Clubsport DD emitting coil-whine like sound

Comments

• Me too. Do you get the Mail with the sending Informations?

• I received mine today and only noticed the issue after coming across this thread. My base makes a very faint whine noise but can only tell if I listen very closely and put my head close to it. Assuming this is normal or is this the same issue you’re all having?

• Was able to confirm the noise. With the base on there’s a noise in the 16khz range. When the base is powered off it disappears. In my normal seating position, it’s a little under 20db. This is a screenshot of my phone right next to the base where you can clearly see the noise.

• Not yet as I have asked some questions before sending them my base.

• Ah ok. I sent my Base this morning to the Fanatec Support. I will see what happen. They say it will repaired... i hope for a new one... 😐

• Still waiting on a response from support.

Did they mention how long it would take to repair the base?

• Little Update from me... i get my CS DD back today from the repair. Now it is silent and works fine. I sent it back last Tuesday, on Thursday DHL delivers to Fanatec and today UPS delviers my repaired CS DD.

Yes the Support-Form and the first Mail Contact was not so fast, but 1 week for the repair is very fast and good. I live in Germany, so i think that was a fast and good one.

Big thanks to Fanatec now im an happy customer again! :)

• Glad your turnaround time was quick! Mine arrived at their service center on the 15th. Hoping it gets fixed and sent back soon.

• Received my replacement. They ended up sending me a new one, which seems to have a mild coil whine as well. Will stick with it for now.

• Hi,

I've the same issue with a Clubsport DD+ I received yesterday. I did a ticket to support for RMA and just realized while testing in game that the sound increase while I press the pedal (brake/throttle).

So summup the sound is very low (i didn't pay attention first) when i'm not in game, just launching the base then it's increasing in game while i press the pedal (whistle louder)

Did you get the same thing ?

• ahahah, it seems Fanatec is awfull :)

• Fun story:

I ordered a CSL GT Pro wheelbase 1.5 years ago, after about half a year it got an awful coil whine and i contacted support. It got repaired.

After a few days the repaired base started whining again, not that loud but still loud enough to be annoying.

So I decided to buy the new CS DD, let the old one repair again and sell it. Unfortunately I had to wait 2 months because of the bad availability of QR2.

Now I got my new CS DD.. and guess what... exactly it has coil whine as well.

• Fanatec, you really need to up your QA. It’s a simple as checking for coil whine before packaging for release.

• You can not check EVERY base for that I guess.

Also they know the root cause and try to fix it in production for the next batches already.

• Is this is a widespread or very common issue? Just ordered a CS DD and really hoping I don't have an issue out of the box! I wonder what percentage of people are experiencing this...or if the batches they are shipping now have the issue addressed.

• edited February 18

Good morning

I received my dd+ on Thursday and while testing it on Friday I also had this noise "like the wind blowing" in my base. I'm disgusted, I'm going to write a post to resolve this problem.

• Julien AntonyJulien Antony Member
    edited February 19

Just adding my 2 cents. It seems it is not an isolated issue. I received the dd+ on the 15th February, and it also has the noise issue. But it is not only the noise, you can't also feel something wrong in the wheel when it is whining (small constant vibration that kills the immersion).

I hope the support is well aware of those issues and that they can provide replacement or fix

• Maurice random question got my DD+ Extream and it has coil whine but only only very quiet if i pit my eat to the unit

would this be considered normal?

am just asking as am presuming super quite coil whine would be in tolerance

or should that also be RMA

• edited February 23

My DD+ received yesterday did not have any noise but today it randomly have whine noise (like whistling and always changing). It is not TOO loud but also not very quiet. Easy to hear anywhere in the room because its so high pitch. Performance feels good, don't think it affects performance.

I think I will wait and use it until things calm down with Fanatec, and they have new batches then I will have to RMA and hope they replace it, it is VERY annoying.

Hmmm interesting, I turned it on just now and it is pretty quiet. No whine. But after it warms up a little bit, the whine comes back. the more I use, and warmer it gets, more it whines. It's like metal expansion from heat and that does something and it starts whining. What do people think it might be?

• I'm also in the CS DD+ club coil whine and vibrations. Ticket opened.

• Guys mine is quiet but after an hour driving I get mild coil whine when it’s warm. U need to listen closely it’s not loud. Is this normal? It’s not that noticeable.

only got it a week ago.

• I presume no one cares anymore on could whine 🫣

• Has anyone else got there repaired unit back and if so how is it now?

• Hello everyone.

I received my Clubsport DD base (12Nm) in February.

Notice a slight hiss when you turn it on, very slight. No problem...

Yesterday, playing Forza Motorsport on the Xbox Series during a session of 5 hours +-, I verified that the whistling had increased considerably, I even noticed some strange effect on the steering wheel in some sharp or sudden turns.

I would like to start the process of repairing or replacing it.

Can someone tell me how to make the ticket?

Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I use Google Translator