FanaLab 2.01.21 Public Release (prev .18 beta) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Of course, you can always do it the "old school" way, and just save your profiles under an existing game and just name them according to which game they're actually for. For example, all my rally game profiles (DR2.0, the WRC series, and EA WRC) are stored under Dirt Rally 2.0, and I just manually load whichever one before I start playing.

• Hi Maurice

I’m using GT DD Pro, plays with CSL DD 8 nm compatible mode for iRacing.

What change should i adjust to match the wheel, i read the readme and i believe the first number of the profile to put in the option (max) should be changed, could u advise how to calculate?

Thanks

• edited December 2023

@everyone

Reiza suprised us all with the first delayed into 2024 but now released on the last day of 2023 new V1.5.5.0 game update which brings with it two new DLC's with a total of 7 new cars!

Attached you can find a new CarsList_AMS2 to get the new cars shown in the Cars List in the Lab UI to bind profiles to them.

GT3 Gen 2 class:

• BMW M4 GT3 (+ Low Downforce)
    • McLaren 720S GT3 Evo (+ Low Downforce)
    • Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (+ Low Downforce)
    • Porsche 992 GT3 R (+ Low Downforce)

LMDh class:

• BMW M Hybrid V8 (+ Low Downforce)
    • Cadillac V-Series.R (+ Low Downforce)
    • Porsche 963 (+ Low Downforce)

GTE class:

• BMW M8 GTE - Low Downforce
    • Chevrolet Corvette C8.R - Low Downforce
    • Porsche 911 RSR GTE - Low Downforce

Installation instructions:

In your Documents folder you will find a folder called "Fanatec". In this folder is another folder called "Update".

Simply extract the attached CarsList_AMS2.zip and copy/paste the included new xml file into that "Update" folder with FanaLab being closed. On the next start of FanaLab it will update the cars list.

This new list of course will also be directly implemented in the next FanaLab releases going forward.

You can also find my newest profile pack attached (fine-tuned for P DD2 and CS DD+) which includes profiles for the new cars together with a new ProfileCarsList_AMS2.xml file to directly bind the new cars to the new profiles via CDALP.

I also fixed the RevLEDs of the Ginetta G55 GT3 which Reiza has secretely changed in a previous update without mentioning it in a CHangelog, therefore the profile still had the old wrong LEDs as I did not drove the car since then.

I wish everyone a happy new year (whenever the time comes for you). :)

• Hi,

I'm completely new to Fanatec and Fanalab and I have a problem getting my bases REV lights to work properly in most games and I would appreciate a fix or just advice please!

I have the latest software versions for everything and I can get Fanalab working for the "Display" and "RevLEDs" of my wheel, it's just the Base RevLEDs that don't light up apart from the very right (blue) one when any car (in certain games) is at around 85% of the RPM range. The blue light only comes on when Base RevLEDs are set to % based, and when in RPM mode no lights show (even when RPM is adjusted to appropriate range).

Equipment:

CSL Elite + (PS4), WB Firmware 693, WBM Firmware 22

CSL Elite V2 (via base) - just Acc & Brake (clutch removed)

CSL P1 V2 Wheel

Fanatec Driver 455

Fanalab Version: 2.01.21 Public Release (prev .18 beta)

Some games that don't require Fanalab at all such as AMS2 and Raceroom work 100% without any adjustment, including full base RevLEDS. All LEDs work when using the Function Tests in Fanatec Control Panel.

The games I've tried (that don't have native RevLEDs support) which I'm having the exact same issue with right now are AC, ACC, Dirt Rally 1, and rF2. All these games are running Fanatec Recommended settings directly through Fanalab, and I've enabled both Telemetry and LED/Hardware support in all titles and followed all prompted instructions. Although Raceroom has very good native LED support I disabled it all out of curiosity and used Fanalab instead and it acted in just the same broken manner as most other titles do.

Curiously I've noticed that 2.01.18 of Fanalab apparently "Fixed CSL Elite Wheel Base LEDs not working properly" although I don't know specifically what was broken there (before my time with Fanatec) but it doesn't work for me now using the latest (beta) build. I don't know if the following is important, but I've noticed Fanalab's Game Profile page stating that LED Previews are unavailable with no summarised settings shown for all games tried so far except Dirt Rally 1. Also noticed as being a bit odd - the "Display" gear "Brackets" slider seems backwards in that I have to set it to 71% or more to get rid of them, so "0" brackets means they're on. Also (!) when I fired rF2 up a second time the BaseLEDs didn't work at all and the gear Brackets were flashing on and off when revving the car in the pits (a conflict somehow)? If it matters, I've also changed the picture in Fanalab to my specific wheel (P1 V2 and not the V1 PS4 wheel that came up as standard) but that seems to have no effect.

I've read Fanalabs manual and watched tutorial videos for Fanalab online, and I can't see why the RevLEDs aren't working unless it's "just" a bug. Whatever is going on, it's behaving consistently wrong in most titles (the single blue light comes on at a consistent RPM percentage regardless of car used) so I guess when it's fixed for one title it'll be fixed for all. I only got my Fanatec gear this week so I'm uncertain if rolling back to previous driver / Fanalab setup would fix the issue.

Whatever the way forward actually is, any feedback from anyone as to how to get my equipment working (if possible) will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

• edited December 2023

Broken Base RevLEDs is a known issue of the current version and will be fixed (early) next year. The first fix of .21 apparently did not fixed the issue :/

• edited January 1

Bonjour Maurice,

Bonne année 2024 !

J'ai suivi les recommandations pour mettre à jour la liste des nouvelles voitures pour le jeu AMS2, mais après avoir insérer cette nouvelle liste de voitures dans le fichier mise à jour, je ne les retrouvent pas dans Fanalab, bizarre.

D'avance merci de ta réponse.

• edited January 1

I dont understand french, therefore please post in English according to the forum rules in the future.

I have no idea how to help you as it is working fine for me so no idea what you are doing wrong. Make sure to post the correct files into the correct folders.

Otherwise you will need to wait for the next FanaLab version which will have the new List implemented natively.

• Maurice,
    Sorry for posting in French, I wasn't aware of this rule...
    On the other hand, I insist on the fact that I just wanted to update the list of new AMS2 cars by scrupulously following your instructions, this is not the first time that I have done it, but here at the opening from Fanalab, I can't find the new cars in the list.
    I will wait for the next file as you recommend but I just wanted to inform you of this fact.
    Thank you for your answer.
    Sincerely,

• edited January 1

So you downloaded the CarsList_AMS2.zip and copy/pasted the included new CarsList_AMS2.xml file into the "Update" folder in your Documents\Fanatec folder with FanaLab being closed and on the next start of FanaLab the new Cars are not shown in the Cars List?

Thats.. pretty weird.

Other method is to manually copy/paste this new CarsList_AMS2.xml file directly to the folder where the "Update" folder would copy/paste it to, so simply copy/paste that new xml file and paste it into C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\xml.

All with the Lab closed. On the next start the new Cars WILL BE in the Cars List in the Lab UI. Otherwise your Lab installation is screwed.

• Maurice,
    I can confirm that the first method did not work on my side, so I just tried the other method that you suggest and the result is the same: no new cars in the list in Fanalab...
    My Fanalab may now be corrupted as you suspect, it is regrettable, I will have to delete it, reinstall it then redownload all your profiles and mine which I had modified, I am not as happy about it as you are can imagine it.
    In any case, thank you for taking my request into consideration and I will not fail to keep you informed of the outcomes after having carried out all these maneuvers.
    Sincerely,

• edited January 1

Profiles dont get deleted when uninstalling the Lab.

So you will keep them.

If the reinstall does not work then something else is screwed on your PC or you are doing some step wrong or you copy-paste the wrong file or something else and you will need to wait for the next official Lab update to get the new cars into the list.

• Maurice,
    As promised I will share with you my feedback following the uninstallation of the lab, the deletion of the car lists as well as all the profiles from my hard drive, so I then reinstalled the lab, carefully reinstalled all the lists of cars and all the profiles, and magically now the new AMS2 list with the new cars is in place!
    I think neither you nor I have any answers to the problem I encountered.... it could happen in any case I have been using the lab for a long time and this is the first time I have encountered this sad fate. ..
    To conclude on the subject, thank you for taking your time to take an interest in my problem.
    Great night,

• Many thanks Maurice for your quick reply and for confirming the issue. I look forward to the next version then! Is there a previous version that works that I can use in the meantime please? Thanks again 😊

• AFAIK last version where the Base LEDs worked was 1.69.7 or 1.99..

• I would also really like to have this feature to regulate the intensity of the LEDs in my "podium-button-module-endurance".

• edited January 2

Had zero expectation you'd get these new AMS2 profiles out so quickly. As always, your efforts appreciated. The new Update folder worked as described (my guess, some looking at profiles in Lab UI before importing, not opening up cars in Lab UI to see they are added - just guessing). Well done.

• Thank you for all the nice profiles Maurice.

I just have 1 question.

I only race Iracing and the way i read the readme file that comes with the profiles. You can put your xml file in this folder

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\xml and fanalab will load your profiles on it own. But i cant get this to work.

Am i understanding it wrong our am i doing it wrong.

Im using a DD1 base.

• Yeah that part i did. Its just if i can get i to load my profiles without having to go into Fanalabs i whould like that. :)

• Profiles in iracing loads in, when you go on track, not after loading completes.

• Hi, i know there was a lot of posts about this issue when the rev lights freeze in game and stay frozen untill you turn off the base and turn it back on again. I was just wondering if anyone one found what could be causing it and if anyone fixed it? Thank you

• Would like to see the shifter settings from the Fanatec Control Panel "Map sequential shifter to shifter paddles" within the FanaLab game profile options. Thanks.

• Maybe hardware, or software issue, idk, but it's very annoying. A few people have this problem, and still not fixed. If I not use Fanalab, then it's not freeze.

Which game you play?

I contacted to Fanatec Dec. 20. and sent a video about this freeze problem, but still no got reply.

• Hi i play ACC and i think its a QR firmware issue that is causing this as when i got my base and i was doing the firmware update the only issue i had was updating the QR firmware that took me multiple tries to get it done.

• I playing ACC too! Then it's a game, or Fanalab issue, not the QR firmware, because this freeze issue here since 2021. My friend also play ACC, and have this problem.

• Hello,

I can’t install the drivers for Fanalab version v2.00.09.

I have only a Mack pro and I go through parallels desktop (forced, I will not buy a PC to update my configuration)

I tried the 451, 452, 455 drivers but could not install them, I have an error message systemically

Can you help me solve the problem?

Thanks

• Fanatec Driver is Windows exclusive, no Mac support.

Also FanaLab 2.00.09 is old...

This discussion has been closed.