FanaLab 1.69.7 Public Release (prev. 1.69.1) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• edited April 2023

You seem to forgot to click on the "Exe detection +" button to assign the correct exe file.

From the instructions of the feature introduction:

• Ah I didn’t think I had to fill in both the Steam id and exe sections. Thanks. One more question. When you go to tuning it has pre-sets for Auto, 1-5. Is it going to save my current tuning into a preset? Or do you just choose a preset to act as a starting point for the game modifications? I am a bit confused. I thought Fanalab didn’t use the 1-5 built in presets and made a separate setup for each game. If you can clarify, I’d be much obliged.

• FanaLab can save hundreds of profiles but it still relies on the 5 available Setups of the Base.

So when you load a profile it will load one of the 5 Setups depending on with which active Setup you saved the profile.

So for example you have your settings for a custom game saved in Setup 5 then just click the save button while you are in Setup 5 and then FanaLab will automatically load (if chosen) the profile with Setup 5 on game start.

But usually the Setups are redundant when you use FanaLab profiles. I have saved all of my nearly 400 profiles into Setup 1. Doesnt matter as FanaLab is loading everything automatically in the background.

• If I save the game settings for a game profile in slot 5, should I have the wheel base set to slot 5 while playing. The game Or is Auto good enough?

• edited April 2023

You cant choose.

Its all done automatically in the background.

When you save a profile in Setup 5 and you load this Setup while you are in a different Setup, then the Setup will automatically change to Setup 5.

Its magic ;)

BTW: Auto Setup is something you should forget about very quickly. Its a feature almost no game uses, AFAIK only R3E uses this feature and then loads some recommended settings by the game developers but I dont find them particulary good and you also cant change settings when you are in Auto Setup. So just forget that. Basically, forget about the Setups in general and just save all profiles in Setup 1. As I said Setups dont matter anymore on PC when using FanaLab with its profiile magic, its more something for console users.

• Yeah that’s why I got confused. I save my PS5 console setup for Gran Turismo 7 in “slot 1” manually. So I guess I’ll save the PC FanaLab setups like in slot 5. I’m assuming it will switch the hardware to slot 5 when playing the PC game and if I go back to using the PS5, I have to change it back to slot 1 via the steering wheel tuning menu.

• Just one point. If I save in the software to FanaLab slot 5, when the game runs under FanaLab, does my wheelbase change to slot 5 with the info, or does it just overwrite the current set hardware slot info that is set on the wheel? Since I put my PS5 console ffb in hardware slot 1, If the latter is the case, I have to make sure I am on a different hardware slot when playing the on PC.

• edited April 2023

As I said, Fanalab is loading the Setup with which the profile was saved. It can not load or overwrite other Setups.

So as long as you save FanaLab profiles while being in Setup 5 then FanaLab will ALWAYS load its settings into Setup 5.

I think it might be best to just try it out to get a better understanding how it all works.

• I played around with it yesterday. Just unclear on one thing. Assume you have the game settings saved in slot 5 in FanaLab. And before I run the game I press the tune button on the wheel and it is set on slot 1. When I run the game via fanalab and press the tune button on the wheel at that point, should it show slot 5? Mine doesn’t but I think the changes are in effect.

• Depends if you manually loaded the FanaLab profile or if you have iit set to be the games default profile which then would automatically load together with the game. If the profile is saved with Tuning Menu Setup 5, then it will also load Tuniing Menu Setup 5. As I said it cant overwrite settings in a different Setup. Its only loading what you have saved.

• Sorry for the questions. You have been very helpful. But I still don’t get this point. I’m probably stupid. When running the game, do I have to physically touch and set the tuning on the actual wheel to set it to “setup 5” if that is what I clicked in Fanalab to save the profile? Sorry abt this.,,

• You either have to manually load the FanaLab profile, which will then change the Setup to the Setup with which the profile was saved, or you can make the profile the game default profile so it gets loaded automatically when the game starts.

You do not need to change any Setup manually, its all done by FanaLab. Obviously it can only load what you saved, so when you save with Setup 1 then it cant magically load Setup 5 - it would load Setup 1. So make sure you save the FanaLab profile with your desired Setup 5 and then when you either manually load the profile or it gets loaded automatically on game start it will load Setup 5.

• Hi

I see this was an issue a few months back with multiclass but I am still having it on driver 450/Fanalab 169.7, with Iracing.

When loading an online GT4 session it is not loading the associated car profile - it is loading a different GT4 car - I cant tell what the logic is but at present it defaults to the Aston. I have unbound/rebound all the GT4 cars several times but it is still not loading correct car profile.

Is this a known issue still or am I missing something else? I only just started using the auto car function and dont drive GT3's so have only just noticed it.

thankyou

• I can't use the tuning menu on Fanalab. I have the Clubsport v2.5 wheelbase and the Formula V2.5 wheel. I'm running Driver 450 and Firmware for the base is 692, the wheel is 46. Whenever I select the Tuning menu on Fanalab it says 'Wheel device not supported'. Any ideas how to solve this? Everything else on Fanalab works fine!

• edited April 2023

Sure it's a CSW V2.5 and not a CSW V2?

What Firmware version of the Motor do you have installed?

Can you show a picture of the Base Tab in the Fanatec Control Panel (Driver UI)? Is the Tuning Menu shown for you in the Driver?

• Bonjour

J’ais un problème avec mon Button Module Endurance il ce fige et reste bloqué plus aucunes touches ne fonctionnent...

Je vous met le fichier d’erreur ZIP ci joint: Fanalab v1.69.7

• Bump again, is the silence meaning there is no fix for this?

this seems to suggest either iracing or fanalab thinks I am in the BMW, yet I had manually loaded the porsche profile and reassociated it with the car. I dont own the BMW so not sure why it is saying current car is the bimmer...

• Hi Maurice,

many thanks for the ACC profiles you provided, I find them very good and allow me to fully enjoy my DD1!

But I just have a curiosity ... why did you take the effort to set different values for each car regarding the dynamic FFB parameters but then it is set disabled in all profiles?

• Hi Maurice,

Thanks for your work on the software, I'm starting to like it. I have one big problem with it, it doesn't support Richard Burns Rally. Would it be a lot of work to solve? If the vibration of the pedals worked, it would be a great help.

With the RSF Launcher, you can set the UDP telemetry ports in the game, so I don't understand what the obstacle is. Is there a way to submit a petition? I'm sure it has a huge player base these days.

Best regards,

Gabor

• Tom ZüllichTom Züllich Member
    edited May 2023

Hey,

after updating to FanaLab 1.69.7 my CSL DD 8Nm suddenly behaves weird.

When I start the Base, the calibration process is not smooth anymore but is jumping around.

After that the Wheel is not rotating smooth but is snapping in positions like every 25 degrees of rotation.

Before the update my wheelbase was working perfectly.

I tried different wheels, reinstalling drivers and software, aswell as reflashing firmware.

What is wrong and how can I fix this?

Edit: After multiple reinstalls and restarts it's working again. That was weird.

• Hi Maurice,

I have only just updated to the latest 1.69.7. and used it successfuly. I have since tried up date the car profiles for F1 22. I have then tried to update the profile car list in the XML file, Now when i open fanalab, Go to the game profile Tab and then go to click on F122 on the left side so as to get the car profiles. Fanalab crashes. If i Click on ACC then it still brings up all the old profiles.

Could you please explain how i may get a window event log so i can let you work out what is happening. The issue has only arisen since i updated the car profiles in the app data xml file.

I was previously using 1.65.

I have also deleted the h_key file in the registry as i noted from your early posts. Not sure if this was correct.

Your assistance would be appreciated

• seems you copy/pasted the wrong xml file which then will let FanaLab crash.

Best would be to delete the whole xml folder located in C\users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab.

After you deleted the xml folder, open FanaLab and it should no longer crash.

Then carefully follow the steps of the Readme file and copy/paste the correct xml file - or just bind the profiles by yourself in the FanaLab UI - takes just 2 minutes and might be the safer option.

• Thanks Maurice.

I apologise for ignorance in the below, but delving into the files of computers and software is not my strong point.

Before I delete the folder, I would like to replace /cut/paste the XML file method. However, I would like to start from where I should have originally (if possible). I noted that when I first went into that file there was sort of program or code at the top, then next line was project name then a profile for say the redbull car and the last line was project name again.

Do you have a copy of what the original xml file would have looked like. Noting that I had never been to this file prior to the copy and past error.

In other words it sounds like I should have left some parts, as I feel I copied and pasted over the entire file which sounds like it was wrong.

Once again thanks for your help.

• Nathan WongNathan Wong Member
    edited May 2023

Not sure if this had been brought up but the clutch point in device setup 5 never seems to save. I have a CSL DD and a LE 2022 F1 wheel and when I set the clutch point on the wheel it doesn't save. When I set it in Fanalab it doesn't save when I shut both of them off. It used to work before 1.69.7. All the other device setups, from auto to 4 save fine. I tried saving the clutch point setting in the Fanatec Control Panel and the same thing happened where the clutch point didn't save after turning the base off then back on.

The firmware is as follows:

Wheel Base: 1.1.8.5

Wheel Base Motor: 1.0.3.2

Steering Wheel: 46

Wireless QR: 6.0.0.1

Pedals: 1.35

• edited May 2023

Thanks, could reproduce, but as this also happens without the PC powered-on but just with the base powered-on it's a clear Firmware issue. No FanaLab issue.

• hi, can anyone tell me why the vibration often sticks until the next event? (starts vibrating in or out of a corner and vibrates until the next wheelspin/lockup etc happens) i'm on 1.69.7 with the 450 driver and dd1/formula-v2 and it happens a lot in iracing. i started to switch settings off, to see if it is one particular setting, and it still happens. this started to happen after i installed latest driver and latest fanalab about 3-4weeks ago.

• edited May 2023

Nobody can tell you WHY exactly its happening.

Its a known issue (as listed in the known issues in the first post) and still under investigation to be fixed in an upcoming new release in the future.

• ah, ok. Its only been released 2 months ago, maybe they will fix it until christmas.

This discussion has been closed.