Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• Yep, I apologize. I was mixing up someone else’s on this thread with yours. So far I really like your settings. I also think its better overall but I just want a little more something in the slow corners and can’t seem to figure out how to get it.

• Louis PassaroLouis Passaro Member
    edited May 2022

The high speed corners are so much better.

I’m concerned about the note in the manual about setting SPR to off. I have left it at 100% until the official recommended settings are updated. If they get updated.

• SPR has no effect in GT7 so it Doesnt matter if you set it to 100 or OFF, it feels exactly the same.

edited May 2022

How do you know? The manual has a note about the motor overheating if set to over 100% and calibration problems set to off. Are they referencing if the games use SPR then it would be a possible problem?

• Which manual?

SPR is only used by a veeeeery few games. 99% of the games nowadays do not use it, only Forza uses it AFAIK. On console no other game uses the SPR channel and the base definitely will never ever overheat when turning it off. You must confuse this heavily with something else.

edited May 2022

The DD Pro manual. Says if off it cannot be calibrated and over 100% overheating is possible.

”IMPORTANT: If Spring is adjusted to low values or OFF, the wheel base will not be able to move the attached steering wheel to the correct centre position after a centre calibration is performed. Only adjust these values higher than 100% if the FFB effects are not strong enough and weaker in comparison to other games. Raising one or more of these values may result in higher load on the motor and increase heat generation.”

• edited May 2022

That part of the manual refers to center calibration, not in game and the Text is very misleading and incorrect. It can still be calibrated just fine...

And yes when you set it ABOVE 100 then of course it can cause Clipping when the game uses the SPR Signal but as I said only Forza games use the SPR channel. GT7 is NOT using SPR so you can set it to OFF, to 100 or even 120. It wont make ANY difference.

So use whatever value you want for SPR, it will always feel the same and behave the same and there is of course zero risk in any kind of overheating whatsoever.

• Ok, thank you again.

• Firstly I’m on Podium DD, if you look back thru this thread you’ll see an image of my set up for reference.

On first start, I thought my wheel had broken it was so light. I have messed about with settings etc and I’m happy to say my podium feels the nutz and way better than before the update.

However, I can fully appreciate the DD Pro users problem. The new settings are far too light as we know, on the podium we obviously have more force available within the base.

Below are my current settings, I wouldn’t say these are my final settings, as it’s work in progress, hope they help someone.

if I don’t list a value for a specific setting below, this means that setting is off and unused.

SENS:Auto

FFB:27

FF SCALE: Peak

NDP: 23

NFR: 10

INT:1

FEI:100

FOR:120

BLI & BRF is your own preference, I don’t have problems with steering, my braking is what lets my times down, I am working on it but means I’m not the best person to be advising anyone of brake settings ;)

Good luck and hope the DD Pro users find a work around or they fix it right away, worries me what they will break when they fix it lol

• edited May 2022

When you use FFB 27 now... How low did you run it before?!

Because 27 is... Extremely low and only gives you Peaks of 5.4Nm which is even weaker than a 8Nm GT DD PRO and even 8Nm GT DD PRO users are still complaining about too weak resistance?!

• Does anyone know if this update affects the CSL Elite + wheel base?

• Hi Maurice

previously I was running FFB at 21/22 with force on 100

in game settings I was on max torque of 5, never above that but I’m now on 10, it’s never been there before.

considering the above, after the update I’ve had to double the output from the game, put the force up to 120 and increase the FFB 5 to 6 settings higher to get remotely close the the force I had before.

i was setting a lap time around Monza of 1.49,090 but was struggling to get into the 1.48s. With the settings above I’m hitting 1.48.4 now and I believe I can hit 1.47s with some more seat time.

are you on a Podium or DD Pro ?

• I also feel adding the correct amount of DPR and NFR together adds weight and a realistic feel to the wheel.

a lot of people are dead against using DPR but with the new update, it’s the only way to add some more wheel weight.

• buonasera…

con questo ultimo aggiornamento di GT7 il mio DDPRO 8 è diventato praticamente un g29 a cinghia…

potete postare dei setting specifici per ddpro 8 perché quelli di pagina 1 sono totalmente inutili adesso!!!

• And here is what PD have to say about this "better" FFB 🤣

We confirmed an issue where certain steering wheel controller and vehicle combinations would cause excessively strong force feedback vibrations which could result in injury, and so we greatly reduced the force feedback/torque as a temporary emergency measure on those specific steering wheels.*

However, this is only a temporary solution and we are working to improve performance and implement more suitable force feedback sensitivity for each controller through a future update.

*Adjusted steering wheel controllers:

・Thrustmaster T-GT

・FANATEC Podium

・FANATEC GT DD Pro

• Hugo VranicHugo Vranic Member
    edited May 2022

Thanks for the information!

I couldn't be happier with the new FFB. If they increase strength, I'll just have to lower my torque setting - and I really hope they don't touch anything else.

PS5, Fanatec 440 beta firmware, 8 Nm.

Standard tuning settings but NDP Off and INT 6.

10/10 in-game.

• FFS, I have DDPro 8Nm (439), when I put settings from Mou I can't feel shit, it looks like car is floating... There is no resistance in my F1 Esports wheel at all 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Something's seriously bugged for many people.

Are you on 440 and PS5 as I am? I like Maurice's settings but prefer my own, for more transparency and quickness. No matter what I feel much more connected to the road and chassis than ever before. Now I can run an entire daily race C with the Super Formula with every single lap in the low 1:25.xxx, catching slides and being in full control. It's super fun. Before the FFB was totally numb as soon as the tyres started slipping, which is every corner in a high downforce car.

• edited May 2022

Nope, 439 and PS5. Did you try any gr4 or gr3 car?

I am pretty sure that PD didn't work on wheels behavior anything more then just drasticly reduced the power as they said. And they even didn't tested it on other cars outside those tomahawks who try to beake your arms when you driving them more than 400km/h 🤣

• Yes, it's overall significantly weaker than before, but the numbness when cornering is gone.

Getting rid of that numbness is a bigger change for me than moving from G29 to GT DD Pro.

"Numbness": sensation of clipping, there's just a heavy spring effect towards middle and nothing else.

• Use purple compatibility with the recommended settings for the dd pro. Feels great imo.

• The compatibility mode feels bad...

It has strength, yes, but it has oscillations and it has ZERO FFB in High speed corners, just a constant spring..

• I'm getting the impression that people like this. Maybe they just want so much resistance when cornering that they can't physically steer beyond a certain point, instead of having to feel what's going on and control the vehicle.

I don't know, just speculating.

• More resistance gives me a better feeling when the car understeer or oversteer, which improves control of the car. It's fun to feel the bumps on the track, but it doesn't help me control the car better and be fast. That's why I choose the resistance over to the feeling of bumps.

• It sounds like the SoP effect (seat of pants, simulation of g-forces) is entirely gone for you. That sounds wrong. I don't only feel bumps, but increased spring effect towards middle when cornering as well. Or maybe you just need a little while to adapt.

• I have no intention of adapting to something that is broken!😉

• Of course it's not 'better', it was obviously broken - people posting to use SPR 120, lol. Yeah, just amplifying the game raw signals is helping because they've crippled the strength to death, not to improve it, but to prevent a bug from injuring people until they manage to fix it properly. I am also using those absolutely terrible settings currently because the alternative is every car is a wet noodle.

This should not be happening with game that the DD Pro is literally licensed for... :(