Fanatec Driver 454 (prev 453 CS DD Release Driver) for CSL, CS and Podium DD WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Playstation 2 ? Works only Speedster or Porsche GT3 RS/Turbo.So far I've dug out all the wheelbases' old firmware so that I can go from Gt5 to Drivclub. The only thing missing is a wheelbase for Playstation 2. And I don't want a Logitech Gt Pro

• Maybe Fanatec build a Retrogame all in one Wheelbase Speedster 4 DD in the Future .Thank you all.

• Is the random stuck in vibration until next event fixed?

• edited November 2023

What do you mean?

That steering wheel vibrations could stay active until the next time they get triggered?

That's fixed for quite some time but with a new FanaLab Version as it was a Lab issue, not a driver or firmware issue.

• edited November 2023

Sorry for the newbie queston, i am never succed with a FW Update, and i am a fresh owner since 3 months only,

The LED is blinking (BLUE) on my CSL DD base All the times i get error message and can't update the firmware

I am freightened a bit now. What should i do? After a base restart seems OK with the old FW

• Hello Maurice!! I didn't upgrade to V452 because I didn't see any advantage. But I heard comments from users who noticed the softer base. In fact I asked if there was any change and you told me no. Placebo effect I assumed. But now I have updated to V453...and I really notice the softer base!!. Is that possible??. Thank you!!!

DD1 ps4

PBME POSCHE

V3

• to you make pc restart before you started firmware update?

• edited November 2023

Yeah that was fixed with FanaLab 2.00.06 some time ago already.

• Is the ffb changed in some games with csl dd 8nm ? I had update the driver and fanalab.

• edited November 2023

Hi Maurice, got a major issue with this new firmware. Anyime I alt-tab out of a game, the FFB completely dies and requires me to reboot the wheelbase(DD2). I have tested in multiuplke games and with multiple rims. Often once I power down the wheelbase the game even crashes entirely or requires me to use task manager to manually shut down also. Something is really wrong.

Was using v451 without issues until today, constrantly alt-tabbing without issue.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD2
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): tested with Formula v2.5x and Porsche Podium button module bundle.
    • Driver Version: v453
    • Base FW Version: 3.0.3.6
    • Motor FW Version: 3.0.0.2
    • Wheel FW Version: 6
    • FanaLab Version: Not installed
    • Tuning Menu settings: Doesn't matter. Was using Auto and 1(same as auto with FFB bumped to 50%)
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else? C: driveive
    • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

I'll need to downgrade back to v451 as I've spent the last hour trying a few games and it doesn't matter what game I try it keeps happening. Largely in Codemasters stuff. I am not sure how to revert back to v451(or if I need to downgrade the updates on the hardware too!), but my gear is unusable if the Force feedback dies so easily all of a sudden and such issues cause crashes. :( :( Been playing everything without issue on v451 too since that released...

Appreciate the help!

Edit: Can confirm this largely impacts Codemasters games. DR2.0, F1, Grid Legends, etc... reproducable in all of them. Meanwhile I tried Forza 8 and did not run into the same issue. I did not try ACC or iRacing yet. DR2.0 and the others will freeze up once I turn off the wheelbase after FFB dies from alt-tab. There is definitely something mucking with how they handle USB devices after this update. I was literally playing F1 and DR2.0 all week with v451 and no issues until v453.

• Thank you Maurice for the fast answer. I use your profiles and therefore for some games MPS in Constant Mode. I never experienced the current problem in the past. But OK, I don’t want to downgrade again to 351 to prove this. For your information, the problem was in IRacing. Do you believe, that all the people using MPS Constant mode would not complain the problem in the past ?

• DD1 with Rally Module and QR2:

1. The Rally Module seems to work now BUT ONLY if I Power the wheel base off and then back on after attaching it.
    2. If i use any other wheel everything is fine. I can swap all other wheels back and forth. But if i swap back to the Rally Module on Podium Hub I need to power the base off again. Then back on to recognize it.
  • I already uninstalled the latest driver. Makes the PC runs on 100% CPU load. Something went wrong guys

• Here exactly the same with driver 453 and new base FW on a CSL DD ... With RFACTOR 2, the FFB is completely canceled after pressing ESC and was on the box ... If you want to go out of the box again The steering no longer ffb and the game crashes a short time later after the RAM suffered ...

Downgrade on 452 + base FW and the FFB and crash problem is gone ...

• Thanks Maurice,

A small issue I've noticed on for at the least the last couple of driver versions... and only because i am playing WRC now.

the "map sequential shifter to shifter paddles" option only works IF the Fanatec control panel has been opened, then it works fine.

I've just put the Fanatec control panel in the startup items for now.

• same problem here with csl elite ps4

when i try to alt tab oe even move to other monitor thatn the main i loose FFB and i must restart rfactro 2

i must go back to previous drivers because 453 are useless

• edited November 2023

Ok, can confirm that reverting back to v451 corrected my issues with games losing FFB and then crashing. I uninstalled v453 and reinstalled v451 from the beta post linked back in May of this year. All is now working once again as intended.

I only concern that I did update all the motor and wheel firmware via v453 for my rims and base(including QR2), so I am not sure if that will impact using v451...though the games I tested again are working fine again without losing FFB when alt-tabbing.

More testing and work is DEFINITELY needed on this v453 release as it seems to cause issues with USB device handling in Windows for sure.

Before I uninstalled v453 I did use the log tool to gather what it needs for error reporting. Pasted below to add to my post from above in case it includes anything else helpful.

Thanks and hope things get corrected, I have a feeling this is not an isolated issue with this update.

• Nice...this nuked FFB in all Forza games. Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Horizon 4 and 5 etc. (Microsoft App; not Steam)

• I m getting this when opening control panel

• there are issue with this driver, probably should not use that

• Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited November 2023

Well driver is instaled firmware ima bit scared to do :P

• I can confirm with others that are losing FFB in Codemaster games. I have had to revert back to v451.

• yep I went back to 452. Will give Fanatec another 2 versions before I update again.

• Same here, DD1 updated to 453 doesn't work with rf2. Losing ffb after escape key.

I reverted back to 452 and everything's fine.

• Luke FlemingLuke Fleming Member
    edited November 2023

same, alt tab out of EA WRC breaks FFB. Back to 452: works fine.

you also need to downgrade Fanalab, luckily uninstalling retains game profiles.

This discussion has been closed.