Fanatec Driver 454 (prev 453 CS DD Release Driver) for CSL, CS and Podium DD WB (all wheels)

Comments

• This Driver 453 does not work with rFactor 2. After the second time you click on drive you have no force feedback. The game does't exit anymore with this driver and the game has big stutters and crashes after some time. I installed driver 452 and everything worked again. Then I installed 453 a second time and all the problems where there again. Now I am on driver 452 as before. I have tested only rFactor 2 with this driver.

Podium DD1 (newest firmware from driver 453)

CS Universal hub, advanced paddle module, QR2

• Thanks guys for the reports of the FFB issues after Alt+Tab out of a game.

This is being investigated with the highest prio to get fixed with a new driver 454 release very soon.

• Thanks for your explanation. I ordered the Black Friday deal, the booster kit with load cell pedal and a QR2. Can I get this running on the 451? Because apparently quite a few problems with installing 453 for some people.

• Can you upload your Log files through the "Collect Logs" feature in the driver and also the versions.xml file for further analysis please?

• I am quite confident that by the time you get your devices delivered we already have a new driver 454 released but yes, 451 would work well for your devices in the meantime.

• I hate to say this, I really want to love Fanatec, I have a lot of money invested in the products I own. However my DD1 keeps frustrating me to the point of giving up racing for MONTHS at a time.

Nothing ever just works as it's supposed to. Drivers/software are a complete mess. It seems my base/wheel(s) brick on the monthly.

Lately I decided to upgrade to 452, it worked without too much issue. Granted I only used it for a day.

I was alerted today in Fanalab that a new driver is out 453. Cool, let's update.

Was about an hour into an AMS2 session and first my shift lifts froze on my button endurance module. Neat. Restart the base and all was good for another 30 mins. Then my shift paddles stopped working. Restart base again and get the dreaded firmware update screen saying "Power off Device". Bla bla bla. I AM SO SICK OF THESE ERRORS.

I cant count how many times I've gotten to the point of feeling that my base and/or combo of wheels are bricked. Last time I was successfully able to roll back firmware on all my hardware to compatible versions after trying a million versions etc.

For whatever reason this time I think I've reached my breaking point. I uninstalled the base from my TR-160 and put it back in the box. I'll likely end up fixing it, again, and selling it so I can get something thats actually reliable.

It would be nice to have a base/wheel combo that just works. I'm so tired of messing around trying to figure out why stuff doesn't work. Kills the fun. Last time I quit racing for six months bc it bricked mid way through a very important race (to me).

• Is it better to get back to 452 or 451 for Some games? F1 23 and Rfactor 2

• Szabolcs DeakSzabolcs Deak Member
    edited November 2023

Hi,

I have been lucky up til now with driver and firmware updates with my CSL DD, which I pre-ordered after announcement, so it's from one of the early batches.

However, with v452 and now v453, I cannot update the WQR firmware. Base firmware upgrade went fine (as usual), but WQR firmware update hangs without even doing anything apart from putting the base into upgrade mode (blinking and transitioning blue-yellow lights on the power button). Because the update hangs at this point, I could safely terminate the process and restart the base, with everything still operational. However, this is probably not a good sign..

I'm on 64 bit Win11, coming from v451.

Could changing the USB port or trying on a different computer make a difference? I'm rather sceptical, because as I said the base firmware update went through OK.

BR,

Szabolcs

• Unfortunately, it is not the first time that a new fanatec driver causes new problems forever ... if I delivered such a work then I would sit in jail a long time ...

It is very sad for such a company ... All the more drivers are being driven out, the more problems arise ... Are the drivers actually tested by your employees beforehand or is it left to the customer to save employees ???

• Fanatec really need to improve their development, testing and release processes. If anything, it's getting worse instead of better.

I completely fail to understand why 452 got released as an official driver when Fanatec knew full well that it would cause major issues for the majority of users and was only required for a tiny sub-set.

Unbelievable that they could follow up with a new version that introduces yet another new issue that is so easily reproduced - it absolutely should have been picked up in testing.

Absolute shit show. Developers and testers should be ashamed. If you can't be arsed testing, at least have the decency to admit that you are releasing these as betas for the community to test - if they choose to. Fanatec are needlessly inconveniencing users through their own incompetence.

• Hello. After installing driver 453, I update the firmware of my DD2 podium correctly, when it goes to update the QR, it asks me to remove the steering wheel, and when the firmware update program appears it asks me to turn off the wheel, logically, from there It doesn't happen, because the wheel is turned off..... so I can't update to version 7 of the QR.

• Don't upgrade to this version. It's broken. Stay on your current version until a fix arrives.

• Once updated to the new driver, I have experienced the same problems of losing FFB in rFactor 2 and in WRC23, so I have downgrade to 451 again (too bad, the latest version of Fanalab does not even work with this driver). Is it necessary to downgrade the firmware of my podium dd2? thanks in advance

• I noticed this as well when the Alt Tabbing/loss of FFB bug occurs my ram usage slowly but surely maxes out in EA WRC. It normally sits around 13000MB while playing but after a minute or 2 of the game running with the FFB/Alt tab bug my ram usage will max out at my full 32000MB of ram. After rolling back my drivers to v451 I no longer have either the alt tab/FFB loss bug or the ram usage climbing, but I can no longer open Fanalab because I unfortunately got the latest version after getting the v453 driver and im worried that if I uninstall it and reinstall a compatible version like 1.63.6 I'll end up losing all my wheelbase settings.

• what happens with my profiles in fanalab. Are they gone?

• I have no problem with the new driver 453. Neither with alt tab in RF2 or Iracing or ACC nor any other problems. My recently reported issue with MPS constant mode in Iracing is apparently an old well known problem in same games. With my games AMS2 and RRE I have the alt tab problem, but this was also before the driver update and this is all well known weakness of these games. I have also updated Fanalab to the latest version without any problem. I have not installed the tray beta app.

Win11 23H2 latest update, DD1 Base Firmware 3.0.3.6, BMW M4 GT3 Wheel Firmware 9.

• improve test process ?? I hardly think that something is being tested, otherwise you would never have published this and other drivers ... The customer is used for testing and wasted his time to do work for a company ...

• So you have been living with the FFB problem for a long time and justify it that it is due to the game although it is a driver problem ... This is exactly why nothing will change at Fanatec, since you prefer fanboys with mistakes and excuses and always Again lets the consolidated ... this error is not new and has been known since 2019 and is hotly debated in some forums ...

• The Alt+Tab issue is a new issue which came with a new dll file for the FFB which was related to some FullForce stuff and was first introduced with driver 453, so it is not a long time issue.

The root cause was identified and fixed and is currently in internal testing.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited November 2023

for me was much worse than just a Alt+Tab, everything seemed just fine but when go drive a car, game crashed with some abnormal error.

so forget that alt+tab thing , there is something deeper happens at there with directx and ffb

• Do you really think what you write, Maurice ?? The error is brand new? lol

In some forums, this problem was already discussed in 2019 and found that it will be triggered by new drivers .. and this a fanboy has also written that he has been living with this problem for a long time and not only since driver 453, but it finds it normal and with it lives...

From a statement about statement, you will always take more unbelievable and not serious ... Do you not come to your own deliberate yourself to distract yourself to distract from your mistakes ???

• The root cause was still the FFB dll.

So all weird issues should be fixed with the next driver where the dll change is reverted.

• it is little odd because it look like it does work, but same time at some-point it crash. maybe there is some typo somewhere in code what causes that

• Well, at least one ...

Why did there have been the problems long before and have to do with new drivers again and again ??? I'm sorry, but then I prefer to believe the users who have these problems, look for solutions and not always find excuses and justify the incompetence of the company ...

Through these users I was able to narrow down the error quickly and be able to fix it within 10 minutes ... you don't want to see your mistakes or you can't ??? If it weren't so sad, you could laugh about it ...

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited November 2023

another behavior what this driver can todo is , it may make your csl dd wheel spin to left side like propeller, lucky that its not a dd2 -.-

so yeah this 453 is kaput, don't use that

• Right, I was able to experience the experience yesterday after the game crashed and the steering wheel is going crazy ... Happiness If you don't hurt yourself ...

The sad thing is that this driver is still ready for download on the website, even though it is a disaster ... unbelievable

This discussion has been closed.