FanaLab 2.01.12 Release - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Hi,

I received my CS DD yesterday, and so far, everything is ok and works well without any issues. But of course, I have some questions about profiles :)

1/ Every new recommended profiles for the CS DD put the FFB at 85%. Just to know, in the past I had understood that you have to put lower FFB for DD1/DD2, but because the CS DD is 12 Nm, is there any good reason to not put FFB to 100 % ? for keeping fidelity, headroom, or something else maybe ?

2/ Is Maurice working on some wonderful presets for the CS DD ?

3/ Coming from a Csl DD 8 Nm, I had the habit to switch between peak and linear mod depending if i'm tired or just lazy :) But now on the CS DD, this option doesn't exist anymore. It's maybe a silly question, but is there a way to tweak a preset to have the same difference than before between linear and peak ? 

4/ Not sure if you can answer this, but have you got some clues about Fullforce's support in another game than Iracing in the near future ? I don't play Iracing, and don't want to pay just to be able to test this new functionality. Or maybe there's a demo somewhere to test it ?

Thank you if you can answer to this.

Just fyi, I didn't expected so much difference between the Csl DD and the CS DD. It was already fun, but now the Clubsport DD add a new level to the fun :)

• Hi Maurice,

quick question: i was using your latest profiles for f1 23 but since i updated the fanalab, the revs don’t always work. I load the profiles but still can’t get them to work. I am followinf all the steps as before. What profile package should i use for the fanalab V2.01.12?

thank you very much

• How do I change the colour of the LED's on the wheel?

I just updated to 2.01.12 but can't find anyway to change them. I saw a video on youtube where they clicked the coloured circle, and got a colour wheel. but I don't get that, it just switches the led on or off.

I had the same issue with the old 1.69 version I was using also.

How do I change the colour?

• edited December 2023

Ehm, which wheel do you have?

It looks like you have a Wheel which just does not have RGB LEDs.......

Of course in that case the LEDs are hardcoded and can not be changed......😅

• Thanks for the quick reply Maurice. Are you an employee?

This is the Clubsport RS https://fanatec.com/au-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-rs

No kidding hey. They're not RGB LED's. I just assumed they would be in this day and age. That's a little disappointing.

How many cents do you think that saves? 🤷‍♂️

• edited December 2023

The ClubSport RS does not have RGB LEDs because it's a direct replacement for the older ClubSport Porsche 918 RSR wheel which also was not RGB. It's just a refresh to support the exchangeable QR, nothing more.

So this answers the question why you can not change the LED colors..

• Hi Maurice, will you release in some moment a new version of your profiles with the new cars of AMS2?

Thanks

• Unlikely, way too busy testing stuff atm, no free time to work on profiles.

• Hi Fanatec,

When looking in a new profile's file for the CS DD, there's some options that i've never seen before, and that I've not found in the Fanalab interface.

"IsInStandardMode":false

"DEA":0

"DRI":0

"MaxTorqueOutput":0.0

Could you give me some clues about them ? Thank you

• edited December 2023

IsInStandardMode says if the profile was saved with Standard Tuning Menu or Advanced Tuning Menu, false meaning Advanced (was always saved into the PWS, not specific for CS DD)..

DEA is the old Deadzone setting on Belt Bases, not applicable for Belt Bases but still saved to the PWS (was always saved into the PWS, not specific for CS DD).

DRI is the old Drift setting on Belt Bases, not applicable for DD Bases but still saved to the PWS (was always saved into the PWS, not specific for CS DD).

MaxTorqueOutput is a feature of DD Bases which was not ready in time for CS DD at launch, therefore atm showing 0.0, with next version it will show correct values.

• Fab OFab O Member
    edited December 2023

Thank you for the quick answer ! So nothing to tweak for the moment :)

Are you planning to make some profiles for the CS DD ? And do you know if there's a way to test fullforce other than Iracing ?

• You can not test FullForce yet as its not supported by any game atm.

Profiles for CS DD+ will come at some point but currently I have no free time to work on profiles.

• Ok. In the meantime, I have tweaked your profiles for AC, ACC and AMS2. I have also included an EA WRC profile, based on the recommandation of the french youtuber Franconen (and tweaked a little bit by me).

For ACC, beware to put the SteerLock to 0° (look at the included screenshot), because each profile have the correct steering lock for each cars, so soft lock is working.

A last question to you, Maurice : do you know why every recommended profile in the Fanalab for the CS DD has the FFB to 85 and not to 100 ? I have tested with 85, and it seems good to me, so every profiles in the zip is set to FFB at 85 % anyway.

• Idk. I did not made the recommended settings. I only know the recommended settings need to be safe to be safely used by literally everyone, even the most inexperienced driver, therefore the settings are not "ideal" settings but just Starter settings.

• Ok. I don't know why, and it's surely a view from my mind, and pretty sure that's irrelevant, but it seems to me that the FFB is easier to tweak in the games and a little bit more "comfortable" with FFB at 85 instead of 100. Will see what others tell about that.

• I can already say that pretty much ALL my profiles, which are based on CS DD+, will have FFB set to 100.

• I'll retry with everything at 100 in Fanalab, and lower in game settings. Here is the profiles with FFB at 100.

Imo, at 100, it's more alive, but also more "harsh". It seems to me that at 100, it's the old Peak mode, and at 85 it's the old linear mode :)

For note:

• in AMS2, since the 1.5.3.2 patch, in the FFB setting, I prefer using the default+ than the custom ffb file which I liked before, but not anymore.
    • in ACC, same message : beware to put the SteerLock to 0° (look at the included screenshot), because each profile have the correct steering lock for each cars, so soft lock is working.

• There is no "old" Linear or Peak mode on the CS DD, it's always Linear as it can not Peak higher than the Holding Torque.

• Yes I know that. It's just a way to explain how I "feel" the difference between FFB at 85 or at 100 :)

• Since latest Firmware update (wheel base 1.1.10.6) I cannot use my shifter in H-pattern. It wil recognize that I use the lever on the left and put it in H-pattern. But I can't select gears. It will only work in seq. mode.

Not an in game issue. Fanatec control panel shows same.

Any solutions for that? Almost wo weeks with this issue is too long

GT_DD_PRO_WB_B_EU, BK180_EU, CSS_SQ, CS_UH-V2, CS_WR_320_A

everything connected via wheel base.

Win11 Pro

• edited December 2023

Thats not a FanaLab issue..........

Please post in driver feedback thread and also provide info which Shifter Port you use and if you already trief to re-calibrate the shifter through the driver.

• Im experiencing this same issue on the same hardware. WB LEDs won't respond in iRacing, just get a flicker from the last blue LED midway through the RPM band.

• I may have written a few years back but it is still not possible in Fanalab.

PLEASE, Make offline setting possible in Fanalab!

What i mean is when the rig is not powered and Fanalab is in "Device not found" state we can not make any tweaking. It may be only me or others as well but when i sit in the rig things get difficult to do compared to desktop due to single to triple or VR ie, reading, keyboard and mouse usage, opening and closing apps etc. Besides the time i have to be able to sit in the rig is limited . So offline tweaking will be much more comfortable.

I get it. When "Device not found", Fanalab can not decide which devices to update and where to send the data. But the solution is simple.

1- Just like we save FFB profiles when the rig is on, we can also save out configurations. whenever we change the wheel we can create an other profile.

2- If the rig is off, Fanalab may ask if we want to load a pre-saved configuration.

3- Then we can load a preset from PC for that configuration or start from the default settings to tweak.

4- When we are done we can save the new preset to PC and close Fanalab.

5- When the rig is on when load that newly created preset and try.

I hope this will be included soon.

Thanks.

• This is technically not possible with how FanaLab is build and how it functions, therefore it wont come. Especially not "soon"... Such a feature, even if technically possible, would take months to develop, definitely not something which can be added "soon"...

• Maurice

I had Rev lights working in Automobolista 2 on my M4 Wheel. I have since updated to the 454 driver and this version ofFanalab. Automobolista 2 is at 1.53, and I also updated my DD1 to QR2.

I had it working on percentages. It was super cool. Fanalabs saved my profile settings when i updated, but now I cannot get Revs to work? it is still setup and enabled in Fanalab, but just not working. Has something changed?

I am able to get ABS to flash though so something is working.

• RevLED Button LEDs in % mode are currently broken, thats known and under investigation to be fixed with either the next version or the version followed after the next one.

If you want to use the feature then in the meantime you would need to either use RPM mode (where its still working fine) or downgrade FanaLab back to an older version where its still working also in % mode.

• OK thanks! It was on my list of things to try later today. I was hoping it was a software issue. :)

• Hi,

I'm just experiencing my first crash splash screen with Fanalab. It started when I indicated to Fanalab where EA WRC needed to be started by registering the URL of steam. As soon as I pasted and saved my URL, Fanalab crashed. I tried to repair and uninstalling Fanalab with no luck. Before having to save all the Fanatec settings and start from scratch, would you have an idea what would be the issue?

Since I can't open Fanalab, I am not able to get the log files from the software. Could you show me the folder where I can find this log file you need. Thanks

I have a DD2 (driver 454) with Fanalab 2.01.12

Here is a few lines from the FLControl.log file that I found. I hope it can help.

• Just received the Podium Rally button module and can't use the LED features with the new EA WRC game since Fanalab doesn't support the game yet. Fanatec advertising is all over the game so why over a month after release is the game still not supported in Fanalab? A bit disappointed so hopefully support is released soon.

This discussion has been closed.