FanaLab 2.01.21 Public Release (prev .18 beta) - Post your Feedback here

14567810»

Comments

• I understand you, no worries!

No, I not tested, because I got finally the RMA number, so I sent back to Fanatec my BME, and Podium Hub to repair, or repleace.

If this procedure are done, and i will get it back my products, then I will let you know about the results.

• Guys, try modifying your own itm page, whatever the number, to leave as little information as possible. Maurice mentioned once his profiles are pretty heavy on PBME with all the screen and LEDs telemetry and there is a bottleneck of some sort that once happens the wheel hangs up. I never had any freeze on pbme but since day 1 I drive with only fuel indicator on the screen plus revleds and flag leds. Although the screen functionalities are great it just distracts me since I don't have the time to look at it 😔

• If the BME have a LCD panel, then all ITM pages need to work. If the page 4 have issue, why can it be used? Why doesn't it warn to you "not to use it because it freezes!" This is a joke man!

Maurice said, the BME have issue, so i was sending back to Fanatec.

• Michael DuranMichael Duran Member
    edited January 26

I have to agree with Robert here, it is essential that if you include a feature like page #4, it should work as advertised, or removed until it is fully operational, in this case it seems that maybe not everyone has this issue, but if it is a bottleneck situation it needs to be addressed soon. As for the usability of the Page #4 with "car ahead/car behind" telemetry, I find it very useful and easy to read at my leisure when I pull on to a long straight like Le Mans Mulsanne and Indianapolis, or the long straights at SPA like Kemmel and Blanchimont.

I also find that ITM page useful when in shorter races because it is easier for me to glance down at the car behind number and quickly assess where he is, rather than peer at a dot in my mirrors and try to judge the gap.

• Agree with you! 

Maurice can you investigate this ITM page number 4, cause any freeze problem, if you play all the time with that?

Thanks!

• I never said anyone should accept a device not working fully as intended. What I'm saying is that, like in other cases, only some portion of pbmes seems to be affected. And limiting the telemetry bandwidth is key to determine if it's related to the bottleneck or to some other built in flaw. That is if you would want to actually test anything and narrow down the possible causes. Hopefully you will get a replaced/repaired fully operational device!

• Thank you for your comment Konrad, I understand all you are saying about testing for bottlenecks vs. built-in-flaws, that is why you see I have gone through many hours of trying different games and settings, to determine it was page 4 that caused my issue, and then only after a longer race on Project cars 2, while the game Automobilista 2 faults much quicker with page 4, and so far seems to tolerate the other pages (I still need to do more testing but it is tiring for a old man) could you help us in testing this out?

you mentioned.

"I never had any freeze on pbme but since day 1 I drive with only fuel indicator on the screen plus revleds and flag leds."

might I ask what game/games you use the PBME with, and if it isn't too much trouble, could you try the Page #4 we are having issues with, on your setup and see if it does the same for you?

It would help a lot to get as much info as possible.

The more members who share their experiences the faster it will be to narrow down the cause of this issue.

Thanks

• Automobilista 2 has the game engine from Project Cars 2 but improved so there is clearly something inheritant to the code since both games cause trouble.

I played Assetto Corsa, AC Comptetizione, Automobilista 2 and Dirt Rally 1&2 (but these two without any display nor LEDs). If I manage I will try to test standard pages but I have a 1yr toddler so I drive very rarely nowadays.

In the meantime I suggest you save the current profile, create a new one out of it, reduce telemetry info on page 1 e.g. to a minimum like fuel, lap counter, position e.g. and give AMS2 a try.

I know that even if it works then it is not a valid solution, not even a workaround, but would at least tell us something.

• Thank you for your help investigating this Konrad.

I have done as you suggested with AMS2 and using the legacy page seems to eliminate the issue, I will try it with the reduced telemetry on Page 1 as soon as I get back to racing.

I lost a beloved pet today from a fast onset disease and my motivation and spirit are at very low levels right now, but I will resume testing as soon as I'm able to deal with it.

Thanks so much for your help.

• Oh, very sorry to hear that 😔. Please let us know your findings and I will provide my feedback when I manage to have a longer race in Ams2 but I can't guarantee if I'll make it this week.

• I just set up FanaLab and downloaded profiles. Followed all install instructions and changed a files that needed to be changed.

injumped in the global Mazda and the FFB was incredibly strong.

inhabe a podium DD2 with the torque key.

any suggestions ?

• edited January 29

Anybody have the ITM (PBME) who stay active while switching to a game where it is not supported ? I got to maually click on "Default" in the ITM menu to reset the correct status.

If I "reboot" Fanalab with no game loaded, Fanalab recall the last used ITM page with no profile loaded, in this case I have do disable ITM in the menu... 🤔

All is up to date (Drivers, Firmwares and Fanalab)

PS : I'm too affected with occasional PBME freezes in AMS2, (I reported this in January 2022 in my case) so I finally desactivated ITM for this game

• After two year, this freezing problem still not solved. I'm not surprised...

Maurice any news about this ITM freeze page number 4? Are you investigating this error at all? 🤔

• I reverted back to fanalab 1.69.7 and this solved the issue I mentionned above. The ITM logo don't stay on anymore on non-activated ITM profiles wich is better IMO.

I noticed too that I get the ability back to manage leds brightness within profile files, so I'll stay to this version for the moment waiting for future corrections and evolutions for leds, car-unmanaged profiles auto-back to default ... ... ... 😀

• edited January 30

I have forwarded the latest information and raised the priority internally but if at all then it seems to be more a Firmware and not a FanaLab issue as the FanaLab ITM communication was already completely re-factored from scratch for FanaLab 2.0 and therefore the code within FanaLab is solid for sure so it is more likely that something regarding the ITM in the Firmware code could be wrong but FW development is rather slow at the moment due to extremely limited resources, so a fix is not likely to happen anytime soon...

• Hello!

First of all would like to thank you for all this profiles !

Second i would like to know if in Iracing we still need that the CSL DD to be in Compatibility mode or no.

Ah one more question i can see that the ingame settings tell me to put the values like this :

Max force: first number of the profile name**

Wheel force: second number of the profile name

But my wheel only have 8 Nm and as an example the car says : 48 / 15

Do i need to apply each of the profilles every time i satrt a new game ? Because i tested and load an ACC and when i entered Iracing it doesnt change.

Thanks !

• May I ask which mode to choose when playing iracing , LIN or PEAK

• try them, peak just gives you more force but for a DD1/2 it's unnecessary IMO. LIN feels better.

• Michael DuranMichael Duran Member
    edited February 2

Thank you Maurice, for caring and helping us understand the problem is due to firmware, and the process this has to go through to fix the issue, I sincerely hope you are right.

I was getting ready to invest all sorts of time into exploring causes, you have settled that by sharing your knowledge & telling us the truth and the facts of the situation.

If there is any way to "bump" the code investigation, I'm sure that you will do your best.

Because of this I will keep my new PBME and use it as best I can, and wait for a new firmware.

Thanks again for your response.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

FanaLab 2.01.26 available

Please continue the discussion in the new thread

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/30021/fanalab-2-01-26-beta-post-your-feedback-here/p1

This discussion has been closed.