FanaLab 1.69.7 Public Release (prev. 1.69.1) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Universal Hubs intermittently not detected. Power off/on one or two times they appear. Doesn't happen with any non-unv. hub wheels. Is this known?

• If at all then this would be a firmware and not a FanaLab issue.

When it's only happening with the Universal Hub then I would guess the Hub is broken and you should contact the support.

• Thank you. It actually happens with all 3 of my hubs. I'll reload all the firmware.

• Then that's a whole different Story.

This points toward a known hardware issue of the PCBA of the wheel base. You now not only should but you definitely need to contact the support to get the base repaired.

• Okay I'll contact. However, the hubs have never not been detected when I'm not using Fanalab. This only happens when using Fanalab. And it happens maybe 2 times out of 10.

I actually had the exact same issue on my CSW V2.5 as I do now on DD1 so I suspect support will not get me to a resolution. But I hear you.

• CARL FabriceCARL Fabrice Member
    edited April 2023

Thanks a lot, very good feeling now ! I downloaded Maurice fanalab 1.69 and I increase the ffb x1.25 (I have DD1) on each cars per each games. (Very long..)

do you thinks it’s possible to download the lastest Maurice pack already prepared for Dd1? ( without increase the ffb x1.25 on each cars ?)

• Or do you have a method to increase the ffb of 1.25x on all fanalab profils car at the same time?

in fact, if I downloaded lasted Maurice updated, I don’t want to increase the ffb 1.25x on each fanalab profil car

thanks a lot

• You can use a batch change text editor to make the same change to all files at once. I use BBEdit. Only takes seconds to make the same change to all cars.

• I find Notepad++ very handy. It has the great advantage of being compatible with a multitude of formats, including .ini and .json, which are some of the most common formats when it comes to modifying certain parameters in most video games ... and in this case it handles the .pws of Fanalab profiles without problems.

All you have to do is:

_ open the program, click the 'search' menu in the top bar and then 'replace...'

_ in the window that appears click on the 'search in files' tab

_ in the 'find' field enter <FF>60</FF> (valid for ACC, you will have to enter the value according to the specified parameter for the game you need)

_ in the 'replace with' field instead <FF>75</FF>

_ next to the text box in the 'folder' field click the little button with the three dots and point to the folder in which all files are contained (note, the folder, not the individual files!)

_ finally, click the big button to the right 'Replace in files'

Basically, in ACC for example, there are 3 different FF values, that is: 60 - 56 - 52 which multiplied for 1,25 correspond to 75 - 65 - 60

So to change all profiles, without leaving the window you have open, simply replace the "60" in the 'find' box with "56" and in the 'replace with' box change the "75" to "65" and click 'replace in files' again ... the same for the 3rd value.

In 30 seconds you have modified all the files without even having to open them!

• RuiRui Member
    edited April 2023

Hello,

Just updated Fanalab, it crashes almost immediately - it happens both when the wheelbase is connected and disconnected.

I have 2 entries from windows event viewer that may help:

I'm using the latest driver 450, and firmwares were also updated to the latest versions.

• Can you please try the following:

- Rename the folder LocalAppData\Fanatec\Fanalab to Fanalab - Copy

- Then start FanaLab

Seems like anything with your CDALP files gone wrong.

• edited April 2023

Hi @Maurice, thank you so much for your work and the profiles... can you please explain to us why we need to change on iRacing the Max Force param of the base? I have a DD2 and in the past, I always set the Max Force to 25Nm. Regards.

• I think you mix-up Max Force and Wheel Force?!

Wheel Force needs to be set to the Nm the Base can output. As I use FFB strength of 60 this equals to 15Nm, so Wheel Force = 15Nm.

• Thank you so much... and I suppose that Max Force (on iRacing) should be set to 25Nm if you are driving with a DD2, right? Best.

• Maurice, I'm asking this because I have watched this video (screenshot attached), and the content creator said that you need to change the Max Force in the game too... and this is very annoying to me and I prefer to ask you directly :) Thank you so much for your response...

• The Max Force is the only value which needs to be changed per car when using my profiles.

The value is included in the Name of each profile (first number), as explained in my readme files included with the download.

• Thank you so much (again), could you please share the app.ini used in your case to check some values? I don't understand very well some comments in the readme... for example, the first one about this:

displayLinearInNm - Nm Display of force: (parameter = 1) - Changes the iRacing force slider to display the 100% point in Nm

What is the correct value for that?

Regards.

• Hi Maurice, sorry to quote you on something completely unrelated, but really wanted your input.

I recently got Assetto Corsa Competizione on the PC and was testing out the new version of FanaLab with it. I'm experienced with using FanaLab for iRacing, but it was actually my first time in ACC.

I noticed that I couldn't correctly set up my wheel or pedals in-game using the default PC mode, only the PC Compatibility mode allowed me to do it while recognizing the base as the 2.5 Wheel Base. I have a Podium Wheel F1 (so basically a DD1 with PlayStation Compatibility). I saw that the recommended settings from Fanatec mention that the Compatibility mode should be used on the CSL DD Wheelbases, but not on the DD1/DD2 ones. The wheelbase is actually recognized as DD1 in-game, but although I can manually configure the pedals, shifters and buttons, the steering is not detected.

In Compatibility mode everything is detected by itself, I don't need to manually configure anything.

My questions are, is this expected? Do I need to use the compatibility mode in order to get ACC to recognize the DD1 wheelbase? And if so, is there any difference/limitation between the PC Mode and PC Compatibility mode? Since it shows up as the 2.5 Wheel Base I'm not sure if that can somehow impact the experience.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards.

• edited April 2023

Sounds like a driver installation issue, completely unrelated to FanaLab or ACC.

Uninstall the driver and reinstall it or use the driver repair function with the base powered on in PC mode and see if the base is recognized properly in the Driver.

• Tito AzevedoTito Azevedo Member
    edited April 2023

Thanks, will give it a go. I just installed the latest 450 driver, do you think it can be related to that?

The driver seems to be working well as, with PC mode, FanaLab detects the base, wheel and pedals. iRacing seems to be working well as well, it's just ACC that is failing to recognize the wheelbase correctly. It was my first time trying out ACC so I was unsure if it was supposed to work like this or not.

EDIT: I reinstalled the drivers and got the exact same behavior, but if I turn the wheel to the sides I'm able to detect it in the Steer option. This way I can get it to work in the PC Mode, I simply need to configure all the buttons/shifters/pedals, but once I do it one time I can save the preset and use it, so it's not that much of an issue. The only thing I'm still trying to get working in PC mode is the rotational knobs, but I've seen a few comments in the thread about that, I'll give it a look.

• Hi Maurice, just a quick one - if i upgrade to driver 450 and more specifically Fanalab 1.69.7 from .2, will all the profiles i've imported still be available to use? Or will I need to re-import them once i've updated Fanalab?

• Profiles are version independent and will never get lost with a version update.

• Ah amazing, thanks. Is that also the same with major version updates, so when we go from 1.69.x to 1.70.x they'll still work?

I kind of assume that they're ok when there's minor updates but when major updates get released they will need reimporting.

• edited April 2023

Profiles will never break.

There will be converters running automatically in the background in newer versions (if needed) to make all existing profiles working with every new version.

You will never ever have to re-do profiles from scratch or re-import them. Thats a promise I can give you as I would go bonkers when I would need to have to re-do all my nearly 400 profiles.

• hi there i just updated fanalb to 1.69.7 but canot see the new adc cars ,thanks

• the new ACC cars are inside the car list. If you mean there are no profile for those 3 cars, yes there are no profiles from Maurice yet but you can take the profile from the older Porsche, adjust the LED's if you like and and save it with the new name. I guess Maurice will come up with his profiles updated to ACC 1.9. as soon as he can.

• edited April 2023

In time for todays new ACC Patch 1.9 and the 2023 GT World Challenge DLC pack attached a brand new Profile Pack with the following changes:

• Added profiles for the new 2023 GT World Challenge DLC cars:
      • Ferrari 296 GT3
      • Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO2
      • Porsche 992 GT3 R
    • Adjusted the RevLED RPM values according to ACC Patch 1.9 for the following cars:
      • Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT3
      • Bentley Continental 2018
      • BMW M4 GT3
      • McLaren 720S GT3
      • Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020
    • Added new ProfileCarsList_ACC.xml file so the new profiles are directly bound to the respective new cars via CDALP (cars already included in FanaLab 1.69.7)

This discussion has been closed.