FanaLab 1.69.7 Public Release (prev. 1.69.1) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Thnx for the profiles Maurice.

is it Only acc What has changed and Then the Only 3 new cars or also profiles in Ams2 etc.

I have all your profiles from 1.69.x load in fanalab.

• edited April 2023

The above Changelog is complete. No other changes other than the 3 new cars and LED adjustments for the other 5 cars.

• Thanks 👍🏻😊

• Hello Maurice I had a question About rfactor2 in the new profiles.

There is a peace of tekst in it what says that you have to change 3 tekst of the steering in the controller json file. Is that only for the dd1 and the dd2 or also for the csl dd 8nm?

it Goes about steering saturation and so on

• Oké so I can change that 3 lines for my csl dd? What is the result hen I change that?

• edited April 2023

There are a couple settings in the readme file for the Maurice profiles for iracing that I can't find in the app.ini file, am I supposed to add these manually or am I looking in the wrong place? I can't find steeringDampingParkedMaxPercent and steeringFFBSmooth.

• Hi Maurice,

i am on the CSL DD 8nm base. Am i correct to assume these profiles are tuned for the DD1 and 2 and not the CSL DD pro?

Is it a good idea to use these anyway and /or do i need to change some ffb settings if so?

Tx in advance. I used your profiles for the last year in acc but just now realised you set them up not for my wheelbase. hehe..

• My profiles are made with a DD2 and can be used with some calculation with a DD1 as well.

No other Base is recommended to be used with these profiles - at least not with the FFB settings. THe LED settings can be universally used with every base though.

• Hi @Maurice, how can I get the new profiles from ACC? Thank you so much!

• There are a couple settings in the readme file for the Maurice profiles for iracing that I can't find in the app.ini file, am I supposed to add these manually or am I looking in the wrong place? I can't find steeringDampingParkedMaxPercent and steeringFFBSmooth.

• Yes, just add them in. Seems your ini file is not updated to the newest spec. You could also delete it and let the game rebuild it from scratch the next time you start the game.

• Hi, I have some small bug with IRacing, DD2 and McLaren GT3 V2.

if I enter a practice with a car, the auto load profile works fine, but if I don’t ignore the warning mismatch on Fanalab app BEFORE the auto profile load the profile, the Fanalab application crashs.

I can fix this bug loading manually the profile of the car that I want to drive before load the session, ignore the warning of different wheel used for this profile, and saving with my hardware, with this, I don’t have issues with the Auto Load profile next time is launched.

What can I share with you? I think I can reproduce more times.

• Hi, I'am not sure if I'am right here. I have an issue with ACC 1.9, the new Porsche 992 GT3 R didn't show the correct break bias in Endurance module.

• Do you use the latest version 1.69.7? Only that version has the correct xml file for the correct BB Offset.

• Interestingly, when I deleted the file and let iRacing rebuild it, those settings still don't appear.

• Here you have the bug again, app frozen... thanks

• Please provide more Information on how exactly that happened, otherwise it's impossible to investigate and wont be fixed... Thanks

• Hi Maurice, I will try to explain the steps...

When you have the sim opened (I play in ACC & iRacing), if you need to load the first time I profile that has been saved with another hardware (different wheel for example) and the profile is loaded, you have the warning about wheel mismatch. Sometimes, the screen is under another and I can't go on with the application. I have reviewed and the application is not frozen, it looks like the "warning modal" is under another layer and I can't click anything, but the application is responding, I can click for example on settings, but not in any options of the setting... if I restart the application it still have this "layer" that can't make me press any button.

I hope this helps :)

Another question Maurice... I have noticed that your profiles are very good but very very strong, here you have another thread saying the same: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/27199/dd2-force-feedback-too-strong

I would like to know why in the past Fanatec recommended using 90% of the FF (https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/653/iracing-pc-fanatec-recommended-settings), why this radical change? I have read always that you need to put the FF to 90% and downgrade on the sim... can you please explain why this change?

Thank you so much for your time and response...

• edited April 2023

Two easy solutions:

1. Overwrite the profile with your hardware (simply click "load", accept the warning message, and then click "save"). Then the message cant pop-up again because now the profile is saved with your hardware config.
    2. Go to "Settings" and disable the "Enable device mismatch warning on game profile auto load" option. Then the message cant pop-up again because the warning is disabled for profile auto load and only would pop-up on manual profile load.

For your other question: I have no idea why the recommended settings suggest a FFB setting of 90% with a FFS setting of LINEAR. I did not made those recommended settings and I dont find them particulary good. Hence I use my own settings which are very different to the recommended ones. For iRacing this means FFB strength of 60% with FFS set to PEAK.

When using the in game settings as sugegsted per my readme files the profiles are everything but surely not too strong. If someone finds them too strong, simply lower the FFB setting in the Tuning Menu in ACC or increase the Max Force setting in the iRacing settings.

• Thank you so much again... I have disabled the warning :) Now it works... ;)

I have done exactly what you said on your thread, here you have some screenshots:

I'm driving in Hungaroring and on the first turn it's really hard to rotate the car....

Regards.

• edited April 2023

Just tried this exact combo (Audi R8 LMS @ Hungaroring) and as I did not drove this car for some time and iRacing seems to have done some updates to the FFB strength of this car I actually indeed felt that my profile settings are not good anymore: I find my profile settings too weak! I needed to lower the Max Force from 44Nm to 39Nm to get a good strength again (lower Max Force Nm makes the wheel stronger).

And even with the 39Nm Max Force I could still turn the wheel with one finger into turn one ...

If you find them too strong, you should increase the Max Force setting until you feel comfortable.

So I dont know whats wrong on your end but this settings are definitely not too strong. It kinda seems that your base is not applying the 60% strength correctly but is still on maybe the recommended value of 90% or so which would indeed be way too strong. I would check if the correct FFB setting is shown in the Tuning Menu of the wheel and if yes then I would contact the support as something is definitely not right with your base then.

• Wow, so strange in my case and the other driver who has a DD2 too... :(

I can move the wheel with one hand, but not only with a finger, I'm using the McLaren V2 wheel.

I have reviewed all the settings in the base, and all parameters look like the same in Tunning Menu and base (double-checked). I will check everything again and try to go on my way and don't use the suggested profiles (with the CSL DD I was very happy and I have changed some parameters and now it's more affordable and realistic).

My conclusions are:

• Put the FF at 100%
    • Down to zero all Natural options to let the game manage these options.
    • Put in a very low value for the FFB interpolation.
    • Force Effect Intensity to 100% and the Force, Damper, and Spring effect strength to 100%.
    • Linear Mode and NOT Peak Mode make me feel more details about the road surface.

Now, in iRacing put the Wheel Force to 25Nm and strength to 5 approx.

Could you please share with us your app.ini to check if I have something different? Maybe something I modified in the past.

Maurice, thank you so much for your time!

• Maurice can you tell of I can use the in game ffb from the read me file in your latest setup file. With my csl dd 8nm

gain 60%

damping 100%

every thing else 0

then I have no clipping in Acc. With 65 gain a lttle bit in a high speed corner in Zandvoort

• I have changed the FF to 80% that it’s like 20Nm. 😅 I need clipping when the car spinning

• Then for whatever reason the TelemetryDataExtra.xml file was not updated on your PC.

Simply delete that file (C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\xml) and restart FanaLab. The file will then be built fresh with the one included in the installer which definitely includes the correct BB offset value for all the 3 new ACC cars.

• Ok you are right, somehow a wrong old xml file was merged into the installer build...

Please copy/paste this xml file into the following folder: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\xml

Then the BB offset should be correct.

This correct new xml file will be included in new FanaLab releases.

• I must be doing something stupid. I am trying to add a custom game and I put in the title, photo, and Steam id but the “Add” button is still grayed out. Funny thing is that I am doing Wreckfest which is you example custom game. What am I doing wrong?

This discussion has been closed.