off and dial in the FFB to this.

• edited January 2021

DD1 update ok, but when i made the update the pedals where connected by RJ12, then i disconnect the rj12 and plug the usb, the update menu wont show anymore.

Edit: after plug the pedals by rj12 again, the firmware update menu show up again

• My DD1 stopped working yesterday. The wheel base turns on, but the wheel rim (Porsche Endurance) doesn't power or control anything. I was able to get the wheel recognized by windows and tried updating it, but now the wheel isn't detected by any of the Fanatec software.

I'm now getting a Fanatec firmware updater screen that gives me an error saying no communication from ping. This all happened without me changing any software originally, so seems like a hardware component inside my DD1 has died? I'm able to get it into boot loader mode, but that's about it.

• Having the same issue of the wheel range no longer auto detected with RF2 and DD1. With 381 drivers it was ok. In RF2 there is also a strange behaviour regarding the combo driver Fantec - RF2 (experienced it also with 381), in the same game section after some exits from the garage the motor becomes "grainy", exiting from the garage you can clearly feel it and the motor produces a little "sound" that it doesn't produce in the beginning. The only way to solve is exiting completely from RF2. The strange thing is that the sound and the grainy situation happens also when you aren't driving (es. spectate or moving in the menus).

• The grainy Feeling in rF2 after some time is a game issue which is present for quite a long time.

The Game Developer needs to fix this very Stange issue...

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

New driver 401 (Hotfix) available

• Fixed: Firmware Manager does not open when pedals are connected.
    • Fixed: Weird spacing in hint text of LIN tuning menu setting (P DD).
    • Fixed: Text appears twice in DD motor sensor pop-up message.

• Marcel & Maurice,

With v400, I can feel some tiny vibrations in particular circonstance that never happened with v345. (see above for my tech specs)

Just did 24h of Daytona on iRacing with v345, so comparison is easy. On the banking I can feel those very little constant vibrations whatever settings. I made some tests with FEI at the lowest, INT at the highest, LIN ON/OFF, etc. (my regular settings are INT 6, FEI 90, NDP 5, NFR 25, NIN 0)

I guess it's related to the Interpolation filter that I didn't have with v345. It's not only iRacing fault (60Hz) cause this noise was not there in v345. (INT from raw to max doesn't change anything).

Also definitively less feedback with weak forces... so particularly in all straight lines. (LIN ON/OFF)

The good thing is Rotary encoders that work a way better on Universal Hub for PC.

• Attila SoósAttila Soós Member
    edited January 2021

"New driver 401 (Hotfix) available

• Fixed: Firmware Manager does not open when pedals are connected."

Really!!!?????

Driver 401, 684, motor 22

CSL Elite v1.1

F1 Esport

CSL LC

FW only can update, when the pedal connected to the Base.

When I push the UPDATE button the program closing if the pedal connected to the USB port. This way I can not update the pedal FW.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited January 2021

The ones who still have the issue of Firmware Manager not working with pedals connected.

Please put the Fanatec log files into a zip right after the issue happened and send them to me.

You can find the log files here: C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs\

• Edit: I may have tried to launch C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\fw\FwPedalsUpdater.exe manually, to check... It starts but say pedals are not in bootloader mode, so I closed it... don't know the impact on logs...

• For when the correction of delay/inconsistent of Thumb encoders rotary? See the 3 points of correction, and any note about that. So I’ll wanting before testing again. A 3 days ago I made a report of the issues that happen.

• Yes, because I guess that's the Firmware Manager that put the devices in bootloader mode, before calling the appropriate program (firmware updater) to flash new firmware.

Here, we launch the firmware updater without having changed the device status, thus it cannot detect device.

• Attila SoósAttila Soós Member
    edited January 2021

I released this thing, I look it up the last one not beta and I install it. :( XD

Interesting because only one game (RaceRoom) say that, LC USB pedal not conetcted, but I can use...

Released (Fanatec). :D

• good ! fixed broken sensitivity on csl elite ps4 dock? I had to downgrade to v381 a greeting

• Hi, the same issue on 401, firmware update manager won't work.

• no thats not listed in the changelog of 401 so its not fixed yet (as it requieres a new firmware which takes longer than providing just a new driver). Should be fixed in the next full new driver which provides also new firmwares.

• Tried v400 last night on my DD1 + Porsche BME. Worked great in a 45 min race, but towards the end I got one huge, loud, erroneous knock at Kyalami in ACC where it almost knocked me off the track.

I was in the middle of the track with no visible bumps, no contact with other cars- nothing that would indicate any sudden jolt of FFB.

Wheelbase was on the Fanatec logo (I never take it off). I think you guys might have some more knock-issues to clear up.

Settings are below:

I'll try v401 and see if there's any change.

This discussion has been closed.