FanaLab 2.01.45 Release (prev .35 rc) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited August 5

FanaLab 2.01.45

Changelog since 2.01.35

• Added picture for ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2023™ in the alternative flyout.
    • Added picture for ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS5™ in the alternative flyout.
    • Added new CarsList for LMU (new: BMW M Hybrid V8, Lamborghini SC63, 2024 Peugeot 9X8; changed: a lot of IDs and car names according to latest game update).
    • Fixed LEDs not working in iRacing when variable RPM value is lower than constant idle RPM value.
    • Fixed unresponsive area on "Exe detection" in add custom game dialog.
    • Fixed BME ITM Screen not disabled when ITM is disabled in the UI.
    • Fixed high occurence of missed shifts when FanaLab is running.
    • Another approach to fix ITM freezes after some time of driving.
    • UI now stores FAV-ID on disabling ITM in the UI and restores the UI on enabling.

Downoad

• FINALLY we managed to release a new FanaLab version which adds support for the new LMU 2024 cars, so I can now also finally share my newest profile pack with profiles for them with you!

Changelog:

• Added new LMU profiles for the 2024 cars:
      • BMW M Hybrid V8
      • Lamborghini SC63
    • Updated the RevLEDs according to the latest LMU game update for the following cars:
      • Corvette C8.R GTE
      • Ferrari 488 GTE Evo
    • Updated the FFB settings for every LMU profile

The profiles are only compatible with FanaLab V2.01.32 or newer and are incompatible with older Lab versions.

As always: Hope you like and have fun with them :)

• Wooww finally. Thanks. We were waiting for it!!

• edited August 5

sorry , but i dont understand,

the 2024 Peugeot 9X8 is incluse in the new "Maurice'FanaLab Profils - V02.01.45" ?

• edited August 5

Yes, it uses the same everything as the "old" 9X8. Same FFB, same LEDs.

No special change other than the new CarsList for profile binding required.

• Maurice on your Fanalab profile notes for CS DD+ For LMU Under Feedback Settings:

You have

Force Feedback strength: 70%

Car Specific Force Feedback Strength: 125% for the Toyota GR010, 100% for everything else ?

Is the car Specific Force feedback to be ignored and use just 70% for everything now as at least for me I dont have this option any more ?

• Thanks again Maurice! The profiles work quite well, just a few minor tweaks for my personal preference is about it.

I especially appreciate that the LEDs for each car match up in iRacing, so it saves me so much time trying to figure that all out. 😊

Cheers! 🍻

• Hello Maurice can you tell me what i have to change with your profiles for LMU with the CS DD 12nm? Can i use the CS DD+ profiles also ?

• Hey Remco,

i use the DD+ profiles on my CS DD 12NM. Only change for now : Ingame FFB Setting is on 90% so i match around the 10.5 NM

explanation: DD+ FFB 70% ingame and 100% Fanalab. So when i use 70% of 15NM i Match around 10.5NM. And for 12NM you are around 87-90% to match 10.5 - 10.9NM)

Maybe i´m wrong but it feels so far okay for me. Except the bmw hybrid v8 seems to be a little to easy on the wheel side

• Oké thanks I Will try that. For me the profiles with the dd 12nm feels very weak. Do you use the fanalab dynamic ffb settings of the profiles?

What are your ffb settings in game?

• hey Remco,

so far i can say the profile for the lmp2 is strong enough.

for the bmw lmp it is to weak (for me) sadly the studio kills the vehicle ffb settings so i think i need to adjust the profile a little bit.

i use the per vehicle profiles from Maurice, cause in my optionen they are pretty balanced and very good. Most of the time i don´t change anything in the profiles.

Ingame Settings (read from Top to bottom cause of language differences)

FFB options

1. ON
    2. OFF
    3. 12 (tried 24 cause of some reddit users but i don´t think its necessary any more)
    4. 88% ( depends a little and sometimes i change it to 90%)
    5. 4 (i think 1 is better but for the new profiles i goes with the recommend settings from Maurice)
    6. 0,0%

advanced FFB

1. 80%
    2. 100%

changes

1. Off
  • Hi Maurice Böschen  maybe being a tad stupid here are you doing profile updates for CSL DD or they just same as last times?

also will you be doing any EA WRC?

MTIA

Pete

• Nope, I only create profiles for P DD and CS DD, not CSL DD.

And no, I dont like EA WRC so I wont spent time to create profiles for this game.

• Maurice any plan to make profiles for Forza Motorsport?

• First time commenting about Fanalab, been using it for a few months - love it.

I have a DD2 and Formula 2.5x wheel. I play iRacing.

I wanted to bring the Porsche 963 GTP Traction lights onto my wheel but Im seeing that they are not available? Same for Wheel Lock/Spin. This car has 2 light bars in the car that display this, but my FOV has me tighter in so I cannot see all of them and wanted to bring them to my wheel.

Are these not something you can grab from the API?

Porsche-963-GTP-Manual-V2.pdf (iracing.com)

I would think we could bring the Wheel Lock up and TC lights onto our wheels. Not possible?

• edited August 13

As you can read in the official Telemetry support list, which is included with every FanaLab download, TC, Lock and Spin all are not supported by the Lab. This is because iRacing does not output this info in their Telemetry API due to anti-cheat measures.

• Hi Maurice,

thanks as always for your great profiles!!!

I have the DD1, is there a way, to make this step "Calculation to adapt FFB settings to DD1: Tuning Menu FFB value of the Base multiplied with 1.25 (e.g. FFB 60 x 1.25 = FFB 75). No need to adjust in game settings." at one glance for all profiles?

As I understand, it needs to be changed for every imported profile per car manually. With every update of your profiles, this needs to be done from beginning, new? Or do I understand something wrong?

Thx!

• Is it possible to edit Maurice profiles, so we can turn up the power a bit on the weaker cheaper CSL DD ? Mainly looking at turning up the natural damper a bit ?

• Yes, of course you can, they are not locked in any way.

• edited August 16

Hi. I have a cheapest bundle.. csl dd + csl steering wheel p1 v2. I updated the fanalab to a newest version 2.01.45, and led light in my wheel stopped work. I've tried everything to put it back to work but it was pointless. The solution was go back to version 2.01.12.

Is there anyone who had a similar issue?

edit: I forgot to write that before fanalab update, I updated fanatec driver to version 457.

• I asked "Is it possible to edit Maurice profiles, so we can turn up the power a bit on the weaker cheaper CSL DD ? Mainly looking at turning up the natural damper a bit ?", Brent answered yes, so next question is how ? I load the profile, but seemed to be unable to change any of Maurice values? Brent says its not locked, but appears to be so, I am obviously missing something.

• How are you loading the profile? What version of Fanalabs are you using?

Screenshots might help to understand whats going on.

Also, The profiles are for a DD1/2, or CS DD+. Not for a CSL DD. So youd have to load the profile, acknowledge the warning that the profile was created using a different wheel/base, SAVE THE PROFILE, then you can edit it

Once you have your own 'version' of the profile, you should be able to change it

• Maurice - thank you for all the work and effort you continue to do for this app. It would not be the same without you. I greatly appreciate it

• Hello everyone

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian (but Google Translate is my friend ;-) ).

I own a CSL DD 8Nm ...

after having performed the latest Driver updates (457 Release Candidate) plus Firmware Update (on the "Fanatec Control Panel"), I then also installed the update to version "2.01. 45 - Release FanaLab", the one found in the first post on the first page of this discussion.

Having done all this, now I have a big problem ...

FanaLab doesn't work anymore ... I start it, it opens, but after only 2/3 seconds it closes and therefore it is not usable and I can't do all the various settings, but above all I can't start the simulators connected to this application (in this period iRacing).

I also tried to install the old versions, but nothing, it doesn't work anymore ... same problem.

Does anyone have an idea what could have happened???

• edited August 17

Sounds like one xml file got screwed up.

Delete the xml folder in your AppData folder (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab) and start the Lab again.

From which Lab version did you upgraded?

• Marco EliseiMarco Elisei Member
    edited August 17

I followed your advice and did the "simple" operation of deleting the folder that you indicated and, at least for now, FanaLab works again.

THANK YOU very much, you were very kind as well as "fast" in responding.

I wish you a good evening.

Bye.

P.S. Im sorry for my english.

• Hello everyone,

unfortunately for me it is the same... Also when I load the "recommended settings" for ACC - like I always did in the previous build and it worked perfectly - the control settings ingame are somehow completely messed up and nothing responds. Reassigning solved that issue, so not a big deal... When on track the first time, the ingame car hud also had weired graphical glitches for a few seconds and then the LEDs were off. Using the Led Settings of one of Maurice's profiles works for the LEDs. What is also super strange, since using the new version, the FFB works fine for about 5 to 10 minutes and then starts feeling very soft and strange in places. Changing the track leads to the same sensation. I hope it's not the base, but without using fanalab, that behavior is gone. I will also try to test this with the older build.

I'm also on a 8nm Csl DD and a F1 Esports V2.

Thanks for your work and good day.