Black Friday Orders | Shipping Update 2

Comments

• Florian BraunFlorian Braun Member
    edited December 2023

Short update from german first (and last) time customer:

ordered at 24.11. 01:29pm

status changed fast to „completely shipped“ (we all know in the meantime what that bullshit status means)

yesterday evening I got several SMS from UPS with announcement for todays delivery between 10:15am and 2:15pm

checked at 5pm, nothing delivered and the UPS status says something similar to „ready to collect for UPS“ (which means, Fanatec has the packages announced to UPS to collect from somewhere) (Group 7 was the delivery company… they have a warehouse e.g. at the Airport in Stuttgart, south Germany)

checked tracking numbers a minute ago, UPS is planning to deliver at Monday between 10:15am and 2:15pm

lets See…

but finally… I don‘t use a Consol to play, just PC…

next time I‘ll order from Moza or something else… don‘t want to have that „Not“ Customer Service anymore…

Fanatec, deliver and than I hope during waranty time nothing breaks… and then this was my Fanatec experience…

• I've received my invoice on November 20 2023 for V3 pedals bundel and tracking numbers.

The problem is when is FANATEC going to release my product you mentioned your working on Nov 24,25 there was no pre order date. My payment went through. It also says completely shipped Why was my order overlooked. Way pass the the 10 days. I ordered it at 11:00 you sent invoice at 13:00 that day.

Fanatec has released the damper and break kit which one is in BC. CAN. The other in Toronto. But no V3 pedals.

Why not send all products in one box. Beside the point. Can some Please look into my order. I would love to get them before Christmas due to all the Christmas rush and all. And leaving in Canada. Today is December 8 2023

Thank you

• The descission was already taken by Fanatec to give a shit on the customer!

instead of asking „as there was a mistake on our webshop, would you mind to pay the correct price for the APM module minus 10% as it was our fault?“

they just spit in your face and said, we have enough money earned and neither enough staff to fulfill the needs nor the stock of goods to satisfy the customer.

That seems to be the real truth…

• There were more bugs, that 70€ discount shouldn't have been there, which is why your order was also cancelled

• Florian BraunFlorian Braun Member
    edited December 2023

And finally I would say, don‘t wait for Fanatec to put tracking numbers or serial numbers to your order.

they don‘t have enough staff to handle all that!

they are glad, the staff was able to handle the current situation…

just Check on a regular base your ordernumber at UPS and hope it appears there…

to be honest:

Fanatec is on the market for a long time now…

it was Not the first BF for them.

instead of taking care of the processes and propper Communications in Front of the BF, they just let it run… fully aware that hell brakes loose…

Welcome to „Servicewüste Deutschland“!

• Hi, my order wasn’t canceled yet. I was just wandering if it would be.

thing is, I had no clue there was if you think it is one. Just put the wheel on the basket as it was advertised on the home page, then picked the CSL DD and pedals, and paid 🤷🏼‍♂️

would really be a shame if it was canceled though..

• I put my order number on UPS, but it does not allow me to insert the country, so if I just put the order number it then shows a list of different tracking... some delivered some routed.

How do I know which one is mine, if any?

• Wait another day (working day) or two.

the already delivered are the items that were sent to some warehouses in between to fulfill your order.

the ones on your list that are not delivered yet, could be your items. Count them and compare the outcome with the items of your order. Should fit… at least for me it did.

• No, they won't cancel your order for having bought the steering wheel, they will cancel your order if you bought the steering wheel plus the AMP module, which added €225 discount.

Only steering wheel was 200, steering wheel + AMP was 165, that's why they are eliminating them, many people placed the order knowing about the mistake, there were probably so many that Fanatec decided to punish everyone, even those poor bastards who didn't have them didn't even notice this additional discount and had bought other goods, they got caught up in it, thanks to the Reddit scalpers.

However, as I said there were other bugs, one concerned the CSL, worth €80/70, I thought it was yours, in general, they canceled all the orders that were blocked with the red square saying processing.

• edited December 2023

Thank you Florian!

• Alex MeekAlex Meek Member
    edited December 2023

You're entirely fine, as long as you didn't buy the APM with the wheel it won't get cancelled, at least based on what we've seen so far.

• Thanks mate - my order has been saying « completely shipped » for like 9 or 10 days, as many many customers over this forum.

I guess I’ll just wait and see !

• Check with the reference number, apparently many times they shipped and didn't send tracking.

Go to the second page of this discussion to find out more

• "Dear Customer,

We hope this message finds you well. Unfortunately, we must inform you about a significant change in the status of your recent ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5 X order in our Fanatec Online Shop.

We sincerely regret to inform you that we have to contest the entire purchase agreement between you and us, the Endor AG, made on 24. Nov 23 under 1834470.This implies that the agreement, encompassing all items in your order, is considered void and null from the beginning.

During the Black Friday event, due to an exceptionally high volume of traffic on our website, we encountered issues with several orders. These included discrepancies between the invoiced amounts and the advertised Black Friday prices. A technical glitch in our online shop led to unintended discounts, resulting in incorrect pricing during the ordering process.

It is crucial to emphasize that we had no intention of concluding a purchase agreement at the mistakenly indicated price. At the time of your purchase, the declaration error was unknown to us, and the automation of our online purchase process allowed your order to proceed. Had we been aware of this error, we would have declined your offer immediately.

Furthermore, we would like to point out that consciously exploiting a pricing error goes against good faith. In light of this, no valid purchase agreement has been established between you and the Endor AG for the aforementioned order.

Simultaneously, as a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a voucher with a 10% discount for the purchase of a steering wheel until April 2024. This voucher is exclusively valid for your account, and you will receive further details in a separate email.

For any inquiries or further clarification, please feel free to contact us through [contact information].

Best regards,

Team Fanatec"

This looks like it was written by a lawyer. Rather than try and help their customers resolve the issue, they spent two weeks with a law firm trying to figure out how they can weasel out of it without getting sued. Given the number of people they've shafted with this one, especially in the US I think a class action lawsuit is pretty much a given at this point.

• The way they have handled the situation is truly baffling. There's not much to add, but the implication that I acted in bad faith is the last straw. They did not even mention a refund for their own mistake, unbelievable.

I've already emailed Fanatec, expressing my concerns and disappointment. In an attempt to allow them to rectify the situation, I've set a deadline for their response. I genuinely hoped for an apology and a different resolution, which should have been their initial course of action, but obsviously I am not expecting much.

if they don't respond to my email, I decided to explore legal options. If there's a class suit (or whatever it's called), I'm more than willing to join forces. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected].

• Same boat... does your order still in RED BOX in process ?

• Je moet gewoon een dikke korting vragen dat ga k ook doen !

• So it’s not looking like anything from 27-30th are going out this week as it is Friday. God I hate this company so much.

• I filed a case with the European Consumer Centers to obtain their legal assistance in mediation. I will provide news if the case deserves to be handled by their service.

• @James @Fanatec. I ordered my products not to long ago so I'm not here to complain or ask where it is, but you guys have a lot of angry customers and no answers for anything. You guys really need to keep your customers updated properly and find a way to streamline your shipping process. The wait times and lack of communication from your company are outrageous; please do better.

• It's something to laugh about... people who complain about a canceled order when there is an obvious pricing error.

Good luck if you want to attack Fanatec or any other company for that reason, instead of lossing time, find out and you will see that justice always rules in favor of the seller in this case, so many cases which set jurisprudence have already been judged...

So as a consumer I can understand the frustration of not having achieved the expected deal, but to blame a company for simply wanting to be paid for what it sells is not very correct from my point of view...

• I would have been perfectly okay if they were just 'wanting to be paid for what they sell' but that's not what they did here. Personally I'm a multi-millionaire, having worked thirty years in the Silicon Valley tech industry. I couldn't give a rats ar** about the discount, I just wanted my order to be shipped. All they had to do was ask, and I would have paid the $225 they are butt-hurt about. Instead they cancelled the entire order and now everything I wanted is out-of-stock so now I'm upset. I didn't even know about the APM glitch until after I placed my order and I saw people talking about it on FB.

• edited December 2023

Alright, there was a pricing error, great.

Let's deal with the part they screwed up, and not screw the customer out of the rest of their order.

I'll repurchase the apm full price separately, I don't care. I want the v2.5x I bought at the black Friday price. I want the shifter I bought at the black Friday price. I want the 6 qr2 connectors I paid $540 for as part of my black Friday order.

I've been out this money for 2 weeks so far, and unless something changes, it's going to be months before i can get the things that are backordered / oos now, and that 10% coupon is pathetic.

• Question is: when there are many canceled orders because of unintended bundle discounts with the formula 2.5x and APM, why are the orders without the APM not fulfilled? There must be plenty of 2.5x in stock to fulfill the orders, but we are waiting without any info, tracking numbers... Anything.

Fanatec get your work done! We payed for this stuff already!