FanaLab 2.01.21 Public Release (prev .18 beta) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Last night the anomaly reoccurred. So I'd say it's not resolved. 😅

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Known Issue

If you had 2.01.18 installed and saved a profile with it, you might experience that FanaLab closes when loading this profile. This is happening because 2.01.18 wrote a wrong APM parameter into the profile which doesn't happen anymore with .19 but unfortunately the affected profiles causing the crash have to be corrected manually as explained below.

Solution:

1. Export the affected profile(s) which cause a crash.
    2. Open the exported .pws file(s) with the editor.
    3. Look for "APM=0" and change it to either "APM=True" if your wheel has analog clutch paddles or APM and "APM=False" if your wheel has no analog clutch paddles or APM.
    4. Save the file.
    5. Import the corrected file(s) into FanaLab again to overwrite the faulty one.

We are currently looking into if we can automate this and will upload a new version when possible.

• Question: Is it possible to synchronise the default RPM LEDs used by iRacing? 

Let me explain: I had created an LED profile for the RPMs of the Porsche 963 GTP. For the Acura, they are completely different. Is there a way to "reset" the LEDs with Fanalab and get the default ones from iRacing?

• edited December 2023

No, that is not possible.

You can just reset the LEDs to the default values from FanaLab by clicking the "Default" button for the LEDs but it is not possible to get the Default iRacing values.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

New FanaLab 2.01.20

Now the profiles which got damaged by .18 and can cause a crash of FanaLab are getting fixed automatically.

• getting this issue on the fanatec driver itself. 2 days ago i did have a win 11 update. that might be it?

• Yes that might be it but that is everything but not a FanaLab issue so nothing for this thread...😅

Anyway, try to uninstall your current driver, redownload driver 455 from www.fanatec.com/driver and try to.run the installer again.

• yeah did that. worked fine! and as alwyas, ty for all the hard work you people do when it comes to fanalab!

• Strange issue with 2.01.20 (Driver version 455, DD1, all firmware current). If I resize the window it freezes then shutsdown. I reopen and it works with newly sized window (change again and shutdown) So, I'm leaving with default window size as-is and it's fine. Not sure if this is a bug or issue on my end. I did uninstall and reinstall with same result.

• edited December 2023

Thats a weird one..

Just tried and I can resize the FanaLab window just fine... In fact, thats the first thing I do with every new Lab build...

Also from your logs nothing seems wrong, so I guess its something with your Windows OS...

• Am i doing something wrong? i click "enable telemetry" i get the message "iracing: no setup needed". When i click the other green button it ask me to uncheck in iracing, i have done that.

• edited December 2023

since 454 update, I have no clutch and the wheel is not centering and jumping at turns.. My CSL DD + CSL Pedals LC are just 2 months old. And it's just trash now. Thanks for the frustrating holidays Fanatec.

• Any resolution scaling enabled? Or larger font size or something of this sort? Either in windows or GPU control panel?

• THX.

Will be investigated in Januar when the Dev is back from vacation.

• Please report in the driver thread as this is obviously no FanaLab issue.

• Update from the freeze issue.

I reinstalled the Windows on my computer, everyting clean, every driver up to date, and working 2 day without freeze. But today freezed 2 times.

Probably my BME have a issue.

• Another update - still no LED support available for EA SPORTS WRC 😩

• edited December 2023

And this wont ever be possible as long the game does not add a functionality to disable the native in-game LEDs and Display.

Basic limited support for Vibrations, Dynamic Damper and Profile Loading is coming next year but LEDs and Display just can not be controlled through the Lab as long as the native LEDs and Display stuff cant be disabled as it would always interfere with the Lab stuff.

So if you want to control the LEDs and the Display through the Lab, you need to raise your concern in the EA / Codemasters forums that they add this basic functionality to their game, otherwise there will never be LED support through the Lab (and other 3rd party LED software tools btw).

• Thanks Maurice. Then i put the duck tape back on the wheel andi will ask CM to add this simple functionality to the game because now it is annoying a lot and it hurts to my eyes

• Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited December 2023

New Fanalab still crashes when trying to read the personal pws ... tried to fix it mannualy but it just asks if i want to replace an already existing one whne trying to import it,if i say yes nothing gets created...

Assumed that it was because i edited on the same folder it stores it moved to some other loaction import says imported successfully but creates nothing..

It does create the file when you import but its as if it didnt existed for fanalab ...

• edited December 2023

Please always upload the FanaLab Logs when you experience crashes and also the affected profile when the crash is directly related to loading a specific profile (which is most likely broken somewhere), otherwise it is basically impossible to investigate (next year after the dev is back from vacation).

Also, what is a personal pws?

I think in your case it would be best if you wipe the whole xml folder in AppData and start from scratch... Or at least delete that profile and make a new one as its broken somewhere which is definitely unrelated to the APM="0" bug which is definitely fixed with .20

• Please upload the profile and the Logs.

Also, what happens when you open the folder C:\Users\mboes\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\settings\0_0 and copy/paste the pws manually into that folder?...

edited December 2023

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Settings Version="4.4">

<Device BaseType="6" WheelType="14" SWType="12" PedalType="2" ButtonModuleType="2" APM=False />

<Game MajorId="0" MinorId="0" />

<TuningMenuProfile>

<JSON>{"IsInStandardMode":false,"SetupIDX":1,"SEN":108,"FF":60,"BLI":101,"FUL":0,"DEA":0,"DRI":0,"NDP":16,"NFR":2,"NIN":8,"INT":3,"FEI":100,"FOR":100,"SPR":100,"DPR":100,"SHO":100,"MPS":3,"APM":False,"BRF":50,"CBP":0,"FFS":0,"MaxTorqueOutput":0.0}</JSON>

</TuningMenuProfile>

<FFBProfile>

Only thing i did was mannualy edit the APM , it had 2 places where i simply added False instead of the valueson an attempt to recover the pws.

• edited December 2023

Well, you forgot the "" and therefore of course FanaLab crashes as you modified the pws into a way the Lab can not read it.

You need to write APM="False" (if your wheel has no clutch paddles) or APM="True" (if your wheel has clutch paddles). Or just leave it at APM="0" which now also works fine in .20 as .20 sees the "0" as "True" internally ;)

Also the second APM:False you edited is another issue. That one must NOT be changed at all! Its never "True" or "False"

So you basically screwed the whole pws...

• Moving the file to the folder or importing thru the APP gives the same result, that pws must have some mistake and Fanalab doesnt even shows it because of it.

edited December 2023

It actually doesnt crash with my change maurice, it crashed as they where before i touched them but yeah was just trying to do what was written up there..wrongfully it seems. Also in my case and i dont have any APM in any of the wheels one of the values was 1 the other was 2 so i was a bit confused..

• Just delete the pws and start from scratch is my advice.

Otherwise try to edit the pws and copy/paste exactly this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Settings Version="4.4">

<Device BaseType="6" WheelType="14" SWType="12" PedalType="2" ButtonModuleType="2" APM="False" />

<Game MajorId="0" MinorId="0" />

<TuningMenuProfile>

<JSON>{"IsInStandardMode":false,"SetupIDX":1,"SEN":108,"FF":60,"BLI":101,"FUL":0,"DEA":0,"DRI":0,"NDP":16,"NFR":2,"NIN":8,"INT":3,"FEI":100,"FOR":100,"SPR":100,"DPR":100,"SHO":100,"MPS":3,"APM":0,"BRF":50,"CBP":0,"FFS":0,"MaxTorqueOutput":0.0}</JSON>

</TuningMenuProfile>

<FFBProfile>

• Also if i didnt touch any of the other profiles for other games wiy does .20 keep crashing when i load them ?

This discussion has been closed.