Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• Well, I like the silver better than the red and yellow at least!
  • 2 week :!! I'm looking forward to the day the invoice arrives by email
  • Soooo... I don't have Facebook but I had a buddy check out the comment section on the "We're shipping" post. It doesn't seem to mention anything but the PS4 bundle. Are the standard Podium bases shipping too?
  • Soooo... I don't have Facebook but I had a buddy check out the comment section on the "We're shipping" post. It doesn't seem to mention anything but the PS4 bundle. Are the standard Podium bases shipping too?
    Haven't been able to get an answer from anyone yet.
  • The answer I read is that our DD1s and DD2s are on a slow boat from China while the PS4 Podium DD has been advanced by air hence why they are receiving them before us.
  • edited April 2019
    Well that's disappointing...
  • We're all frustrated b
    The answer I read is that our DD1s and DD2s are on a slow boat from China while the PS4 Podium DD has been advanced by air hence why they are receiving them before us.
    Where did you read this? Why would they put PS4 bundles ahead of DD1 & DD2?
  • We're all frustrated b
    The answer I read is that our DD1s and DD2s are on a slow boat from China while the PS4 Podium DD has been advanced by air hence why they are receiving them before us.
    Where did you read this? Why would they put PS4 bundles ahead of DD1 & DD2?

They were behind schedule with the PS4 podium, if they sent the podium via boat it would have been delayed past the end of the month, so to ensure everyone got them by the end of the month they had to air freight them over, this ment they actually got here before the DD1/2 which where already on their way by boat.so their option was to hold shipping for all customers until the end of the month or ship what has already landed and then ship the rest when it arrives. That’s what has been implied by Thomas in the new post at the top of the blog page.
  • 10 days left :)  

i have located the container ship with our dd´s, its already landed in habor today.
    ship name: HongKongExpress!
    just joking, i have no clue, im just killing the time.... :)

• Breaking News the Boat with the wheels Sank!!! Look you can see the wheels in the water.. Oooooh Nooooo!!!!!
  • I haven't seen anything mentioned about the pre order delay compensation wheels. Does anyone know if they'll be in the shipment with the original order or if they'll come later? Any DD1\DD2 folks get thier shipment notification yet?
  • I haven't seen anything mentioned about the pre order delay compensation wheels. Does anyone know if they'll be in the shipment with the original order or if they'll come later? Any DD1\DD2 folks get thier shipment notification yet?
    There wont be any free compensation wheel. This plan was changed into a general voucher code with a value of 350€.
    Every customer, who was affected by the delay, should have got this voucher got which is valid until 07.12.2019.
    The compensation wheel you speak about is the F1 2019 limited edition wheel which should be available in June or July according to a comment of Thomas a few weeks ago.
    There wont be any free compensation wheel. This plan was changed into a general voucher code with a value of 350€.
    Every customer, who was affected by the delay, should have got this voucher got which is valid until 07.12.2019.
    The compensation wheel you speak about is the F1 2019 limited edition wheel which should be available in June or July according to a comment of Thomas a few weeks ago.
    This is news to me, the email I got originally stated we had a choice of getting the wheel or accepting a voucher, I replied that I wanted the wheel. If this has changed then Fanatec should have sent an email to all stating this. Being one who ordered the DD2 wheel base on day one of the preorder release and now seeing customers receiving there PS4 wheels first, then having my Podium Advanced padels kit be delayed so that PS4 customers can get theirs first even though I ordered mine be for the PS4 base was released for preorder, now you're telling me that Fanatec is not going to honor the offer they made for the wheel as well! I have tried to give Fanatec the benefit of doubt, but if this is true I can defend them no longer. I don't know what's happening within this company, but it's not the same one I choose to support many years ago and sink over 6K into purchasing their products. Really said to see, but glad to know what to expect going forward before spending any more money here.
  • Paul WalkerPaul Walker Member
    edited April 2019
    I haven't seen anything mentioned about the pre order delay compensation wheels. Does anyone know if they'll be in the shipment with the original order or if they'll come later? Any DD1\DD2 folks get thier shipment notification yet?
    This is news to me, the email I got originally stated we had a choice of getting the wheel or accepting a voucher, I replied that I wanted the wheel. If this has changed then Fanatec should have sent an email to all stating this. Being one who ordered the DD2 wheel base on day one of the preorder release and now seeing customers receiving there PS4 wheels first, then having my Podium Advanced padels kit be delayed so that PS4 customers can get theirs first even though I ordered mine be for the PS4 base was released for preorder, now you're telling me that Fanatec is not going to honor the offer they made for the wheel as well! I have tried to give Fanatec the benefit of doubt, but if this is true I can defend them no longer. I don't know what's happening within this company, but it's not the same one I choose to support many years ago and sink over 6K into purchasing their products. Really said to see, but glad to know what to expect going forward before spending any more money here.

They did send an email, with the voucher code (removed below) on 7th December titled "ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019 voucher alternative" that read like this:

Dear valued customer,

Having listened to your recent feedback regarding the free ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019, we are expanding the offer to a general voucher of the same value (349.95€) that can be used in our webshop for any product purchase.

This voucher can be used immediately, and with any combination of products of any value, although it cannot be applied to our discounted bundles. Please note: the voucher can only be used once. Therefore we recommend that you apply the voucher to an order value of 349.95€ or above, as it is still considered to be ‘fully used’ if applied to an order of a lower value.

You can still wait for the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019 if you prefer. And if you use the general voucher at any stage before the launch of the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019, you will still receive ‘VIP access’ that guarantees the chance to place a separate order for this limited edition wheel.

Your unique voucher code is: **************

Best regards,

Team Fanatec

Mine ended up being in my spam filter so I retrieved it quickly.

Since then Thomas, Dominic and Maurice have all clarified that the F1 Wheel 2019 will be offered to those that pre-ordered and got the voucher and that you would be able to use the voucher to order the F1 Wheel 2019 and would get the opportunity to do so as a VIP, so before it went available to the general public.

They are still honouring their pledge, but as the wheel would not be available until June/July, it's a good option to get the DD1/2 earlier rather than wait for shipment of the F1 wheel 2019 to get your Podium base IMHO.

The address that the email was sent to was a no-reply address so if you replied like you said, then it would have gone nowhere.
  • Wesley StokesWesley Stokes Member
    edited April 2019
    I haven't seen anything mentioned about the pre order delay compensation wheels. Does anyone know if they'll be in the shipment with the original order or if they'll come later? Any DD1\DD2 folks get thier shipment notification yet?

They did send an email, with the voucher code (removed below) on 7th December titled "ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019 voucher alternative" that read like this:

Dear valued customer,

Having listened to your recent feedback regarding the free ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019, we are expanding the offer to a general voucher of the same value (349.95€) that can be used in our webshop for any product purchase.

This voucher can be used immediately, and with any combination of products of any value, although it cannot be applied to our discounted bundles. Please note: the voucher can only be used once. Therefore we recommend that you apply the voucher to an order value of 349.95€ or above, as it is still considered to be ‘fully used’ if applied to an order of a lower value.

You can still wait for the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019 if you prefer. And if you use the general voucher at any stage before the launch of the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019, you will still receive ‘VIP access’ that guarantees the chance to place a separate order for this limited edition wheel.

Your unique voucher code is: **************

Best regards,

Team Fanatec

Mine ended up being in my spam filter so I retrieved it quickly.

Since then Thomas, Dominic and Maurice have all clarified that the F1 Wheel 2019 will be offered to those that pre-ordered and got the voucher and that you would be able to use the voucher to order the F1 Wheel 2019 and would get the opportunity to do so as a VIP, so before it went available to the general public.

They are still honouring their pledge, but as the wheel would not be available until June/July, it's a good option to get the DD1/2 earlier rather than wait for shipment of the F1 wheel 2019 to get your Podium base IMHO.

The address that the email was sent to was a no-reply address so if you replied like you said, then it would have gone nowhere.

Thanks Paul for the clarification, in Maurice post he stated "There wont be any free compensation wheel. This plan was changed into a general voucher code with a value of 350€.
    The compensation wheel you speak about is the F1 2019 limited edition wheel which should be available in June or July according to a comment of Thomas a few weeks ago.". I guess with all the backward issues around my purchases reading this was just the last straw. When I find a product I like and have a need for it, I don't minding spending the money to purchase it, but there has to be trust and faith with the company or I shop else where. Up until this point I had complete faith in the company, but so much has gone wrong in the last 12 months. I did email support on my issues but no response yet and then saw this post this morning.

edited April 2019
    FYI, I just got my The ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 VIP exclusive access email and pre-ordered one right away :) Your time is here Wesley :)
  • Wesley StokesWesley Stokes Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Paul for the clarification, in Maurice post he stated "There wont be any free compensation wheel. This plan was changed into a general voucher code with a value of 350€.
    The compensation wheel you speak about is the F1 2019 limited edition wheel which should be available in June or July according to a comment of Thomas a few weeks ago.". I guess with all the backward issues around my purchases reading this was just the last straw. When I find a product I like and have a need for it, I don't minding spending the money to purchase it, but there has to be trust and faith with the company or I shop else where. Up until this point I had complete faith in the company, but so much has gone wrong in the last 12 months. I did email support on my issues but no response yet and then saw this post this morning.
    edited April 2019

@WesleyStokes Funky Colours, brightens everything up too, I like it :)

check your email inbox or login to your account, you'll be able to see the F1 2019 LE wheel …

Regarding having faith, I have been a customer since Blinky knows when with CSW v1.5, v2 and 9 wheel rims, shifter hand brake and CSW v2 and 3 and now 3i today.

One thing I have found with them is that the customer service may appear slow and sometimes unresponsive, but they always deliver on their promises, sometimes much later than expected, but they always deliver and they always make things right!

I can't think of any other company of their size (SMB) that have not delivered on time AND then compensated so highly effectively 23% of the value of my DD2 pre-order and 35% of DD1 pre-orders.

They even gave me a decent discount when I ordered the initial bundle of 2 rims, CSW1 a shifter and CSP v2s way back when!

So in summary, given their size, I think their professionalism outweighs their lateness. After all the delay of the DD1/2 was because they found a fault that 'might' affect a lot of buyers, so they sucked up the expense and remade them...

I get your frustration but I have only ever been compensated by much larger companies previously for errors and delays, companies that can afford to compensate... Fanatec's numbers must have been hit hard recently due to rehashing the DD1/2 and having to air freight the PS4 bundles to keep their promised deadline.... which they have managed to beat by a couple of weeks.

Anyhoo… just my take on a bigger picture

• @PaulWalker, thanks for the response and support, sometimes all it takes is a listening ear to calm ones fears and concerns.
  • Whoa, didn't mean to stir all that up! I got my answer in an email I just received though. Early Access to order the rim and a voucher code. Bonus: 1$ copy of F1 2019! I looked back and saw there was a voucher code in the 7Dec email. I wanted the wheel so I wasn't concerned with getting a voucher and disregarded the email at the time.
  • @PaulWalker, thanks for the response and support, sometimes all it takes is a listening ear to calm ones fears and concerns.

SO... the big question is.... have you ordered the wheel ?

Matthew A. DePriest said:

Whoa, didn't mean to stir all that up! I got my answer in an email I just received though. Early Access to order the rim and a voucher code. Bonus: 1$ copy of F1 2019! I looked back and saw there was a voucher code in the 7Dec email. I wanted the wheel so I wasn't concerned with getting a voucher and disregarded the email at the time.
    LMAO.... light blue touch paper and.....

It is fun though right? helps with the waiting :)
  • Yes, just got the email a few minutes ago, thanks.
  • and now my DD2 has been shipped... what a great day,... will get Monday/Tuesday as in the UK … trust and faith? Always!
  • edited April 2019
    I confirm that too. On my fanatec account it says that my DD1 is shipped, but no tracking number yet. Luckily I upgrade yesterday different shipping days time. :)) (I’m in Chicago). Now who is going to sleep in there 3 days???. ~X( —-—half hour after —-— UPDATE..... trucking number received. April 30 by the end of the day..... yesssss thank you Thomas.. :)>-
  • Got a tracking number looks like it's coming wednesday :\">
  • That was supposed to be a happy face
  • Wow you guys are lucky to get notification. Here in Australia the silence is deafening.  
  • Wow you guys are lucky to get notification. Here in Australia the silence is deafening.  
    Yep, we always get everything last!
  • Could we get an update on the situation in Australia please? Will they be shipped today?
  • Mine Shipped today. I'm in Australia.