Forza Motorsport settings

13»

Comments

• Ben WintersBen Winters Member
    edited December 2023

Clubsport dd, i left base on 100% strength and lowered ingame strength instead. Thankyou👍

Edit; on xbox series x btw

• I've been tinkering with the FFB settings in FM8 (PC) on my Fanatec CSL DD 8Nm for a while now and I believe I finally figured it out now. My big takeaway: Reduce Dynamic Damper to 0!

My biggest gripe with the FFB feel from the start was the sudden and way to early feel of understeer while cornering. Many corners it would feel like I should be able to turn the wheel farther, but I simply would not because of the feel of understeer. But the light feeling would also be there randomly in situations, where there should be decent load on tires and you should be feeling the tires biting.

Reducing Dynamic Damper Behavior to 0 completely fixed this issue for me. Try it out for yourself and feel the difference. Honestly I think the Dynamic Damping is simply broken in this game.

Here are my complete settings for reference:

Fanatec settings:

- SEN: 900 (I like to keep my muscle memory consistent, when driving different cars)

- FFB: 100

- FF_S: Peak

- NDP: 25 (some base damping against oscillations)

- NFR: 10 (also vs oscillations)

- NIN: 15 (also vs oscillations)

- INT: 1

- FEI: 80 (takes some of the harshness out of FF effects)

- FOR/SPR/DPR: 100

In-Game settings:

- Deadzones Inside: 0

- Deadzones Outside: 100

- Vibration Scale: 30 (above that, the effect is just too much noise for me)

- Force Feedback Scale: 100

- Steering Self-Alignment: 100 (best not mess with this)

- Mechanical Trail Scale: 140 (important for a good steering feel due to suspension)

- Pneumatic Trail Scale: 100 (found this to work just fine on default)

- Road Feel Scale: 30 (personal preference, but for me above 30 the effect is just too much noise from road surface...especially when going high speed on Le Mans and you have to fight for your dear life to keep the car straight)

- Load Sensitivity: 50 (good value to just feel enough of load changes on banking, etc.)

- Wheel Damping Scale: 50 (I like my wheel a bit more heavy, but again this is personal preference...values between 25 and 70 should work as well)

- Center Spring Scale: 0 (only want self-centering from tires and suspension)

- Dynamic Damper Behaviour: 0 (ZERO THIS ONE!)

- Steering Sensitivity: 50

- Steering Linearity: 50

Maybe I still misunderstand something about the Dynamic Damping setting, or maybe it is more realistic with it turned on. I don't know. But without it, it feels near perfect for me now. And you can perfectly feel understeer through the wheel going light, but way way later. My times have immediately improved and driving feels very natural now.

I hope this helps someone dial in their settings.

Cheers!