FanaLab 2.01.21 Public Release (prev .18 beta) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• edited December 2023

I have no idea, somehow you broke the Lab.

But you also dont want to upload the profiles or the Logs so I am sorry but I cant help you...

• <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Settings Version="4.4">

<Device BaseType="6" WheelType="14" SWType="12" PedalType="2" ButtonModuleType="2" APM="2" />

<Game MajorId="0" MinorId="1" />

<TuningMenuProfile>

<JSON>{"IsInStandardMode":false,"SetupIDX":1,"SEN":108,"FF":50,"BLI":101,"FUL":0,"DEA":0,"DRI":0,"NDP":25,"NFR":0,"NIN":0,"INT":3,"FEI":80,"FOR":100,"SPR":0,"DPR":100,"SHO":0,"MPS":3,"APM":1,"BRF":60,"CBP":27,"FFS":1,"MaxTorqueOutput":0.0}</JSON>

</TuningMenuProfile>

<FFBProfile>

<JSON>

This one for example, i didnt touch yet , yet it crashes !

• As I said, as long as you dont send the profiles and the Logs we cant help you.

• Thanks for asking/suggesting. No, I am 100% (recommended) scaling and all default on text size, etc. I tested window sizing today with Steam, Racelabs, and Fanalab. Steam and Racelabs have no problem with resizing. When I resized Fanalab it "froze". I closed from task bar, reopened, and it opened in resized window and worked. Again, not going to worry about it at this point.

• Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited December 2023

ok seems whatever you guyz did to auto correct it only works if the second APM is 0, in my case they are all 2 and 1, managed to load the AC one now with the corrected values meaning APM:"False" on first and second with "APM":0

edited December 2023

Example of an untouched one :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Settings Version="4.4">

<Device BaseType="6" WheelType="14" SWType="12" PedalType="2" ButtonModuleType="2" APM="2" />

<Game MajorId="0" MinorId="1" />

<TuningMenuProfile>

<JSON>{"IsInStandardMode":false,"SetupIDX":1,"SEN":108,"FF":50,"BLI":101,"FUL":0,"DEA":0,"DRI":0,"NDP":25,"NFR":0,"NIN":0,"INT":3,"FEI":80,"FOR":100,"SPR":0,"DPR":100,"SHO":0,"MPS":3,"APM":1,"BRF":60,"CBP":27,"FFS":1,"MaxTorqueOutput":0.0}</JSON>

</TuningMenuProfile>

<FFBProfile>

<JSON>{"

• edited December 2023

Lino, PLEASE upload the pws file (in a zip) and especially the Logs!!!!!!

That one obviously lets the Lab crashing because of the APM="2" which should not belong there, it has to be either "True" or "False".

Maybe an earlier beta version of FanaLab has set the 2 in there, I dont know.

Just change it to "True" or "False" and it should not crash anymore..

edited December 2023

Anyway I fixed it with your help and by properly looking to a JSON structure :) just was giving that example so that if anyone else has the same issue youll know its not getting fixed automatically in all scenarios, thanks. sorry where are the logs ill upload both.

• edited December 2023

No.

Just click on Settings and then Collect Logs. After it finished, a new Explorer folder with the generated Zip gets opened automatically.

However, they are not needed anymore as with the first APM entry set to 2 instead of 0, True or False the issue can be reproduced which will be enough for the Dev to analyze in January. Question though is how and why the 2 came into the pws in the first place...

• Does the FanaLab 2.01.20 come with your profiles or is it a separate d/l? cheers

• Fanalab profiles are a separate download, Usually on page 1 of this forum, but updates may be anywhere such as page 3.

• edited December 2023

• Hey is 2.01.20 safe and workin? CSL DD here

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

New FanaLab 2.01.21

Improved the fix of .20 to automatically fix profile issues.

I wish everyone a relaxing time over Christmas and a good transition into the new year.

• Thanks for getting this out before the Holiday! Ill try it out tonight. :)

• We need a serious investigation for the BME freeze. My friend who also have a BME, he said, sometimes in ACC his BME freeze to. And i know more people here, in Fanatec forum, who have this problem. So it's not hardware issue, it's software. If i not use Fanalab, there is no freeze. Sometimes working 2 days straight, then freeze again, so it's very randomly. Reinstalled my whole Windows, try with usb hub, and without usb hub, try on my laptop, and the freeze issue everywhere.

Please fix this problem! Thank you!

• edited December 2023

"Sometimes working 2 days straight, then freeze again, so it's very randomly."

Exactly that is what makes the investigation so hard and basically impossible because it just does not freeze for anyone internally when trying to reproduce the issue, which means there is still even the chance that it only affects some BME units (or some Hubs to which the BME is attached to), which means it is still entirely possible that in the end this is a hardware issue of some units and not affecting everyone.

For example, we have an internal tester who drives exclusively with the BME with ITM enabled and LEDs working etc (so a lot is going on regarding data transfer) and, according to his words, he drives 4-6 hours every day and he never experienced a BME Freeze in any game... So there must be more to it.

In particular the dev himself needs to be able to reliably reproduce an issue to analyze it and the dev can not just drive 2 days or more to get an issue reproduced and without being able to reproduce the issue the dev simply cant fix it ...

It will be re-investigated next year but I dont want that you have high expectations as there is actually little hope I can make you to get this issue fixed as it was already investigated very heavily and the whole ITM code in the Lab was written from scratch already so when it still happens - randomly and only for some - then I have no idea what we could further do to fix the issue when we can not reproduce it... But anyway, as said, will be re-investigated next year but most likely nothing to get fixed anytime soon in the very near future so please dont set your expectation too high...

• I installed the driver 455, and all software today. I loaded iRacing through Fanalab, this version, and neither my Racelab apps or my stream deck would function in iRacing. If I loaded iRacing directrly, everything worked. Tried it several times after rebooting through Fanalab, even uninstalled it and re-installed it. Same issue. Something when loading through Fanalab is causing the issue. I did not have that issure prior to updating the software today. I typically loaded it through Fanalab as I change wheels often.

• Hi Maurice, same weird issue with the Ginetta GT3 in AMS2 not having the revleds line up with the in game ones, the screenshot below is the stock setup when the file was imported, an you see anything unusual with it?

This is the second Ginetta this has done it for me now. Cheers

• Okay, I understand, thank you! Then my BME, or Podium hub have a problem? I can't believe this. But I contacted to Fanatec support, hopefully can solve my problem. Maybe they replace the defective product.

• Ok that one I can confirm is definitely wrong.

Seems Reiza has changed the RPM range for this car drastically without mentioning this in any changelog... As I have almost 400 profiles it is impossible to keep track of such changes to keep the profiles 100% accurate when such a change is secretely done, so big thx for pointing this out!

New profile will be included in my next profile pack :)

• Cheers, good to know Maurice, at least I also now know why on occasions some don't match up.

• Maurice or Marcel,

I have a couple future questions:

1. Is the flash from this screenshot similar to how the Flash for the LED buttons on the M4 and BMR will work?
    2. Does flash work on Percentages?
    3. Is interval the speed of the flash?

I'm really looking forward to this feature. Right now I don't have any wheels converted to QR2 that have standard rev lights.

• Sharing with you I have installed 455, 2.0.1.21, and Racelabs 3.23.1 without issue launching iRacing from Fanalabs (Racelabs functions normally).

• edited December 2023
    1. Yes, whenever the feature for flashing Button LEDs will come, it will work the same way with a special "Flash" value for the RevLEDs.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.
  • In the future, if it's possible, I would like a option in Fanalab, where we can change the led's brightness.

Because the BME led's more brighter (2x) than the Formula wheel, and if I racing at night, sometimes it's annoying, just too much for my eyes.

It's possible, or not?

This discussion has been closed.