FanaLab 2.01.12 Release - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Fanatec advertising is all over the game because Fanatec have a sponsorship agreement with the FIA WRC (specifically with the M-Sport Ford team). Fanatec had nothing to do with the development of EA WRC. The presence of their logos in-game is admittedly somewhat confusing, but Fanatec had no more to do with the development of the game than did Pirelli, TW Steel, or Asahi Kasei. They're required to be in the game because the game is an official representation of the real-life sport, which they sponsor...that's it.

• Hi,

Fanalab won't start. Fanatec splashscreen show up and then nothing.

Yesterday everything was fine. Today just not working. I guess i tried every fix from forum and still nothing.

Below i paste some stuff from windows event log

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wersja architektury: v4.0.30319

Opis: proces został przerwany z powodu nieobsłużonego wyjątku.

Informacje o wyjątku: System.NullReferenceException

w PodiumControl.PCUiUserControlTabLed.PrivateLedThreeDigitInitialize(Int32, Int32)

w PodiumControl.PCUiUserControlTabLed.InitializeDockPanels(Int32, Int32)

w PodiumControl.PCUiUserControlTabLed..ctor()

w PodiumControl.PCUiUserControlTabLed..cctor()

Informacje o wyjątku: System.TypeInitializationException

w PodiumControl.PCViewModelRevLed..ctor(FeatureControl.IFanalabProfileHandler, Boolean)

w PodiumControl.PCThreadDeviceWheelMain..ctor()

w PodiumControl.WindowMain..ctor()

Informacje o wyjątku: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException

w System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)

w System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)

w System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)

w System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)

w System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)

w System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()

w System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)

w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

w System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

w System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

w MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)

w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

w MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

w System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

w MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

w MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

w MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

w MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

w System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

w System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

w System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

w PodiumControl.App.Main()

• latest version not loading favourite ITM screen when loading profile, have to go in manually and change it even though its saved on the profile

• Can you post a Screenshot of the ITM page and the Profile Preview page for that profile and also upload it here?

Cant confirm this here, Fav ITM page is always loading correct.

• Quennan DavisQuennan Davis Member
    edited December 2023

The %RPM feature doesn't work on the Podium Rally Module. The manual RPM set points work but not the %RPM tab. This is for the LEDs

• So, since nothing was working, I finally decided to erase all trace of fanalab, fanatec and endor files on my computer and reinstalled everything and... it worked. Fanalab is back and brand new.

• Dear team, dear Maurice,

In your message of October 21, you published the following comment in this forum:

"It's on the list to look if the FM Telemetry can be added to FanaLab in the future, yes.

This does not mean that it gets added, it just means that the possibility gets analyzed."

Is there any news on this?

In relation to this: I have created an FM profile in Fanalab in the past few days. I can also start the game I own through the Gamepass directly via the Fanalab UI. I have read from you in the past few days that there will be no official Forza support because it is not supported by the Windows Store. May I ask what is not supported? 

Regards JC

• edited December 2023

The news is that support for FM very likely wont come because it is not possible to get the exe from the Windows Store to add to FanaLab and therefore the Lab cant detect if the game is running.

• That is really very sad to hear. As I said, I can use the gamelaunchhelper.exe from Forza to start the game via Fanalab UI.

Just as an impulse: how is it actually possible that the NVIDIA software (GeForce Experience) can recognize Gamepass games and change the settings? Shouldn't this mean that there is a way for Fanalab to find the exe and recognize its execution?

I can really imagine you guys have your work cut out for you, but a Fanalab FM support would be an absolute gamechanger for the game.

• edited December 2023

That is just the launcher, yes, that is NOT the game exe which is needed to get Telemetry. The launcher just launches the game, that would be no problem to add to the Lab but the needed game exe for Telemetry is an entirely different exe file and that one is blocked from access from 3rd Party Software like Fanalab.

• Thank you Maurice for your quick replies and please excuse me for being so insistent, as I said I can imagine there is a lot going on at the moment. I imagined that with the exe, thanks for the info.

I have tested SIM Dashboard in the past few days and have seen that the program recognizes also the game on the PC and that the telemetry data can be received and sent. UDP settings have to be made for this. Why is this procedure not possible in FanaLab? What are the technical hurdles? Wouldn't adding the telemetry settings for profiles manually, such as there, be an alternative?

I would like to thank you very much and would be happy if it could be possible at some point.

Best regards

JC

• I dont know about the technical stuff, I was told FanaLab needs access to the forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe but that one is blocking the access in the WIndows Apps folder (no issue with Steam btw).

We can only get access to the gamelaunchhelper.exe but that would only help to start the game but the "real" game exe which extracts telemetry is the forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe which FanaLab cant get access to. Therefore it is currently not possible, to add support for this game.

• Sorry if this has probably already been asked/said.

I have CS DD and F1 2020 Limited Edition steering wheel,. Using Fanalab, setting the profile for iRacing, after a while the RPM LEDs freeze and the gears and speed no longer appear on the screen.

Is this a Fanalab conflict or should I be worried?

P.S: question that has nothing to do with this: how can I check if the assembly of the QR2 has been done correctly and therefore my CS DD goes correctly at 12Nm? How can I see "the counter"?

P.P.S: CS DD looks solid and very smooth at driving on iRacing (are all feature enabled or it must be implemented?), thanks Fanatec!

• edited December 2023

This is either a WQR Firmware or WQR Hardware issue, it is under investigation.

On the CS DD you dont need to install a QR2 on your own so nothing can go wrong.

• Is it possible for me to manually add the new Audi R8 EVO II for iRacing to load automatically, or do I need to wait until the next Fanalab release?

Thanks,

Frank

• You need to wait for the next FanaLab release later this month, maybe next week already.

• Ok, dont know if is possible to register some logs when the LED problem happens to help you guys for the investigations?

P.S: on CS DD correct, no QR2 is needed (wheel base side). For my steering wheel, yes. Before there was a QR1 (Otherwise the FFB limited at 8Nm).

• The F1 2020 wheel will NEVER limit to 8 Nm, even with QR1, however the QR1 obviously couldnt be used on CS DD ;)

And no need for Logs. The issue is known and under investigation what the root cause is.

• I have not been using fanalab and iracing for a while and had a different wheelbase before. I am having a hard time finding a clear guide on:

1. How to set up latest fanalab to use the build in profiles correctly and checking how the cars are loaded in games and if settings are loaded automatically correctly (it seems to me the steering wheel always uses the same FFB for at 90 for instance, is that correct? I do not see the those settings in Fanalab anymore either; fanalab shows 'Steering wheel nog available' me there is no steering wheel available, while it does seem to works fine, it is available in the drivers and in games).
    2. It is not clear to me if i still need to set in car settings and per car within Iracing (and other games) with you 'build in car list' and if so, what the recommended settings are outside of those (like in game or in iracing per car). With the manual profile you needed to import profiles and load them per car in the past right, but I am taking from you reaction that this is not needed anymore (which would be great!) There was a readme with recommendations in the zip files before per game, but now i have no idea what the 'base settings' per game are (as searching in the forum i have no idea which recommendations are up to date as most are years old).

So basically, my question is if someone can point me towards a recent guide on how to set everything up correctly nowadays using latest fanalab, DD2, multiple wheels (f1 and GT style with podium button module), multiple games and cars? (iracing in particular)? I am really getting the idea that I am not getting the most out of my hardware right now due to bad setup.

• You should watch this video, its explaining everything very nicely in detail.

PS: For all games there are still README txt files included which explain the in game settings and how to use CDALP.

• Thanks Maurice! I'll have a go, and start by uninstalling/reinstalling drivers/fanalab and watch the video thoroughly first!

• I am so happy I received the new cs dd base with qr2. What a base and what a feeling. It is very good. Thanks fanatec.

can I use the same settings as with my csl dd pro 8nm only ffb on 75 %

and does full force something in ACC and F1 23 or is it not compatibel yet in the games?

• There is no LED settings in FanaLab on the new version, but they were there on 1.9+. I have csl universal hub v2.

• That is known and will be fixed in the next version later this month.

• edited December 2023

Thank you.

Another thing i cant make vibration motors to work on CS V3 Pedals in ACC. Again it was working on 1.9. But no anymore.

I do managed to get them working on 2.0 once, but then i tried to fix LED screen issue and i cant get them work anymore again.

Is there any sort of checklist how to enable them properly or what can go wrong?

• That is another known issue, in the current version pedal vibrations are not working when pedals are connected via USB but only when they are connected to the base. This will also be fixed with the next version.

• I can't make vibration motors to work on CS V3 Pedals in F123. Also, the ABS vibration switch is grayed out on Fanalabl brake pedal screen and steering wheel screen.

Everything worked fine before upgrading to Fanalab 2.01.12.

I have Podium Racing Wheel F1 and CS V3 Pedlas, running Windows 11.

Thanks

• edited December 2023

See 1 post above...

That is another known issue, in the current version pedal vibrations are not working when pedals are connected via USB but only when they are connected to the base. This will also be fixed with the next version.

So easy solution for now: simply connect the pedals to your base via RJ12 and not to your PC via USB.

F1 23 does not support ABS vibrations, therefore it's greyed out.

• I have the Setup Index under the Tunings Menu set for:

1) AC

2) AMS2

3) RF2

I make sure the Setup Index is set to "3" and then I launch RF2. After launching, the setup index is being changed to "2".

Is there a way to bind the Setup Index to a particular game?

This discussion has been closed.