DPR 100

In-Game Settings:

Assist Settings:

Countersteering Assistance: Off

Controller Settings:

Controller Steering Sensitivity: 5

Force Feedback Max. Torque: 5

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 10

• So we are saying that a parameter stated by the game to be exclusive to the ps5 wireless contrôler has a direct impact on the wheel, this is crazy. And it s not listed in the recommended settings by fanatec ? Cf the vidéo posted

No wonder people have so much difficulties with the settings in this game.

Thanks a lot , i will try this controller steering sensitivity parameter .

• WTFWTF Member

They don't care. Why should they? You should buy it and set everything yourself. The way you find it best. The values in the first post are a joke. The FFB has been changed many times in the meantime. Fanatec does not care. Product maintenance and service is looking good. It is good that other people do it. Free of charge. I do not accept the excuse that the FFB is broken. You can still get great with it. And why should you bring a new GT steering wheel and Base on the market, if the FFB of the new game is supposedly broken? Does that make economic sense? Probably not. Fanatec has slept through some technologies. For example trueforce. There should also be some kind of gate and compressor in the software to better process the incoming signal with it. Instead, there are only options to attenuate or smooth the signal. There is no possibility to emphasize something. 

In short: they simply do not care 

• Can't you feel that the FFB still has clipping even if the in game Force Feedback Max. Torque is set to 1?

• You are right, tested it. Cold tires + heavy breaking = front wheel sliding resulting in a loss of resistance in the wheel.

• WTFWTF Member

i‘m fine with the Setup (for Gr.3 Cars) maybe there is some clipping in some situations. I don‘t care about that. Never testet torque 1. Using 5/6 all the time, depending to the car

• I have zero clipping. I have even tried to induce it myself. I respect Maurice’s opinion but I have zero clipping.

1.31 has absolutely fixed a lot of nonsense GT7 had in the past.

• Where on reddit and gtplanet did you post? Can’t find it. Hoping there are some tweaks people have made. For some reason its not for me but I cannot put a finger on it.

• Yea track temp also is in play now, like big time, hope that at some point they gave us in game telemetry, tires take 3-4 lap to get into temp and if you r on a cold track even more.

• Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited April 2023

Take this car

the car should be with default settings, tires, downforce, everything by default!

and go to Big Willow and use this corner for test:

First take the corner in second gear with full throttle, the car will maintain a steady 145km/h.

You will feel every detail of the road.

Then take the corner in third gear with full throttle, the car will maintain a steady 182km/h.

The FFB will be completely smooth with no road detail.

• edited April 2023

Nice example! That's exactly the big game bug which everyone will have with every steering wheel called "Clipping", some just dont know about the meaning of clipping or they simply dont care. But the issue is real. It's btw even worse with Gr2 or even Gr1 cars which have more downforce so you can drive into corners faster which shows the clipping bug of the game even more.

• My settings now with DD pro 8nm:

SEN Auto

FFB 100

FFS Peak

NDP 60

NFR 35

NIN OFF

INT 6

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR OFF

DPR OFF

In-Game Settings:

Assist Settings: 

Controller Settings:

Force Feedback Max. Torque: 7

• Louis PassaroLouis Passaro Member
    edited April 2023

Since you took the time to painstakingly make a post to point out where you feel clipping I tested it exactly to your example. Yes, at that corner at that speed the car felt no feedback for an instant. It is clipping. There are probably other examples you can point to me. However, after hours and hours of gameplay, I can say, I’m still not going to toss it aside, like Maurice is.

I’m mean seriously? I had to get a specific car with a specific setup in a specific spot on a course to feel clipping for a blink of an eye? Previous to this I had hours and hours and never felt or even had a hint of clipping. Probably would have stumbled on a long sweeping turn in a Vision type car with a default set up and felt it at some point without someone pointing it out. Still doesn’t change the fact it is still the best sim racing game to date and 1.31 with PSVR2 are the clinchers that put it above all others.

Every game has a flaw. This one is pretty minuscule.

• Nobody said you have to stop playing GT7 like Maurice.

GT7 is the game I play the most and have the most fun despite the clipping but this issue needs to be fixed.

This particular example is to make sure you feel exactly what I feel, the clipping will also happen with different setup but at a different speed, it wil also happened with different cars, and it's not for a blink of an eye,  it's throughout the entire corner.

• Thanks for these, I have tried and it feels very good to me, still not as good as the FFB on ACC on a PC using Maurices Fanalab presets, but a lot better than the settings listed at the beginning of this thread !

• Why on earth are you using such high NDP & NFR? All you're achieving with that is killing what little FFB & detail there is in the game and adding unnecessary steering weight...

• Try also This settings. I think this is my favorite since 4 days. I can feel realy good what my car make....

Fanatec Podium

SEN Auto

FF 40

FFS Peak

NDP 5

NFR 15

NIN Off

INT 1

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR 100

DPR 100

In-Game Settings:

Controller Settings:

Force Feedback Max. Torque: 6

• edited April 2023

Tried it with the dd pro and FF at 100 and it's by far one of my favourite settings. Also tried NDP 0 and it feels even better. I will test NDP 5 and 0 again. Maybe at 0 it is too rough.

• Matteo VicinoMatteo Vicino Member
    edited April 2023

Hi everybody !

My gear:

Fanatec 8mm

wheel dd pro gran turismo

wheel Mc laren gt3

nowadays using Mc laren gt3

Here’s the fact: for 3 months I have lost races on races Using the 100 FF Str. and on screen settings 5/1. when I switched to 50 FF ste. And on screen 5/10 the world changed. I started to be 2 seconds faster. The little problem now is that the wheel seems ‘dead’. It has the strenght of a Logitech g923 but with much less texture.

if I use FF str. 100 it’s real fun, it’s so alive and vibrant the wheel, but I am so slower as turning is so much harder !

any suggestions?

thanks in advance, Matteo

• Well if you find FFB100 hard to turn my suggestion is to go to gym 😉. In all seriousness the FFB is weak in GT7, I use FFB 100, NDP 0, NFR 10, INT 0, FOR 110 and it's still too light. If you want to feel proper FFB then try ACC, that'll make your arms ache.

• I will :) maybe it’s just me but FF str seems SO MUCH LIGHT and easy to steer even if I miss all the force and strenght. Why then some people suggest 40 instead of 100?

• Hi Matteo,

I use 40 because I have a fanatec Podium weelbase. It has 20nm Power at 100%,instead of 8nm from DD Pro Boost.

• You are so right. Apologies for my misunderstanding !

• So, I went on Automobilista 2 a few nights ago. Finally, put some time into it. Absolutely amazing!!! Loved it....Anyway, I forgot to change my wheel setting over to Gran Turismo and just starting driving with the settings from Automobilista 2. It's not perfect but feels a lot better than what I was using OR it could just be that I haven't raced in a few days. I am using the setting for the Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

• Hi. I have been playing for a while now. I didn’t play for a few days and now with the 1.31 or 1.32 update, the force feedback seems a lot stronger. I happen to be doing collector’s book 41 with the fast vision cars and the other day (abt 3 days ago) it was fine, Now the feedback is stronger and at some places at the very top speed, the wheel oscillates back and forth a little bit even though I am going straight. Any settings I should change for my GT dd pro or in game? I had my settings like in the first post unless they were updated recently. Thanks for your help.

• I just noticed my NDP is set to zero. Can this now induce oscillations?

• I used to run mine at zero with no issues. I've increased it to 5 now though as it felt a bit twitchy after the last update.

• edited May 2023

It seemed to happen to me in that last update which was a day or so ago. Are there any other parameters to adjust that can help? I also read that if you raise NDP very high, it can be counter-productive and make the peak oscilations more violent.

Edit:I also have counter steering turned on. Can that cause issues?