Forza Motorsport settings

Comments

• edited October 2023

I'm super happy with these settings (CSL DD 8nm, X-box series X) based on the 'Racing from Home' YouTube channel (the guy spent hours perfecting it). Tested on regular road cars but it's a great foundation that you don't need to change, and rather adjust the car settings where needed (GT and F1).

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN 2520

FFB 100

FFS Peak

NDP 10

NFR 5

NIN 5

INT OFF

FEI 100

In-Game Settings:

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside 0

Steering Axis Deadzone Outside 100

Accel Axis Deadzone Inside 15

Accel Axis Deadzone Outside 100

Decel Axis Deadzone Inside 25

Decel Axis Deadzone Outside 95

Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside 10

Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside 100

Ebrake Axis Deadzone Inside 10

Ebrake Axis Deadzone Outside 100

Vibration scale 40

Force feedback scale 100

Steering Self Alignment 100

Mechanical trail scale 65

Pneumatic Trail Scale 125

Road Feel Scale 200

Load Sensitivity 60

Wheel Damping Scale 40

Center Spring Scale 80

Dynamic Damper Behaviour 100

Steering Sensitivity 100

Steering Linearity 50

I had an issue with the settings 'as is' that I borrowed from the 'Racing from Home' channel when the cabin wheel and hands animation weren't in sync with the physical wheel, it was at least 2x times faster (SEN = AUTO, Steering Sensitivity = 50). When I changed SEN to 252 and Steering Sensitivity to 100, the issue was gone, yet I still have around the usual 900 degrees of rotation 'lock to lock'. The overall experience and feel are amazing, I don't want to change anything, apart from the actual racing skill =)

And I believe you can then tweak the 'steering rotation' and sensitivity per car in the car's settings if you need quicker and more limited steering for GT and F1 cars without changing the main settings.

PS Braking limits help me brake more consistently at 80% with standard CSL pedals without the Load Cell.

• OK, so I made a ton of changes based on also watching this YouTube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzas0m5_V80

and then taking my limited knowledge of each in game setting and tweaking it to my liking. I like a slightly heavier wheel than what was recommended in that, so keep that in mind when you try this. Force feedback can very much be personal preference, but for me, this is what feels good.

https://imgur.com/a/f1gMCEq

I think I'm done changing force feedback for now, so this is what I will stick with and just play the game. Importantly, it will be very useful to adjust force feedback scale per car, which is possible within the setup menu (Along with steering ratio). Great little thing.

• anyone have any settings for Fanatec base DD2 + Fanatec formula wheel 2.5x

for PC version please

• @Nikos Maridakis

Nice Settings, feels not Bad for me on a DD2.

My FFB is Set to 49

NFR / NIN / INT i do some workaround

• thank you, tried a few in this thread and your's is the best feeling imo, strong ffb.

same set up with the 2.5 wheel

• this is mine feel good DD1 (8nm)

Vibration scale 100

Force feedback scale 70

Mechanical trail scale 150

Pneumatic Trail Scale 100

Road Feel Scale 110

Load Sensitivity 50

Wheel Damping Scale 20

Center Spring Scale 0

Dynamic Damper Behaviour 20

Steering Sensitivity 100

Steering Linearity 50

took me a few hours but im staying with this for now feels good in all cars let me know what u think pls thanks

• When you post your settings please mention the wheelbase, steeringwheel and platform where you play the game. :)

• Dennis WegeDennis Wege Member
    edited October 2023

Ich habe nochmal ein wenig rumprobiert und habe das Setting für die DD2 auf dem PC.

Lenkrad ist der PodiumHub mit einem Momo 320mm

Das ist nicht Final und ich würde mich freuen wenn noch viele andere die Hand an das Setting legen.

Im Peak bin ich so bei 12-13Nm und das Untersteuern ist soweit ganz gut zu merken und nicht zu weich.

Bin aber noch nicht 100% zufrieden. Im Ingame Diagramm komme ich teilweise ins Clipping. Habe aber auch keine Ahnung wie genau dieses ist.

Würde mich über Feedback freuen. 

Viel Spaß euch allen. 

ENGLISH!!!

I have tried again a little bit and have the setting for the DD2 on the PC.

Wheel is a PodiumHub with a Momo 320mm

This is not final and I would be happy if many others lay the hand on the setting.

In the peak I am so at 12-13Nm and the understeer is so far quite good to notice and not too soft.

But I am not 100% satisfied yet. In the ingame diagram I come partly into clipping. But I also have no idea how accurate this is.

Would be happy about feedback. 

Have fun all of you. 

• Ich habe ein paar andere andere Autos mit dem Setup versucht, was soll ich sagen, hmmmm so lala...Das Spiel ist was das angeht sehr zickig.

• Hmmm Nice Guide.

But unfortunately no exact settings for a DD1, DD2 or other Fanatec products.

• This is the best setup I have tried so far. 8Nm CSL DD.

The only adjustments I made were to accel/braking deadzones, turning the vibration scale to zero and the road feel scale to 150 from 200. A bit smoother feel for me.

Thank you for sharing!

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited October 2023

Vibration Scale, I find, just seems to add this fake vibration on top of everything which I think muddies up the rest of the feedback. Especially noticeable when understeering - you get that horrible chatter when the tires slip which feels very unrealistic. I feel like it should just go from the wheel being loaded at the peak of grip, then transition to going light with less resistance as the grip falls off and the car pushes wide. It shouldn't feel like all of a sudden you're driving over a washboard, which is what seems to happen with Vibration Scale set to anything higher than about 20 or so.

That being said, cheers to everyone who's posted settings here. I've tried most of them for my setup on PC and CSL DD w McLaren v2. They served as great starting points and I've taken bits and pieces from each, while adjusting a few things to better suit my taste - a process which I'm sure would've taken a lot longer if I had to figure it all out on my own, especially given that the default settings are so wretched.

• That's exactly how I feel about Vibration Scale. I've been gradually decreasing it as well. The knocking on the wheel during understeer, which seems to be very common with the cars I've been driving so far, gets pretty annoying. I believe things like ABS and shifting are also tied to that though, and those feel pretty nice.

• This is the ticket. I've changed to settings similar to what's in this article, making a few changes (mostly road feel, which I think is a bit overdone, but that's personal preference).

Using with my Fanatec settings I posted earlier in the thread (for DD1), just adjusted the FFB down a bit, reposted here:

SEN 900

FFB 45

FFS PEAK

NDP 15

NFR, NIN, INT OFF

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR, DPR OFF

• Took me a lot longer than I would like to get this dialed in on my DD2, but really happy with it now. Watched and read a ton of content (90% of the advice given was way off) but finally struck gold with a better understanding of what each effect does and their interdepence on one another

Turn off all asissts and ensure steering type is on simulation

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN - AUTO (1:1 for steering lock of all vehicles)

FFB - 30 (seems quite low, but with higher values understeer felt too heavy and the pull/fight felt unnatural)

FFS - PEAK

NDP - OFF (prefer to run damping only from game, better control with dynamic damping. adding damping here lost too much feel)

NFR - 5 (add a little bit of resistance, can drop to 0 if you prefer)

NIN - OFF

INT - 1 (can drop to 0 if you don't find it too grainy or prefer it)

FEI - 80 (I like smoothness with 80, but can increase to 100 for more fidelity

SPR - 100

DPR - 100 (keep at 100, this will affect in game damper effect)

In-Game Settings:

All Inside Deadzones - 0

All Outside Deadzones - 100

Vibration scale - 20 (Found any higher and tire scrub feeling on the limit would be too much)

Force feedback scale - 100 (maintain at 100 and adjust ffb on the base, but also found cars can be pretty inconsistent in game. luckily there is a per car ffb adjustment that can be done in game and saved within the tuning menu for each car. attached screenshot. I go no more than +/- 20 per car)

Steering Self Alignment - 100 (master volume for mechanical/pneumatic trail)

Mechanical trail scale - 140 (affected by suspension, higher values provide smoother loss of grip feeling, lower values sharper/aggressive)

Pneumatic Trail Scale - 100 (affected by tires, values work opposite to mechanical trail here, so higher values shar/aggressive loss of grip, lower smoother)

Road Feel Scale - 35 (bumpiness and curb feel so personal preference, but I don't find the effect very informative. on the road surface feels canned/artificial, curbs feel better at higher values though)

Load Sensitivity - 60 (affected by track elevation. I find values above 60 take away from understeer feeling from mechanical trail)

Wheel Damping Scale - 15 (heaviness in wheel, don't run any on the base so this can be taken up to 25 if you prefer more damping)

Center Spring Scale - 5 (like a smidge of center spring, but can be left at 0)

Dynamic Damper Behaviour - 60 (at higher values damper will lessen wheel damping scale with loss of grip, I find 60 a good amount. lower values wheel feels too heavy during understeer)

Steering Sensitivity - 50 (affects steering ratio, leave at 50)

Steering Linearity 50 (just leave at 50)

• Jason LindigJason Lindig Member
    edited October 2023

Ermz has a really nice comprehensive video going through the settings, how they affect handling and go together, and catering them to your own preferences.

https://youtu.be/D-vGQZ2_1fs?si=J5SJjp_j1icSZuM4

• I am trying to figure out if independent steering lock is for a Rally/Drift type setting where the car naturally settles in at an angle when on power, or if it is the End Stop? If it's end stop I was thinking of going AUTO and adjusting the steering lock independently as needed. But because It's mostly track racing, I haven't been able to really figure it out...

Anyone figure this out?

• I couldn’t find anything yet with the DD1/DD2 on the Xbox version. This feels pretty good for me right now. Still tweaking things a bit but this should get you a good starting point and much better than the original game settings.

Forza Motorsport Xbox

Fanatec DD1/DD2 Settings

SEN auto

FF 30-50 depending on your wheelbase

FFS PEAK

NDP 18

NFR OFF

NIN OFF

INT OFF

FEI 100

BLI 50

SHO ON

MPS AUTO

BRF MAX

Game Settings: 

(Sim Steering)

Vibration Scale 75

Force Feedback Scale 110

Steering Self Alignment 100

Mechanical Trail Scale 150

Pneumatic Trail Scale 105

Road Feel Scale 120

Load Sensitivity 50

Wheel Damper Scale 65 (adjust as low as you can without getting oscillation)

Center Spring Scale 65

Dynamic Damper Behavior 100

Steering Sensitivity 50

Steering Linearity 50

• I tried a lot of set ups from various forums, and this is what I came up and feels good to me. I tried to aim for some lively feedback and a clear and easy indication when I’m losing grip.

**Technical set up**

Xbox Series X, CSL DD Pro (8nm), WRC Wheel, McLaren GT Wheel, QR2 (I am mentioning this because I think it makes a huge difference in the finer force feedback details, especially when you’re coming from the QR1 light)

**Driving assists**

ABS: off

Throttle: off

Steering: Simulation

Traction control: off

Stability control: off

Shifting: manual

**Fanatec settings**

|SEN|Auto|

|FF|100|

|FFSen|Peak|

|NDP|20|

|NFR|Off|

|NIN|Off|

|INT|1|

|FEI|100|

|FOR|100|

|SPR|100|

|DPR|100|

**Ingame settings**

|Vibration|45|

|FFB Scale|90|

|Steering Align|100|

|Mechanical|150|

|Pneumatic|120|

|Road Feel|120|

|Load sen|50|

|Wheel Damp|20|

|Center Spring|0|

|Dynam Damper|50|

I am still a little bit undecided if I should use centre spring 20 or going down with the Dynamic damper again. But these adjustments are just some minor tweaks.

I hope these settings help to get a starting point.

• This is so weird - I launched the game today after playing with those settings for a few days, and found that the steering wheel in the cabin started moving 2x times slower than the physical one... All of a sudden. So I set SEN back to AUTO, and Steering Sensitivity back to 50 and that synced the wheels (again). Seems like a game bug in the first place

• After messing around since the game came out, and watching three youtubers videos (ermz, srs, and HokiHoshi), I have three separate configurations for my CSL DD 8nm. My favorite is probably ermz with some slight modifications, but I am keeping the other two configurations saved in my notes in case I dislike it after playing it for another week or two period but for now, I really feel happy with it and it's just about adjusting per-car FFB, which you should be doing regardless of whatever settings you have. For example, I have my 911 GT3 R per-car FFB at about 115 while pretty much not clipping. I think that all three of them are valid, it's just down to personal preference. I think that ermz configuration kind of reminds me of my IRacing or ACC settings.

All 3 options: https://imgur.com/a/f1gMCEq

Videos:

Ermz - https://youtu.be/D-vGQZ2_1fs?si=ei63oS8mY8AWwoa0

SRS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzas0m5_V80

HokiHoshi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN5gwRvI9eg&t=596s

• I use the settings here https://www.racedepartment.com/news/forza-motorsport-ffb-settings-guide.1401 as a baseline but had to adjust it here and there for my preference. Big problem is that I cant get the wheel synchronized ingame, I drive with a DD Pro on a Series X.

• Thanks for all the ideas how to set up the FFB. It seems there is a variety of tastes to see.

Just one info I have seen, most are using Force Feedback Scale with 100 or above. When I look at the in game FFB graph the FFB is clipping in every corner just from turning the wheel.

So I recommend to lower the value of Force Feedback Scale to at least 90 or lower and turn up the force in the wheel.

• Hello guys!!! I have problems with LOAD CELL. Who knows how to set breaking properly like in GT7? I have a felling that the braking is too sharp.

• Thank you for these suggestions. These are the best ones I've found so far. I've play with my same setup on Xbox Series X with the GT DD Pro set to AUTO and found those settings to be perfect. These for the PC are at least workable for me. Good Job.

• It is my first day on Forza on Pc, but I have a problem to set up the commands on my Dd2 + formula 2.5 wheel. When I try to change a Button assignment in Forza settings, it is automatically setting "Button 48" wherever I try to change it... so I'm forced to use defaults buttons assignments, I Never experienced that before in another game. Am i the only one with this problem ?

Thanks for all your setups, i will give it a try later

• Frank DulleFrank Dulle Member
    edited October 2023

Forza Motorsport PC

Fanatec DD1 Settings

--------------------------------

SEN auto

FF 50 depending on your wheelbase

FFS PEAK

NDP 18

NFR OFF

NIN OFF

INT OFF

FEI 100

BLI 75

SHO ON

MPS AUTO

BRF 75

Game Settings: 

--------------------------------

(Sim Steering)

Vibration Scale 75

Force Feedback Scale 150

Steering Self Alignment 20

Mechanical Trail Scale 150

Pneumatic Trail Scale 40

Road Feel Scale 0

Load Sensitivity 75

Wheel Damper Scale 0 (adjust as low as you can without getting oscillation)

Center Spring Scale 150

Dynamic Damper Behavior 0

Steering Sensitivity 50

Steering Linearity 50

• I'm running CSL Elite+ for PC. I've searched and searched the internet couldn't find legit settings for my wheel. So I copied the Fanatec recommended settings for FZ7, except I made the steering sensitivity 50. It feels good to me...

✌️

• I must say you are the one Mike! Thank you very much for your work, the result is near the perfection, smoothy and very detailed. it's already very hard to find setups for the DD1 and SeriesX combination. I ended up developing my own setup inspired by different tests. I was quite satisfied and stopped trying the others, each time I was disappointed. Your setup made me curious because a lot of in game and wheel parameters were like mine.

Your setup immediately seemed much better than anything I had been able to obtain so far. I spent 2-3 evenings trying it out, changing a few details one by one but each time I found yours exactly. I tried with fwd, rwd, awd, vintage or modern vehicules, essentially production vehicles for the career, I have not yet tried racing cars except prototypes. Just adjust the individual ffb value in each car setup, that's all, your setup do the rest. You've got it man, thanks for sharing it!!!

The only two details I didn't apply like you is "road feel scale" that I put at 185 instead of 120 for you. And the "ffb scale", how hell can you hold your steering wheel with 110 !? I put it at 42 in game.

(sorry for my english i'm french)

Thanks a lot!!!